T Nation

12 Months After Surgery...

I am 12 months out from complex knee surgery, and 10 months into serious weight training and clean disciplined eating. Prior to that I was a triathlete for years.

I follow a 4 day on 1 day off weight training regimen with moderate cardio in the morning. I have put on 14 pounds in 10 months while lowering my body fat significantly. My goal now is to lower my bodyfat for summer (get the six pack showing instead of the keg) and show off some of my newly earned muscle.

Thanks for your comments, I love reading the posts here and learn so much. I would like to hear any feedback you have on how to continue to improve my physique. Sorry for the quality of the photos…

another pic

another

2 months later, first day of the velocity diet

2 months later, back double bicep

don’t jizz on the mirror before you take the photos.

Hope your knee is better. . .

your back is too lean need lat work and upper chest. . .

Keep is going dude

great work after the op. man i know how that feels though.keep up the work and post with progress.

I came across this picture and had to share it, even though it turns my stomach. This was June 2006, after my knee surgery last year. I had to keep my leg straight for 2 months and couldn’t do diddily-squat for workouts. This was definitely the low point.

When I saw this picture I knew I had to hit the gym seriously. This was the turning point for me. I love the progress I have made in a year – I can’t wait to see the improvement continue. I used to run and compete in triathalons and lots of other sports, I can no longer run but I can lift, so I’ll do what I can and just keep sticking with it.