$124 for Creatine!

should i take caffeine with creatine before a workout?

Hey Barney, lifting heavy will make you shit in rainbow colors so you better avoid it from now on. You read it here first on T-Nation so it must be gospel :slight_smile:

A

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
ocn2000 wrote:
playmaker08 wrote:
its CE2 by MRI, all their prices are jacked up

Yeah, that was it. I was at GNC because I was at the mall buying shoes. They had Muscle milk on sale, but were out of chocolate. Otherwise I would have avoided the place.

Muscle milk is bad. It contains stuff that could potentially give you a heart attack. That is according to an article here on T-Nation.

I actaully buy a few things from GNC. I buy a generic zinc pill. (I take a couple zinc 30’s throughtout the day, and then ZMA at night). And GNC is the ONLY place I can find a full spectrum vitamin E. Sometimes I buy the generic brand GNC whey, when its on sale.[/quote]

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Hey Barney, lifting heavy will make you shit in rainbow colors so you better avoid it from now on. You read it here first on T-Nation so it must be gospel :slight_smile:

A

BarneyFife wrote:
ocn2000 wrote:
playmaker08 wrote:

Yeah, that was it. I was at GNC because I was at the mall buying shoes. They had Muscle milk on sale, but were out of chocolate. Otherwise I would have avoided the place.

Muscle milk is bad. It contains stuff that could potentially give you a heart attack. That is according to an article here on T-Nation.

I actaully buy a few things from GNC. I buy a generic zinc pill. (I take a couple zinc 30’s throughtout the day, and then ZMA at night). And GNC is the ONLY place I can find a full spectrum vitamin E. Sometimes I buy the generic brand GNC whey, when its on sale.

[/quote]

haha…

The guy at GNC told me he does not recommend Creatine. He said Creatine builds fake muscle and he doesn’t recommend fake muscles.

I told him to come here and post that asking professorx for his opinion. And attach a photo for a more “heart felt.” response.

Ok, I pretty much agree with everybody here, but you have to see the other side of the story too.

I happen to work at a shoe store that is owned by the same person that owns a GNC in my town. Occasionally, they have me work at GNC when they need someone to cover a shift for a few days.

Probably 80% of the people that come in to GNC are so stupid, that I can’t convince them to NOT by what they came in to get. Guys come in wanting to buy some CE2 and NO2 at ridiculous prices. I tell them that they are a waist of money and that NO2 doesn’t do anything at all. I give references and tell them to look up the studies on arginine. I give them a basic explanation of why those products don’t work. I tell them that the most important things are a good protein powder, creatine monohydrate, fish oil, and multivitamin. It almost never works.

That is just one example, the same thing happens with almost all the products there. An obese woman comes in and says she saw a commercial for hydroxycut and wants to lose weight. I tell her that proper nutrition and exercises are going to make the best improvements, and she buys it anyway.

Yeah people that work at GNC usually don’t know anything, but the people that come in there are often just as stupid.

[quote]Tyler Simmons wrote:
Ok, I pretty much agree with everybody here, but you have to see the other side of the story too.

I happen to work at a shoe store that is owned by the same person that owns a GNC in my town. Occasionally, they have me work at GNC when they need someone to cover a shift for a few days.

Probably 80% of the people that come in to GNC are so stupid, that I can’t convince them to NOT by what they came in to get. Guys come in wanting to buy some CE2 and NO2 at ridiculous prices. I tell them that they are a waist of money and that NO2 doesn’t do anything at all. I give references and tell them to look up the studies on arginine. I give them a basic explanation of why those products don’t work. I tell them that the most important things are a good protein powder, creatine monohydrate, fish oil, and multivitamin. It almost never works.

That is just one example, the same thing happens with almost all the products there. An obese woman comes in and says she saw a commercial for hydroxycut and wants to lose weight. I tell her that proper nutrition and exercises are going to make the best improvements, and she buys it anyway.

Yeah people that work at GNC usually don’t know anything, but the people that come in there are often just as stupid.[/quote]

lol

Nice , I guess I never thought about that.

A

BarneyFife wrote:
ocn2000 wrote:
playmaker08 wrote:

I actaully buy a few things from GNC. I buy a generic zinc pill. (I take a couple zinc 30’s throughtout the day, and then ZMA at night). And GNC is the ONLY place I can find a full spectrum vitamin E. Sometimes I buy the generic brand GNC whey, when its on sale.

[/quote]

YAh. I am wrong. Sorry. Please, let me rephrase my statement.

There are some studies that point to muscle milk containing ingredients that might negatively impact your heart health. However, These studies were brought to my attention by a competitor of the company that produces muscle milk, which casts some doubt as to the honesty of these studies. I beleive that the competitior who posted the studies claiming muscle milk to contain harmful ingredients acted in good faith, but economics may have played a role in the decision.

There have also been independent studies refuting the findings that muscle milk can be harmful.

