1200 Club

okay, for football at our high school, we have this thing called the 1200 Club. common sense i would assume considering the type on this site, but it’s the sum of our four core lifts.

Bench Press
Squat
Deadlift
Power Clean

If it’s over 1200 lbs., you’re in. Civil accomplishment for some, but for HS kids, it’s a milestone. So, who here would make it and with what numbers?

I’m 15lbs. short, until next week atleast.

BP - 220
SQ - 300
DL - 435
PC - 230

Wow, I like this alot better than the crap they do at my school.

BP-230
SQ-370
DL-445
PC-240
Total-1285

Probably not too great for a senior LB/FB
but I try

lol with 4 lifts, i think alot of ppl would
right now im in highschool and i have 1200 even:
BP-265
SQ-315
DL-415 (r u talking hex bar cuz for that im 465)
PC-210 with a full sqaut to get under it

thats not a big feat at all, I would make that list without the power clean.

I would say about 1400lbs is good for the big 3.

Those are some good lifts though for your age, but again high school lifts are bullshit imo especailly for the football team-no offense to you-

Yet almost every football player I have met had the WORST technique ever, quarter squats, bouncing bench with spotter assistance, and ridiculously ugly power cleans.

Well usually totals around here comes in only bench/squat/deadlift, but whatever…

Bench- 220lb (paused)
Squat- 450lb (Legal IPF Depth)
Deadlift- 430lb (Conventional)
Total 1100

Age 17 181lb

LOLLLLL

High School Stats:
Bench- 240lb (Bounced)
Squat- 550lb (LEGAL COACH DEPTH)
Deadlift- 490lb (Hex Bar)
Power Clean- 240lb

Total 1520

[quote]shizen wrote:
thats not a big feat at all, I would make that list without the power clean.

I would say about 1400lbs is good for the big 3.

Those are some good lifts though for your age, but again high school lifts are bullshit imo especailly for the football team-no offense to you-

Yet almost every football player I have met had the WORST technique ever, quarter squats, bouncing bench with spotter assistance, and ridiculously ugly power cleans. [/quote]

guess i’m a rare animal. i usually get stuck teaching freshmen how to powerclean

damm u matso, weak ass bench, but u blow me away in ur other shit, raw?

[quote]shizen wrote:
Yet almost every football player I have met had the WORST technique ever, quarter squats, bouncing bench with spotter assistance, and ridiculously ugly power cleans. [/quote]

very true, I lift by myself in the basement, learned technique from sites like this, am glad I did because whenever I go to school to lift I almost start laughing even though I am sure I don’t have great form either. The funniest thing I think is how all the kids at school do powercleans, they move their feet like they are doing exagerated jumping jacks many end up almost doing the splits when they catch the bar.

[quote]bignate wrote:
damm u matso, weak ass bench, but u blow me away in ur other shit, raw?[/quote]

Yea, i know i have a 490lb Squat with Convict Knee wraps, i am yet to put on my power pants with knee wraps and belts to test out my not so raw max, i expect it to be in the low 5’s…

My bench sucks balls, but sheiko is helping me along the way.

[quote]JD4520 wrote:
shizen wrote:
Yet almost every football player I have met had the WORST technique ever, quarter squats, bouncing bench with spotter assistance, and ridiculously ugly power cleans.

very true, I lift by myself in the basement, learned technique from sites like this, am glad I did because whenever I go to school to lift I almost start laughing even though I am sure I don’t have great form either. The funniest thing I think is how all the kids at school do powercleans, they move their feet like they are doing exagerated jumping jacks many end up almost doing the splits when they catch the bar.[/quote]

you must go to my school

[quote]matso1236 wrote:
Well usually totals around here comes in only bench/squat/deadlift, but whatever…

Bench- 220lb (paused)
Squat- 450lb (Legal IPF Depth)
Deadlift- 430lb (Conventional)
Total 1100

Age 17 181lb

LOLLLLL

High School Stats:
Bench- 240lb (Bounced)
Squat- 550lb (LEGAL COACH DEPTH)
Deadlift- 490lb (Hex Bar)
Power Clean- 240lb

Total 1520

[/quote]

Your squat is 20 lbs higher than your deadlift? Do you have stumps for legs? And you power clean as much as you bench with a bounce? These numbers seem very odd to me.

[quote]PlayoffsOrBust wrote:
JD4520 wrote:
shizen wrote:

very true, I lift by myself in the basement, learned technique from sites like this, am glad I did because whenever I go to school to lift I almost start laughing even though I am sure I don’t have great form either. The funniest thing I think is how all the kids at school do powercleans, they move their feet like they are doing exagerated jumping jacks many end up almost doing the splits when they catch the bar.

you must go to my school
[/quote]

I wish I went to school with someone that actually knew how to lift, then I could lift there instead of looking around in amazement at all the dumbasses

[quote]chitown34 wrote:

Your squat is 20 lbs higher than your deadlift? Do you have stumps for legs? And you power clean as much as you bench with a bounce? These numbers seem very odd to me.
[/quote]

Hey man, i was started into training by squatting, and always have loved them more then all the others, therefore my numbers are bigger, nothing more, nothing less. I’m sure i can deadlift a little more but the day i went for max i missed 460lb(my goal) and there was no way i was maxing again before my sheiko cycle…

I don’t understand what you mean by bounced bench, to be real the bounced bench was made as a joke, i cant bounce with an arch, i lose tightness therefore i may actually bench less if i bounce. I don’t understand, i don’t think a 240lb power clean is a lot at all.

[quote]matso1236 wrote:
chitown34 wrote:

Hey man, i was started into training by squatting, and always have loved them more then all the others, therefore my numbers are bigger, nothing more, nothing less. I’m sure i can deadlift a little more but the day i went for max i missed 460lb(my goal) and there was no way i was maxing again before my sheiko cycle…

I don’t understand what you mean by bounced bench, to be real the bounced bench was made as a joke, i cant bounce with an arch, i lose tightness therefore i may actually bench less if i bounce. I don’t understand, i don’t think a 240lb power clean is a lot at all. [/quote]

My bad, you wrote (bounced) after the 240 bp but I didn’t you were kidding. I guess my clean just sucks, My max bp is 285 but last time I tried to max clean I only got up to 225. When I’m done with current program I’ll be sure to hit the cleans hard =)

God damn you guys all kick my ass to pluto and back.

Started 3 months ago:

This is for sets of 5

squat: 240
Bench press: 185
Dl: 240
Power clean: 135

Total: 800

What is a hex bar?

We used to do “clubs” when I was in HS. But ours was Bp+Sq+Pc-bodyweight.

[quote]blazindave wrote:

Started 3 months ago:

This is for sets of 5

What is a hex bar?[/quote]

Like a trap bar, you stand inside the bar while you lift it.

[quote]blazindave wrote:

Started 3 months ago:

This is for sets of 5

What is a hex bar?[/quote]

wtf you have been lifting for 3 months and can almost bench 200lbs? Thats pretty good, how much do you weigh?

Here’s my breakdown (the bench and squat are conservative raw maxes)

SQ - 210kg
Bench - 150kg
Deadlift - 240kg
Powerclean - 120kg

3 lift total - 600kg/1325lb
4 lift total - 720kg/1590lb

[quote]shizen wrote:
blazindave wrote:

Started 3 months ago:

This is for sets of 5

What is a hex bar?

wtf you have been lifting for 3 months and can almost bench 200lbs? Thats pretty good, how much do you weigh? [/quote]

I’m 20. 5 foot 3 and about 140 pounds.