12 Week Diet Program Help

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I’m 23 years old 6’2 222 pounds 14-15% bf. I’ve been training for 6 years. I’ve read every article on this site basically. So what I’m trying to do is get down to 7%bf as fast as possible. I have unlimited time and access to the gym. I am self employed so i have as much time as needed to be in the gym.

My question is this; because i have all the time in the world to go to the gym, will i get better results with twice a day training? Or extra cardio etc. Or will this just lead to overtraining while dieting? Should i just stick to a regular routine like ABBH? I would like some feedback on what others have done to get in the best shape of their lives.

Diet wise I am completely fine. usually eat massive eating style. So please comment on different training approaches that i can use. Thanks

So based on your closing statements, you don’t need a diet after all (as opposed to the name of this post). You mean leaning-out phase, right?

With patience, fat loss shouldn’t be too much of a problem but a drop to 7% may be hastey - especially with training alone - unless you take at least three months.

I have found that brisk 45-60 minute walks (light jog intervals) before breakfast, coupled with afternoon heavy weight sessions works well. With time, 30 minutes additional (moderate pace) t-mill walking after the weights can ramp up fat loss further. This takes advantage of your open schedule and the morning stuff doesn’t add much to overtraining risk.

If you are trying to drop BF% then I would probably change the Massive Eating style. That type of eating approach is geared more towards packing on some weight. Check out some of Berardi’s other articles on nutrition. I actually think he has one titled “Lean Eating” That would be right up your alley for the goal in mind. Hope this will help.

[quote]Timberwolf396 wrote:
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I’m 23 years old 6’2 222 pounds 14-15% bf. I’ve been training for 6 years. I’ve read every article on this site basically. So what I’m trying to do is get down to 7%bf as fast as possible. I have unlimited time and access to the gym. I am self employed so i have as much time as needed to be in the gym.

My question is this; because i have all the time in the world to go to the gym, will i get better results with twice a day training? Or extra cardio etc. Or will this just lead to overtraining while dieting? Should i just stick to a regular routine like ABBH? I would like some feedback on what others have done to get in the best shape of their lives.

Diet wise I am completely fine. usually eat massive eating style. So please comment on different training approaches that i can use. Thanks[/quote]

If your meaning to use that extra gym session for the purpose of burning more calories I definitly wouldn’t go about it that way.I think you’d be better off following the advice Dr. Lowry losted above.Resistance training during a reduced calorie diet as CT had said so many times is primarly to maintain(and sometimes even gain) LBM…not fat.Thats what the diet and “cardio” is for.

Thank you for the replies i appreciate it. Ok so here’s my plan. ABBH 4x per week. morning walks for 1 hour every day at 3.5mph with 2% incline. What i meant when i said massive eating was carbs and protein meals, and protein fat meals. I’m going to eat around 2500 calories a day. How does this sound? Any other suggestions?