$124 for Creatine!

I was at GNC the other day and the sales chic tries to sell me these creatine capsules that were $124 a bottle! Mind you it was a pretty small bottle, and you had to take 4 pills to equal one dose. I wish I could remember the brand.

The hell were you doing at GNC. Sometimes I go there to debate ‘science’ with the dudes that work there but other than that it’s useless.

“Well you could buy the real brand of (product X) or you could buy this ripoff GNc brand for only 10 dollars more? Pretty good deal huh? You want some B-complex with that?”

-chris

Dude, you get what you pay for! Taking that shit would have given you better gains than any steroid cycle could. I can’t believe you passed that up.

(jk)

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
You want some B-complex with that?"
[/quote]

I dont know why, but this made me laugh out loud. Really loud.

its CE2 by MRI, all their prices are jacked up

I shudder to imagine how many people out there are actually paying that kind of money for what now appears to be a pretty basic supplement.

I wonder if they’d mind bottling up capsules containing sugar, call it something fancy assed like s3 (yes, sugar cubed), and see who’s willing to buy it?

[quote]vroom wrote:
I shudder to imagine how many people out there are actually paying that kind of money for what now appears to be a pretty basic supplement.

I wonder if they’d mind bottling up capsules containing sugar, call it something fancy assed like s3 (yes, sugar cubed), and see who’s willing to buy it?[/quote]

I tried telling a friend of mine over and over, but he’s hooked on his Creatine pills.

He says they don’t give him the bloat that powdered Creatine gives him. I asked if he tried a more pure brand of Creatine because a lesser quality brand could have more side effects.

He hasn’t tried any Creapure brand Creatines, and won’t give up his pills.

[quote]vroom wrote:
I wonder if they’d mind bottling up capsules containing sugar, call it something fancy assed like s3 (yes, sugar cubed), and see who’s willing to buy it?[/quote]

Hey that sounds cool actually. You can gain all the fat without all that annoying chewing getting in the way.

[quote]playmaker08 wrote:
its CE2 by MRI, all their prices are jacked up[/quote]

Yeah, that was it. I was at GNC because I was at the mall buying shoes. They had Muscle milk on sale, but were out of chocolate. Otherwise I would have avoided the place.

[quote]ocn2000 wrote:
playmaker08 wrote:
its CE2 by MRI, all their prices are jacked up

Yeah, that was it. I was at GNC because I was at the mall buying shoes. They had Muscle milk on sale, but were out of chocolate. Otherwise I would have avoided the place. [/quote]

Muscle milk is bad. It contains stuff that could potentially give you a heart attack. That is according to an article here on T-Nation.

I actaully buy a few things from GNC. I buy a generic zinc pill. (I take a couple zinc 30’s throughtout the day, and then ZMA at night). And GNC is the ONLY place I can find a full spectrum vitamin E. Sometimes I buy the generic brand GNC whey, when its on sale.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Funny thing! I gave this dude five bucks one time for a sugar cube that had a little purple stain on it. The following eighteen hours were very interesting.

I didn’t get any stronger though ;(

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Funny thing! I gave this dude five bucks one time for a sugar cube that had a little purple stain on it. The following eighteen hours were very interesting.

I didn’t get any stronger though ;(

[/quote]

Hey, I think I met that guy too.

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
Sometimes I go there to debate ‘science’ with the dudes that work there but other than that it’s useless.

-chris[/quote]

WTF?

[quote]GaMeOvEr305 wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:
Sometimes I go there to debate ‘science’ with the dudes that work there but other than that it’s useless.

-chris

WTF?

[/quote]

ya, gnc-baiting, its the newest thing, say you’re at the mall with your girlfriend and she’s already done trying on the lingere and anything you may want to see her in. she is still shopping strong and you’re dying quick, stat, to the gnc and have some fun watching them talk in circles when you try to get them to cite any references.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
GaMeOvEr305 wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:

-chris

WTF?

ya, gnc-baiting, its the newest thing, say you’re at the mall with your girlfriend and she’s already done trying on the lingere and anything you may want to see her in. she is still shopping strong and you’re dying quick, stat, to the gnc and have some fun watching them talk in circles when you try to get them to cite any references.[/quote]

I’m totally guilty of this type of assault on GNC people too. I’ve yet to make them cry…but one day …
(hey, everyone has to have a goal)

my favorite: GNC person is giving thier “expert” advise on a b.s. product with more hype than the manufacturers themselves to some idiot when I walk and start laughing my ass off “you can’t seriously believe this guy?” to the customer. And then walk out. And watch 30 seconds later as the would-be customer also walks out.

[quote]AllTraps wrote:
ubl0 wrote:
GaMeOvEr305 wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:

-chris

WTF?

ya, gnc-baiting, its the newest thing, say you’re at the mall with your girlfriend and she’s already done trying on the lingere and anything you may want to see her in. she is still shopping strong and you’re dying quick, stat, to the gnc and have some fun watching them talk in circles when you try to get them to cite any references.

I’m totally guilty of this type of assault on GNC people too. I’ve yet to make them cry…but one day …
(hey, everyone has to have a goal)

my favorite: GNC person is giving thier “expert” advise on a b.s. product with more hype than the manufacturers themselves to some idiot when I walk and start laughing my ass off “you can’t seriously believe this guy?” to the customer. And then walk out. And watch 30 seconds later as the would-be customer also walks out.[/quote]

I havnt been to a GNC for a couple of months, I have popeyes 4 minute walk away and I’v known the owner for quite a while. He actually refused to sell me some GAKIC <sp?> when I was trying to burn some money.

The GNC’s in my city have a nice vibrating chair out in front though that feels like butsecks and a great massage.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
vroom wrote:
I wonder if they’d mind bottling up capsules containing sugar, call it something fancy assed like s3 (yes, sugar cubed), and see who’s willing to buy it?

Hey that sounds cool actually. You can gain all the fat without all that annoying chewing getting in the way.[/quote]

Sounds like a great marketing plan for a bulking program! You could be billionaires…

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
GaMeOvEr305 wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:

-chris

WTF?

ya, gnc-baiting, its the newest thing, say you’re at the mall with your girlfriend and she’s already done trying on the lingere and anything you may want to see her in. she is still shopping strong and you’re dying quick, stat, to the gnc and have some fun watching them talk in circles when you try to get them to cite any references.[/quote]

Hahaha! I love that game!

Want a funny one?

Ask the middle aged lady that knows about herbs(cause they all have one) about something for a terminal illness. They will have something that will treat it.

Best one ever- Chellated silver treats or prevents S.A.R.S.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Hahaha! I love that game!

Want a funny one?

Ask the middle aged lady that knows about herbs(cause they all have one) about something for a terminal illness. They will have something that will treat it.

Best one ever- Chellated silver treats or prevents S.A.R.S.
[/quote]

i was at a local supplement store getting greens+ (didn’t have time to wait for cheaper internet order) and the haggard middle-aged woman behind the counter was trying to sell half the herb supplements in the place to an extremely obese old woman.

you feeling generally run down, try this, mental focus, try this…you would not believe what it took me to keep my mouth shut (if you find yourself in this situation, just chant to yourself: “save my breath, save my breath” and soon it will be over).

ever better part: middle-aged old lady behind counter is obvious smoker with teeth one rung above a meth addict. go healthy living!

I read the muscle milk thing on here, and the counter argument with the research from medline about the same chemicals. They did not seem too harmful from what I read. The advice on here is great, but it is not the end all be all of opinions. I appreciate the heads up, in case I was unaware of the article though.