T Nation

12 Days Out From First Show Ever

Christian Thibeaudeau wrote this article on what to do for the last week… I don’t think it’s perfect but if you don’t have a prep coach and aren’t sure what to do, it’s definitely worth a look.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

Christian Thibeaudeau wrote this article on what to do for the last week… I don’t think it’s perfect but if you don’t have a prep coach and aren’t sure what to do, it’s definitely worth a look.[/quote]

I would have to suggest against this above. I have personally tried this protocol 3 times and it does not deliver great results.

Continue whatever you have been doing up to this point. Maybe increase the intensity (not duration) of your cardio all the way up to Thursday. Friday, do a slow carb up and posing. You should have all your food and water intake planned out already. Good luck!

How is it going? Hold on tight, it’s all mental now. You have done all the hardwork already. Just stick to your plan.

Good luck!

Too bostivan. Your tight,no fat at all!!Are you a junior and what competition are you entering. I was a junior competitor in 1978-88.You look good and natural,that’s a plus!! goodluck my young friend johnny

No game for me. Sometimes shit happens and life gets in the way. There are still a couple of shows in the next few weeks (2 of them being INBA abroad) so I’ll bring up my carbs then hit full throttle again in about a week or two.

Confused… mind sharing what happened?

What happened?

Had some bills to pay (they got accumulated) and then couldn’t buy the color (50 euros), the trunks (55 euros) and and fee for competiton itself was 50 euros.

There’s another show on Saturday. I’m going for sure.

Find a way to scrape up the money, beg steal borrow, lol.

You are in great condition, you won’t regret doing the show, trust me.

Sent in my application for the show on Saturday. I’m picking up posing trunks and Jan Tana stuff tomorrow. Any tips on how to put the color on in the best possible way?

Good luck man

[quote]BostjanBavcon wrote:
Sent in my application for the show on Saturday. I’m picking up posing trunks and Jan Tana stuff tomorrow. Any tips on how to put the color on in the best possible way?[/quote]

Is it one that dyes your skin, and should be applied in coats in advance, or is it an oil based option that goes on the day of?

S

Ultra 1 Color by Jan Tana.

From what I’ve heard, it goes on like a darker version of ProTan. This being the case, I would recommend applying several coats the day before your contest, giving yourself enough time in between each to dry, and set in. It’s going to dye your skin a bit, so understand that it will be at least a week before you’re completely fake-tan-free.

Also, some people will use just this product with enough applications to get really dark, others will use it as a base, and then either get sprayed tanned the day of, or even use something like dreamtan an hour before going onstage.

S

Ultra 1 does go on darker than Pro Tan and the regular Jan Tana. It will still probably take several coats to get dark enough. I would definitely start applying the day before the show and save the morning of for a final coat/touch ups. I’ve experimented with a few products and they all seem to take forever to dry too so it is a process.

These are all pretty standard things…

Exfoliating and moisturizing the week before the show will help the tan go on better and the leftover tan should fade more evenly if your skin is in good condition. (But don’t do this right before you apply)

The products that the tanning companies sells are formulated to work with the tanner so they’re probably the best things to use. But I was told that Dial soap, St. Ives apricot scrub, and an oil free moisturizer will work fine too.

Get any shaving (body) out of the way the day before you apply the tan.

There should be nothing on your skin when you apply the tanner (no moisturizers, no deodorant, etc).

For the most part the tanner will wash out of fabric, but I would avoid touching anything you don’t want stained and stick with loose dark clothes, towels, and sheets if you can.

Conditioning looks pretty insane btw. Good luck!

Big thanks.

Bought the trunks and color today.

Fat? hello no! You are ripped as hell, have good shape and thick quads. You look damn good.

You’ve got a great physique, and you’re ready to show it. Stu is giving you great advice to really bring the package together in the rear poses. Best of luck!

Finished 4th out of 9 people. I was the last one called foe the first call out that was mega crazy for me. Had a blast doing the show. I could have done better with carb intake tough. Pics later. Thanks to everyone for the tips. Now its time to build mass. Ill probably do it for the whole year.