So, just be aware that muscle milk MIGHT contain harmful ingredients.

About anything you put into your system contains harmful ingredients though. Apparently the camel unfilitered ciggarettes that my grandfather sucks down contain nicoteine and tar. Who Knew?

I hate the people at GNC though.

When ZMA wasn’t in stock at Biotest, I asked if they had a ZMA product at GNC. The clerk said all the had was the GNC brand product. I told her no, it contains calcium. She got all defensive, and carefully read the nutrition facts to me. She said “see, no calcium”. I told her to check the “other ingredients” list below the nutrition facts. She started to read them out loud to me, until she stumbled upon calcium. Then she shut up.

The last time I went to GNC, when they had their generic brand of protein on sale, the same woman tried to sell me the mega-mens vitamins that they have. First of all, if I could AFFORD mega-mens, then I would take animal-pak. But I didn’t want to hurt suzy mc-dumbbitche’s feelings. So I told her that the mega-mens contained soy. She then proceeded to tell me they didn’t contain soy. and read the nutrition facts. And then I told her to read the other ingredients list.

Apparently, minimum wage doesn’t attract smart employee’s.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:

When ZMA wasn’t in stock at Biotest, I asked if they had a ZMA product at GNC. The clerk said all the had was the GNC brand product. I told her no, it contains calcium. She got all defensive, and carefully read the nutrition facts to me. She said “see, no calcium”. I told her to check the “other ingredients” list below the nutrition facts. She started to read them out loud to me, until she stumbled upon calcium. Then she shut up.

The last time I went to GNC, when they had their generic brand of protein on sale, the same woman tried to sell me the mega-mens vitamins that they have. First of all, if I could AFFORD mega-mens, then I would take animal-pak. But I didn’t want to hurt suzy mc-dumbbitche’s feelings. So I told her that the mega-mens contained soy. She then proceeded to tell me they didn’t contain soy. and read the nutrition facts. And then I told her to read the other ingredients list.

Apparently, minimum wage doesn’t attract smart employee’s.[/quote]

Actually the mega-men sport vitamins cost 34.99 for a 3 month supply, while the animal pack i believe is 31.99 for one month, so the mega-men is much cheaper if looking at it that way. Plus i do not think a minimal amount of soy would hurt you, and if it does then you should not have bought the pro performance whey protein, because that also contains soy. If it wasnt for me working there and getting my 30% discount i would just buy all my stuff online, since you can find it for much cheaper.

Uuuh…no? 44 Paks, 22 bucks, 50 cents a Pak, one a day times 31 is 15 bucks. Damn I am good at math. You pay more, you are getting ripped off.

[quote]playmaker08 wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

Actually the mega-men sport vitamins cost 34.99 for a 3 month supply, while the animal pack i believe is 31.99 for one month, so the mega-men is much cheaper if looking at it that way. Plus i do not think a minimal amount of soy would hurt you, and if it does then you should not have bought the pro performance whey protein, because that also contains soy. If it wasnt for me working there and getting my 30% discount i would just buy all my stuff online, since you can find it for much cheaper.[/quote]

Uuuh…no? 44 Paks, 22 bucks, 50 cents a Pak, one a day times 31 is 15 bucks. Damn I am good at math. You pay more, you are getting ripped off.

playmaker08 wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

Actually the mega-men sport vitamins cost 34.99 for a 3 month supply, while the animal pack i believe is 31.99 for one month, so the mega-men is much cheaper if looking at it that way. Plus i do not think a minimal amount of soy would hurt you, and if it does then you should not have bought the pro performance whey protein, because that also contains soy. If it wasnt for me working there and getting my 30% discount i would just buy all my stuff online, since you can find it for much cheaper.

[/quote]

The internet sells them for much cheaper, they are 44.99 for 21 packs at gnc. Compared to that price the mega men is much cheaper. Even at the price of 22 bucks mega men is a better value at 34.99 for 3 months which comes to 38 cents a day, or 11.60 dollars a month.

Fair enough but let me ask you this, what determines value to you? I am trying to built the biggest fucking mansion possible, not a one room shack. So if you think you get everything you need from your one a day mega men than more power to you.

[quote]playmaker08 wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

The internet sells them for much cheaper, they are 44.99 for 21 packs at gnc. Compared to that price the mega men is much cheaper. Even at the price of 22 bucks mega men is a better value at 34.99 for 3 months which comes to 38 cents a day, or 11.60 dollars a month.
[/quote]

Fair enough but let me ask you this, what determines value to you? I am trying to built the biggest fucking mansion possible, not a one room shack. So if you think you get everything you need from your one a day mega men than more power to you.

playmaker08 wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

[/quote]

First off, mega men is two a day, and if your looking for the highest quality multi-vitamin (between mega men and animal pack), then animal pack wins. As far as money goes, mega men is a better value.