12yr old Girl Benches 70kg. Thoughts?

Is the back bend on the bench getting a little out of hand? I know that powerlifting is all about finding the best leverages and shortest rom but there is just something that doesn’t look right about it. Personally I would like to see the back totally flat on the bench. Or maybe I’m just jealous because I’m not flexible.

What is Kyle Gass doing handing off at the end of the video?

WTF @ that arch

[quote]Otis Rush wrote:
WTF @ that arch[/quote]
x2 as soon as the thumbnail loaded I was like D:

I remember seeing a video of this girl quite a while back. I’ll never forget that spine angle.

Good god!

Read through some comments.

The Hodge Twins sycophants are pretty annoying.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

I saw a guy at my last meet who had a similar arch. Definitely crazy looking.

james

You’d like to see the back totally flat on the bench? A) I don’t even see how that’s possible if you don’t have a pancake ass; B) Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

You know what I’d like to see? An arch video without people pissing and moaning about how it’s unfair or looks wrong. Flexibility like that is one in a million, and she still has to be pretty strong to move the weight as far as she does. Tip your cap and move on. Next you people will want to give bonus points for having long arms.

I’ve seen some skinny guys at meets arch similar to that, it looks like they fold themselves in half. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, though, from a health or competition standpoint. More power to them; I’ll bet their shoulders feel a lot better than mine do.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
You’d like to see the back totally flat on the bench? A) I don’t even see how that’s possible if you don’t have a pancake ass; B) Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

You know what I’d like to see? An arch video without people pissing and moaning about how it’s unfair or looks wrong. Flexibility like that is one in a million, and she still has to be pretty strong to move the weight as far as she does. Tip your cap and move on. Next you people will want to give bonus points for having long arms.[/quote]

Feel better?