12 Week Super Program

Just wanted to see what anyone thinks about this program:

12 Week Super Program:

3 Weeks (I): 100 leg preses, 50 leg ext., 50 leg curls. (6 days a week) Load stays the same
5 days off (light jogging)
3 Weeks (II): 100 crunches, 50 chins/pullsdowns, 50 upright rows. (6 days a week) Load stays the same
3 Weeks (III): 100 pushups/presses, 50 bi curls, 50 tri presses. (6 days a week) Load stays the same

Repeat program with increase in load.

Diet: Anabolic eating. (60%fat, 30%protein, 10%carbs) on day seven, carb load (60%carbs, 30%protein, 10%fat)

After two cycles (24 weeks), go on Velocity Lite Diet. (Protein shake for breakfast, big lunch, protein shake for dinner)

During cutting cycle, workout twice a week [Chest Press, Pull down, Leg Press]. Very heavy, very low reps

I would get bored of doing 3 weeks of 100 crunches, 50 chins/pulldowns, and 50 upright rows 6 days a week every quickly.

There are much better programs available on this site.

Go to the beginner’s forum to ask this questions and read more.

!?

@ MEYMZ

Not to be offensive, but why would I post a program like this on a beginner forum. This program would be a terrible choice for a beginner. In fact, because of the specialization suggested in the program, I would never suggest that a beginner do anything like this. It would be waaaay more useful to put a beginner on a 3 day a week, full body program.

If you have something to contribute, I’ll listen to you. If you just feel like blowing a program off without thinking about it, just keep it to yourself.

@Fuzzyapple

Boredom could be a legitimate problem, it’s true. I’m not sure if there is anyway I could alter it to make up for that. I’d be afraid that I’d sacrifice intensity for variety, and I don’t think that would be a good trade.

@Cephalic_Carnage and ACTrain

I assume you both seem to think this is a poor program, but what would be helpful is giving me some good reasons WHY it is a poor program. This program is largely born out of working is some pretty typical Chad W. routines, especially his 25 rep plan. There is no doubt that the volume seems a bit brutal, maybe even foolishly so, and most bodybuilders would be quick to suggest that I’m basically diving straight into overtraining, but if you manage the load in these exercises carefully and try not to push too much weight for the rep plan, I think this program could surprise people at how much growth it could possibly stimulate.

Are you serious?

1. There is absolutely no way in hell you would be able to stick to that schedule.

2. Overtraining wouldn’t be severe enough of a condition to describe what would happen to you… probably something more like rhabdomyolysis.

Instead of looking for a gimmicky super-program, pick a good solid beginner’s program and bust your ass on it for a year. Then come back and try again. Effort trumps design every time.

I was thinking of getting Arnold’s Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding, and on week 1, do the first exercise in the book every day.

Then the second week, switch to the second exercise in the book.

And so on, till I’ve finished the Encyclopedia. Then I will have done every exercise and I will be huge!

What do you think?

Would I be overtraining?

We need a “troll” -subforum.

Alright, alright. Forget it. I’m not going to argue a point to death that clearly no one is willing to be open minded about.

@ Professor Chaos

Overtaining is highly overrated. There are more than a few examples of individuals who have built powerful bodies with rep programs far more exhausting that what I’m talking about. Once again, reference Chad W., an accepted expert on these very forums. (100 pushups/50 chins six days a week for three weeks isn’t even my original idea. Check the author section of this website and see how Chad W. is more than happy to insist that such a program will encourage big growth in little time.)

You also seem to be assuming that I’m a beginner with no experience. That is not that case, I simply am interested in trying unconventional training programs. I would think that the reintroduction of kettlebell training and high rep ballistic training would at least get a few people interested in trying some new and counter traditional programs.

@ Bill Roberts

As far as rotating body parts with a huge break inbetween, spend a little time with Mike Mentzer’s work and then maybe check how loudly you laugh at such an idea. Granted, Mentzer would never approve of the volume I’m suggesting, but he certainly loved to leave a body part resting for long stretches of time.

Anyway, I’m done defending this program. I posted it to get thoughtful and critical feedback, not thoughtless bashing.

Well, in my last communication with Mike Mentzer he threatened to have me kneecapped, and I have other reasons besides that to consider him to have been mentally unstable; and so far as spending time with his “work,” I’m afraid it was long since used to line my birdcages.

If you want a serious answer on your proposed program: abandon it completely and adopt something else. Pretty much ANYTHING else would be an improvement.

What’s it trying to achieve?

And why is it super?

Not a big Waterbury fan, but I’m sure even he wouldn’t advocate leg presses, leg extensions, and leg curls as the exercise choices on leg days.

[quote]testup wrote:
@ MEYMZ

Not to be offensive, but why would I post a program like this on a beginner forum. This program would be a terrible choice for a beginner. In fact, because of the specialization suggested in the program, I would never suggest that a beginner do anything like this. It would be waaaay more useful to put a beginner on a 3 day a week, full body program.

If you have something to contribute, I’ll listen to you. If you just feel like blowing a program off without thinking about it, just keep it to yourself.

[/quote]

I just don’t feel like arguing with you, when you train and accomplish more you’ll know what I was saying.

Edit: ok go to the T-Cell and get some ideas about how the big guys train.

@trm91

Assuming your question is legitimate, what I’m trying to achieve is a 24 week cycle of training aimed at trying to force as much volume into a group of muscles as is physically possible and then give that muscle group almost a 2 month break to recover from all that volume. As far as the program being “super”, I was just being an ass by labeling it that way. I find such labels funny, so I’m being a bit sarcastic.
The reason I designed the workout is my interest in testing just how much volume a body part can take. I work limited muscle groups at a time because overall recovery could NEVER handle a full body workout with that kind of volume.

@Bill Roberts

Whatever you may think about Mentzer’s mental health, to suggest that his work should be used to line a birdcage shows a level of arrogance that I can’t even comprehend. When you’ve achieved as much as Mentzer has, I think only then can you stand in judgment of him.

@canes1531

You’re right. My leg program is really not ideal, but those were the only exercises I could think of that would be safe enough to do at super-high volume. If someone’s body is going to give out, I want it to give out in a machine with a LOT of safeties in place rather than with free weights that might end up flying all over and hurting someone.

try the program for 3 months and post your results.

if it fails then you wasted three months and you learned something, if it works then come back and tell everyone they were wrong and you win.

win win situation here.

Stop

Arguing

With

Him

Is

Looking

For

Attention.

That is the worst program I’ve ever see someone write.

I’m just… I… wow.

thats not the Velocity Diet…