112 Lb Bulk!

[quote]k1t0r5 wrote:
I will second what Nate Dogg said. He looked MUCH better in the first pic. He basically spent 9 months turning himself into a fat fuck.

It doesn’t look like even 1/4 of that weight gained was muscle. Look at his legs in the bulked up pic. They are about the same size as they were in his before shot. I can guarantee that he could have easily gained the same 20 or so lbs of muscle in the same time period without the 90+ lbs of fat. He also wouldn’t have had to go through a cutting phase and lose all the muscle he gained.

I think this is a prime example of why the bulking and cutting strategy DOES NOT WORK! It is the most retarded thing in the world.

Every winter, thousands of weight lifters stuff everything they can down their throats and become fat while gaining no more muscle than they would have if they simply focused on eating just enough and training hard.

Then when spring rolls around they desperately try to lose the fat, which most of them fail miserably at. They end up losing all the muscle they gained while never even getting anywhere close to a six pack. This puts them right back where they started at the end of every summer, no bigger than they were the previous year.

I don’t even train for bodybuilding goals and I’ve done a better job at hypertrophy and gaining muscle mass than 90% of the people I see online who bulk and cut. In January I weighed 170 at 12% bodyfat. I decided I wanted to tryout for my college football team and started training simply to get stronger and faster. All the while I knew I needed to gain some weight so I ate about 250 excess calories everyday. Now I weigh 199 at 13% bodyfat. Hmmm, that’s 24 lbs of muscle gained and only 5 lbs of fat gained in 10 months. Keep in mind, I wasn’t even training with body composition goals in mind. I can easily provide photos for those who don’t believe me.

How many people do you know who took a bulk and cut strategy and ended up with that much more muscle at about the same bodyfat after all was said and done? You may know a few, but I know for certain that you know alot more who saw little to no progress.

Am I just trying to brag on the internet or say I’m some genetic freak? No. And no. I’m simply using this example to show you that force feeding massive amounts of food down your throat in no way leads to more muscle gain. All it does is turn you into a fatass and ultimately causes you to lose most of that muscle while you try to lose all the fat.[/quote]

I took the bulk and cut strategy and put on more muscle than you, but then again I started at 200lbs. I gained alot of fat but I also put 585 on my powerlifting total and thats with a recent injury that made even body weight squats painfull and a 405 deadlift hurt.

Just thought I would counter your “bulking and cutting are retarted” post.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
I took the bulk and cut strategy and put on more muscle than you, but then again I started at 200lbs. I gained alot of fat but I also put 585 on my powerlifting total and thats with a recent injury that made even body weight squats painfull and a 405 deadlift hurt.

[/quote]

First of all, in response to your other post, he didn’t put on 50-60lbs of muscle. Not unless he was using AAS. Refer to CT’s article about bulking (I think it’s called The Truth About Bulking) if you don’t believe me.

In response to you gaining more muscle than me, congrats. How long of a time period was it? What was your weight and bodyfat percentage before and after? Did you cut back down to your original bodyfat percentage to see what your true net muscle gain was?

I most definitely wasn’t saying people can’t gain muscle while bulking. My point was that they gain so much fat while doing so that they end up losing most of that muscle gain while cutting. It is much more efficient and gains are more easily kept if weight is put on slowly while keeping bodyfat percentage fairly close to what you started with. That doesn’t mean you have to keep a six pack year round, but it does mean you should avoid ending up as fat as this guy at all costs.

Yes pros sometimes bulk up like that. But they are on boatloads of AAS while bulking and on boatloads more while cutting so that they keep their gains. Everything I’m talking about is in reference to a natural trainee.

This all brings up memories of the thread on here called How To Dirty Bulk. Refer to that thread to see someone who thought he gained a ton of muscle but really turned himself into a tub of lard.

Again, I think his biggest mistake was not lifting post-bulk. If he’d done that and tightened up his calories he would have kept most if not all of that muscle.

His lifting stats aren’t anything to sneeze at, either. 365 x 8 bench press isn’t too shabby.

