1200 Pound Man

I really don’t know how any one took my previous post but even though it was sincere. I do not want anyone to think that I enable him I do not and he knows better than trying to lull me into that.

His mom is all of about 120 lbs and his step dad is a retired Cop who would at 70+ yrs put alot of 30 yr olds to shame with his level of fitness.

In his case I just think he is suceptable to depressive states and has to find the motivating factor for him.

P.S. He does not have any medical conditions save for he is Fat.

I believe wether we want to believe it or not their are far more fat people who are just fat because they allowed to let themselves get that way than have actual medical reasons behind it they may now suffer from a host of things but it was a result of their adisposity not the impetous.

I also fully admit I have ragged on so called fatties but I think like others its differant when there is no personal connection as I said with my fiend I would never think of saying anything bad about him because I love him like a brother but I have looked him straight in the eye and told him he was gonna die. So it is what it is.

As for these people encroaching on the 1 ton mark if you have ever read or seen documentaries on them you will see excessive enabling from usually their fat spouse or their parents.

I read about one of those morbidly obese people closing in on the big 1 T mark and he had a web site and he offered veiwers of the site a chance to come over and veiw him if they brought him a meal so yeah when you see the really circus side show types they are definately at least partially victoms of enablers.

Damn, I didn’t think the top of someone’s foot could hold that much fat!

I agree that there must be some medical issue that helped get him to that point, along with over-eating and laziness.

If someone realy wanted to help him, they should stay away from him and let him be taken care of by someone who isn’t going to feed him tons of food everyday.

Once his weight is down to where he can walk, make his ass walk to his food every day. Then start putting his food up some stairs so he has to climb to eat.

That should give him a start.

[quote]BigPaul wrote:

So, how do you help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves. What can I do? Anyone got any ideas?

Food for thought: How much life insurance would this guy need to support his kids clear through college were he to drop dead tomorrow?

Knowing how much more premiums are for the obese, I doubt that most any person could afford the required policy. I would imagine that it costs a hell of a lot less per month to pay a personal trainer and get some of those pre-made meals delivered every day or buy the frozen diet meals.

The only person that I personally know who has gone from obese to near normal in body composition did so because her doctor told her that she would not carry a pregnancy to term without loosing a couple hundred pounds. I think it takes something that is just that important to a person to make such significant life changes. If this fellow has any daughters I don’t doubt that he would like to be around to give them away at their wedding.[/quote]

I agree with you that for some people it’s going to take a dramatic life altering event to make a change. Like your friend not being able to carry a child to full term. And the thing that sucks with his situation is his blood pressure is fine and his cholesterol believe it or not is fine too. So, because those two things are in check, he thinks he’s ok for the time being. But he’s having problems with his ankles, the veins in his legs are literally bursting through his skin and yet he blames it all on the fact that he stands all day at his job. It’s ridiculous.

And like I said, he’s a very stubborn person so you can’t tell him anything he doesn’t already know. Damn, i’m getting frustrated just thinking about it!

You guys just assume someone is feeding him - like a friend or caretaker. But you gotta remember, you can order almost anything in - especially if you are willing to pay for it. Pizza is just the beginning. No one is necessarily doing this to him, he could be doing it to himself from his phone.

[quote]Sniper99 wrote:
You guys just assume someone is feeding him - like a friend or caretaker. But you gotta remember, you can order almost anything in - especially if you are willing to pay for it. Pizza is just the beginning. No one is necessarily doing this to him, he could be doing it to himself from his phone.[/quote]

With what money? I doubt he rides his bike to work.

I just read the article, which says his heart is “fine”. Yes, it’s fine with him SITTING in bed for days, weeks, months on end, but what would it do if he got up and did a light jog around the block? Or they cut open his doorway and he walked 60 feet to the driveway? My educated guess would be a bad outcome. The workload on the heart would be unusually, extremely, beyond normal human limits, high. I never like when the media or medical experts or whomever make these kinds of statements/misquotes/out of context quotes, or whatever. It gives some people a false sense of security. (sorry I’m on my soapbox again, lately I’m living on my soapbox, I think it’s a phase of some kind).

If I ruled the world, aside from all t-men being required to walk around in BB trunks all day (even to work), pedicures being free of charge and women having all the jewelry they want free of charge, I would create 1. Grants for free Gastric Bypass surgery available to all obese persons, not just ones on Medicaid, 2. Anyone in the Public could refer any obese person’s name/address to Public Health Nursing for services, 3. Expanded resources for Public Health Nursing and Healthcare Providers and Facilities for Obesity counselling, services and follow up, and 4. More public service media/tv commercials, etc. about Obesity. The key would be Early Intervention. And also Education-- I think there are many people who still aren’t aware how dangerous it can be. I know a lot of docs and Pediatricians are starting to intervene, but it’s not enough. The Government needs to create many more resources. Obesity is a definite killer.

[quote]GT625 wrote:
He should start cutting, NOW![/quote]

He should bulk to 1401 lbs just to set the Guiness record then worry about cutting.

Saddest part is that if this fat fuck were in America I’d be paying taxes and medicare to support his “disability”. Fuckin America…

[quote]GaMeOvEr305 wrote:
Sniper99 wrote:
You guys just assume someone is feeding him - like a friend or caretaker. But you gotta remember, you can order almost anything in - especially if you are willing to pay for it. Pizza is just the beginning. No one is necessarily doing this to him, he could be doing it to himself from his phone.

With what money? I doubt he rides his bike to work.[/quote]

Perhaps he is a reclusive billionaire.

This could be Bill Gates if he is not careful.

God Help Him

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
God Help Him[/quote]

This guy needs more than God… he needs Richard Simmons!

That’s a good sentiment, Chinadoll, but gastric bypass surgery is not the answer. Of the 10 or 11 people I know who have had it,(lots of fat ppl in Texas), only one or two have managed to keep the weight off. My ex was a nurse in the bariatric ward, and she said about 50% give or take, gain the weight back after a short period of a healthy bodyweight.

He needs to bulk.

just under 10% body fat.

Inside every skinny person, there’s a fat person trying to get out.

|/ 3Toes

[quote]The3toedSloth wrote:
Inside every skinny person, there’s a fat person trying to get out.

|/ 3Toes[/quote]

That brings up a quote from Fat Bastard " Get In My Belly!" There maybe 2 or 3 skinny people in there. Theres a skinny person inside of me trying to get out, but I keep him in line by watching alot of TV and feeding him massive amounts of Chocolate and Pringles.

Seriously, if this guy gets his sergery will he change his lifestyle? Maybe for a while. I think he would have more success if he were just to do some arm rotations or something. Him getting up and moving, would be like someone who isn’t training and putting 1000 pounds on them. You may ask them to move, but I bet they will hurt themselves in the process.

It took him years to get that way. I think it is foolish to think that there would be an instant solution. How is he going to fly to Italy anyway? In a cargo plane?

Me Solomon Grundy

[quote]Solomon Grundy wrote:
How is he going to fly to Italy anyway? In a cargo plane?[/quote]

The movie Dumbo Drop comes to mind…

Am I the only fat guy losing the weight, and feel that fat fucks like this or anyone getting to the point of not being able to move should be shot and fed to the starving ppl around the world?

I bet he hasn’t seen his dick in like 10 years.

iwanna know two things:

1. is that dirt on the bottom of his gut?
  2. wheres his left leg?

This reminds me of a story I heard a while back about an extremely obese woman. She went to the ER with really bad chest pains and thought she was having a heart attack. After undressing her and checking her out, they found a rotting pickle underneath one of her extremely large breasts. The rotting was the cause of her pain…can we say ewwwwwwww!!!