1260 squat

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

[quote]GhostOD wrote:
Great looking squat, and it’s still getting hate over at powerlifting watch.
such is life. [/quote]

Powerlifting watch sucks. They should do away with the comment section totally. Its just a way for people to bitch and bash each other’s feds…
[/quote]
Agreed . I love lifting but understand that it will never be a spectator sport . These guys need to understand
that . I find it boring if I don’t know the participants .

Here’s a better angle:

i thought i remember reading after he broke the 3000 total he was going to retire something about to much stress and shit, o well, proved me wrong

[quote]bignate wrote:
i thought i remember reading after he broke the 3000 total he was going to retire something about to much stress and shit, o well, proved me wrong[/quote]

No one has totalled 3000 yet. Don retired briefly after breaking 2900 but is now planning on making a run at 3000. He did this small meet in Myrtle Beach to get the squat off of his back since he hasn’t gotten one in at the last two meets he’s done and is going for 3k soon.

I wonder if his blood pressure exceeds his squat while that is on his back…

Donnie Thompson lifting with Vlad Alhazov in the same competition, who wouldn’t pay to see that?

I may not personally be involved in the ply stuff but it’s awesome to see people addicted to the Iron so much so that 1250 is an unacceptably low mark for the world’s best equipped squat.

I’m curious as to what your psych up is in the 10 seconds before you know there will be the equivalent of a small tractor on your back.

For the record this means in his gear he could squat a dead lion over each shoulder. Probably for a Triple.

to put 1260 on your back… is fucking insane.

incredible…

that is all

[quote]BEAR BORN wrote:

Donnie Thompson lifting with Vlad Alhazov in the same competition, who wouldn’t pay to see that?

I may not personally be involved in the ply stuff but it’s awesome to see people addicted to the Iron so much so that 1250 is an unacceptably low mark for the world’s best equipped squat.

I’m curious as to what your psych up is in the 10 seconds before you know there will be the equivalent of a small tractor on your back.

For the record this means in his gear he could squat a dead lion over each shoulder. Probably for a Triple.[/quote]

Live ones for a single I think… since they’re moving around and not being cooperative and all that… I guess he would eat the lions for PWO nutrition afterwards. Only seems natural.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]BEAR BORN wrote:

For the record this means in his gear he could squat a dead lion over each shoulder. Probably for a Triple.[/quote]

Live ones for a single I think… since they’re moving around and not being cooperative and all that… I guess he would eat the lions for PWO nutrition afterwards. Only seems natural.[/quote]

Agreed, live ones would probably be like hanging a kettlebell on the bar. I think dead ones would deload at the bottom and he could get a triple in…

Randomly saw this video pop up in the video section of cnn.com since it was a WR. Don’t usually see stuff like this on that site.

the guy is unbalanced . no deadlift . i know he bench over 900 also .

parallel squat . at the most

[quote]winston43 wrote:
parallel squat . at the most [/quote]

Brilliant observation good sir!

[quote]winston43 wrote:
parallel squat . at the most [/quote]

Please spontaneously combust.

Thanks.

I don’t know how they judge the SHW guys. It’s easy to tell depth on a 198 with no belly. Every squat I see from the big guys looks like it’s high to me, but I’m not trained to know what to look for and the videos are never from the side.

too bad powerlifting has changed so much for such a young sport . things are quite differenrthan what they were in the 1980,s. i think weightlifting has not changed much compare to this.

[quote]winston43 wrote:
too bad powerlifting has changed so much for such a young sport . things are quite differenrthan what they were in the 1980,s. i think weightlifting has not changed much compare to this.[/quote]
Would you please be specific in how you mean it has changed?

[quote]superdad4 wrote:

[quote]winston43 wrote:
too bad powerlifting has changed so much for such a young sport . things are quite differenrthan what they were in the 1980,s. i think weightlifting has not changed much compare to this.[/quote]
Would you please be specific in how you mean it has changed?[/quote]

Do you spot the difference?
And that’s now even the 80’s…

[quote]jonatan-shg wrote:

[quote]superdad4 wrote:

[quote]winston43 wrote:
Would you please be specific in how you mean it has changed?[/quote]

Do you spot the difference?
And that’s now even the 80’s…[/quote]

We have better cameras now?