Now that I took the time to read his thread, I see that he was on test e 1000mg/week for 12 weeks. That makes all the difference in the world and I can’t believe you didn’t mention that. It also explains why he shrank so much, he must have had a huge amount of water weight from the cycle.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
WOW, Im sorry for posting this,

Some of you guys are just mentaly ill, he put on 50+lbs of muscle in 9 months and one of you is saying his legs look the same size? WHAT?

He has more muscle there than 99.9999% of people posting here.

Some of you are saying that bulking and cutting dont work? He gained 50-60lbs of muscle in 9 months. It works x10000 its retarded dieting and lack of training that dosent work.

Just wow.[/quote]

You are a fucking ignorant ass. NO WAY IN HELL did he gain 50-60 pounds of muscle in 9 months!!! Go fucking research some more you idiot, your what, 16, and think you know everything when really you know jack shit.

[quote]football061 wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:

Some of you guys are just mentaly ill, he put on 50+lbs of muscle in 9 months and one of you is saying his legs look the same size? WHAT?

Some of you are saying that bulking and cutting dont work? He gained 50-60lbs of muscle in 9 months. It works x10000 its retarded dieting and lack of training that dosent work.

Just wow.

You are a fucking ignorant ass. NO WAY IN HELL did he gain 50-60 pounds of muscle in 9 months!!! Go fucking research some more you idiot, your what, 16, and think you know everything when really you know jack shit.[/quote]

LOL, he did gain 50-60lbs of muscle in 9 months, I do research how do you think I out muscle, and lift you in
1/3 the time of training.

Damn, knowing jackshit sure is effective.

[quote]k1t0r5 wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:

First of all, in response to your other post, he didn’t put on 50-60lbs of muscle. Not unless he was using AAS. Refer to CT’s article about bulking (I think it’s called The Truth About Bulking) if you don’t believe me.

In response to you gaining more muscle than me, congrats. How long of a time period was it? What was your weight and bodyfat percentage before and after? Did you cut back down to your original bodyfat percentage to see what your true net muscle gain was?

I most definitely wasn’t saying people can’t gain muscle while bulking. My point was that they gain so much fat while doing so that they end up losing most of that muscle gain while cutting. It is much more efficient and gains are more easily kept if weight is put on slowly while keeping bodyfat percentage fairly close to what you started with. That doesn’t mean you have to keep a six pack year round, but it does mean you should avoid ending up as fat as this guy at all costs.

Yes pros sometimes bulk up like that. But they are on boatloads of AAS while bulking and on boatloads more while cutting so that they keep their gains. Everything I’m talking about is in reference to a natural trainee.

This all brings up memories of the thread on here called How To Dirty Bulk. Refer to that thread to see someone who thought he gained a ton of muscle but really turned himself into a tub of lard.[/quote]

it was a period of 11-12 months I belive, I gained 65lbs and put 4" on my waist. I have a log full of progress pics.

BTW 1" on my waist is around 4-6lbs. No I didnt cut and am fatter than ever right now.

search for my training log it has pics of me from 200-262 and one of 280 in my profile after I stoped careing about fat and only muscle growth and powerlifting.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
football061 wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:

Just wow.

You are a fucking ignorant ass. NO WAY IN HELL did he gain 50-60 pounds of muscle in 9 months!!! Go fucking research some more you idiot, your what, 16, and think you know everything when really you know jack shit.

LOL, he did gain 50-60lbs of muscle in 9 months, I do research how do you think I out muscle, and lift you in
1/3 the time of training.

Damn, knowing jackshit sure is effective.[/quote]

Being able to type is also quite effective.

[quote]k1t0r5 wrote:
Now that I took the time to read his thread, I see that he was on test e 1000mg/week for 12 weeks. That makes all the difference in the world and I can’t believe you didn’t mention that. It also explains why he shrank so much, he must have had a huge amount of water weight from the cycle.[/quote]

I did read that, but I didnt want to take away from the achievement and its not my place to talk about what he did to gain the weight.

He also went into diet as soon as the cycle ended before he brought up his natural levels. So you can be assured that cost him a a freakish amount of muscle.

