I'm 20 Years old. I weigh 200 pounds, and I'm 5'8". I'm like every other chump who wants to slim down and eventually put muscle on.
I'll give a quick update on myself before I look for a critique on my plans:
- Since September, I've lost about 15 pounds.
- I've been an on and off routine kind of guy. 6 Weeks strong. 4 weeks off. New plan, and back to the gym to repeat the process over.
- My eating habits range from good to mediocre.
- I lost those 15 pounds through a 50/50 split of Cardio and Weight training. I expect I'd have lost more had I been eating better throughout that time period. I used a lot of personal excuses in that time period, and I shouldn't have.
Anyway, the idea is that for the next 12 weeks I want to eat clean, cut down my carbs and up my protein, and destroy fat through moderate to intense cardio (coupled with some weight training). I realize that this is mostly a weight training board, but my goal is to eventually step up to that, but I feel I need to focus on my weakest area... My general fatness.
So here is my plan:
1. Lower Body Weight Training (this would include Squats, Leg Presses, Abs, etc).
2. 40 Minutes of cardio (Elliptical, Bike, Stairclimber, etc).
3. Interval Training for 20 minutes (30 seconds of sprinting, 4 minutes of walking).
1. Upper Body Weight Training (this would include curls, pulldowns, chest press, etc).
2. 50 minutes of cardio (Same exercises as previous cardio list).
3. Circuit training (run through 3 exercises, decreasing reps in one exercise until that exercise reaches zero while increasing one rep in each of the other exercises until the first exericse reaches 0).
Rest Day, but I would use this more as a day to get out and just walk around the neighbourhood, or go for a relaxed bike ride.
1. Lower Body Weight Training.
2. 50 Minutes of Cardio.
3. Circuit training.
1. Upper Body Weight Training.
2. 40 Minutes of Cardio.
3. Interval Sprints.
NOTE: When I say weight training, on any given day, I'll probably only do 3-5 exercises, while trying not to do the same exercise more than once a week).
As for my diet, I already outlined that above, but I'll be eating between 2000 and 2200 calories.
Once I was done of the 12 Week Program, I was going to re-evaluate the program and cut cardio and add weights as I see fit. Obviously after 12 weeks, I won't be down to 160, but I should be one step closer to that goal.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!