T Nation

12 Week Program

First off I would like to say this is a tremendous site, with many great people, I have learned so much here I wish I was on here more religiously back in the day when i was playing football... 

Anyways after a succesful football season overseas I came back crippled I had torn my left knee and needed ACL surgery. Its been 14 weeks post op and Iam finally running again. Now to my training with the help of my good friend Ruslan Kedik who is a contributer to this site. We set out some goals that I wanted to accomplish.

The first month we determined to start eating clean without the help of our great authors i really wouldnt know how to eat like a caveman. We didnt emphasize too much on fat loss but more on getting strong and preparing for the long haul. The heavy lifting has started alongside a clean diet.

First, I will post my diet for anyone to critique. Please and thank you! I will put up my first photo from Jan 07 and the Feb one i took last night eventhough there is not that much of a difference I feel like i have lost some fat and gained alot of strenght. The next 2 months will have 4-5 times a week Interval cardio HIIT so it should be nice to see how the progress is happenig.

DIET
7am - shake protein scoops 3 with banana and frozen wild berries/straw
2 fish oil
1 CLA

9am - shake again same thing with extra fruit

11am - some form of protein either chicken/ turkey / tuna with salad and or veggies
2 Fish oil
1 CLA
piece of fruit

1pm - (same) some form of protein either chicken/ turkey / tuna with salad and or veggies
2 Fish oil
1 CLA
piece of fruit

3pm (same) some form of protein either chicken/ turkey / tuna with salad and or veggies
2 Fish oil
1 CLA
piece of fruit

5pm - somehting light before i go to the gym

Post workout Shake and big meal with my starchy carbs usually potatoes or rice and good source of protein usually chicken
2 fish
2 CLA

8pm - cottage cheese / or can of tuna

10pm usually some nuts with green tea

that is pretty much it for now

I eat fruits with everything also one serving of starchy carbs after workout

Any advice, and or help would be appreciated

Thanks
Krzysiek

You expect to get stronger eating like that? Good luck, fruit and veggie boy.

Iam trying to get lean, i want to cut my fat % dramatically, Iam not that worried about getting jacked, I just want to look cut, Iam training heavy and eating not too many starchy carbs is anything missing from my diet?

[quote]Roy wrote:
You expect to get stronger eating like that? Good luck, fruit and veggie boy.[/quote]

What the hell is wrong with you? Since when was eating alot of fruits and veggies a bad thing?

He never mentioned serving portions, he could be eating 5000 cals for all we know.

To the OP… Good job so far. What are your stats?

Also, since you’re dieting, do you count calories? Like I said above, you didnt mention portion size, so, giving a more accurate presentation of your diet will help us determine whether you’re in the right direction or not.

Iam 6’3 . 220 right now I couldnt tell u my body fat but i figure its around 14-16% maybe more

I have a good size of protein with each meal, so iam eating say a full chicken breast or enough turkey, or tuna to represent around 50 grams of protein with every meal, my only carbs are simple from furit until i get home from my workout where i have all my starchy carbs and my big protein fill.