I personaly cant think of a better way to lose all his hard work than what he did.

the purpose of the thread was to show how much muscle can be put on in a short ammount of time and how fast it can be lost if the person is a idiot.

Wait… is ubernewb the same guy as Newb?

I just checked your profile picture and thought i recognized that fat tub of lard.

I’m starting to understand why you so vehemently defend the bulk.

(oh and 370 pause bench… puleeeze, by the looks of you, you couldn’t do a single pushup.)

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
The before picture looks far better than all the others![/quote]

Second that.
I consider hardcorebulking for aesthetic purposes foolish.

[quote]GribGrob wrote:

I just checked your profile picture and thought i recognized that fat tub of lard.

(oh and 370 pause bench… puleeeze, by the looks of you, you couldn’t do a single pushup.)[/quote]

Yeah I remember you, fireman taken steroids talkin about 315 shoulder press and shit but never posted pictures.

Its funny 6"6 315 15% bf and no pics? Not only that but when did fireman insult 16 yearolds calling them fat anyway?

crapy video but 330 the bar weighs 40lbs wide grip with a crapy pause. didnt know how to stay tight back then.

Pushpressen 225, not fully locked out because the video isnt very long and I just wanted to get in as many repos as posible.

Hope your acne clears up.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
GribGrob wrote:

(oh and 370 pause bench… puleeeze, by the looks of you, you couldn’t do a single pushup.)

Yeah I remember you, fireman taken steroids talkin about 315 shoulder press and shit but never posted pictures.

Its funny 6"6 315 15% bf and no pics? Not only that but when did fireman insult 16 yearolds calling them fat anyway?

crapy video but 330 the bar weighs 40lbs wide grip with a crapy pause. didnt know how to stay tight back then.

Pushpressen 225, not fully locked out because the video isnt very long and I just wanted to get in as many repos as posible.

[/quote]

Hmm strange stalkerish comment aside (acne wtf?? i don’t even remember what you are referring to but then again it wouldn’t suprise me if you know more about my online activities than i do)

Wow! the clarity of that first video is so great i can almost… see a barbell and a random guy.

As for the push press? more like a leg press with slight lift at top? where’s the top portion of the move? plus it looks more like 60 kilos on the bar LOL!

Oh but wait… your explanation is that those black single plates are probably 1000 pounds each.

What pisses me off about you Newb is you talk as if you are some kind of expert. Plus i ain’t a fireman anymore so i’m legally allowed to insult you again. (ahem)

He looks the best in the 2nd pic. Talk about a HUGE dude.

[quote]GribGrob wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:
GribGrob wrote:

Hmm strange stalkerish comment aside (acne wtf?? i don’t even remember what you are referring to but then again it wouldn’t suprise me if you know more about my online activities than i do)

Wow! the clarity of that first video is so great i can almost… see a barbell and a random guy.

As for the push press? more like a leg press with slight lift at top? where’s the top portion of the move? plus it looks more like 60 kilos on the bar LOL!

Oh but wait… your explanation is that those black single plates are probably 1000 pounds each.

What pisses me off about you Newb is you talk as if you are some kind of expert. Plus i ain’t a fireman anymore so i’m legally allowed to insult you again. (ahem)[/quote]

Actualy I have 4 black 45’s and there were 2 on each side with the push press, the frames cut out part of the press so it looks like I dont take thhem as high. Never the less I can probably get 245x10 locking them out now.

The bench is 3 plates and a ten per side if you dont belive it thats fine. I do have clear videos of 315x6 bench but no way to get it on here. Also 5pps x 5 deadlifts from about 18 weeks ago.

Wait a second, why am I trying to prove my self to you. Your the one talking shit with no pics to back up his claims.

I try to be a expert but I will never be able to match up to your knowledge. I mean once you told me a 5ft5 125lb kid had more muscle than me. Only a expert like you could think that up.

I think your claims are full of shit, no one whos 315 and lifts what you say you do is as stupid as you act.

I have been a defender of eating big to get big and not worrying about gaining some fat to do it, but this guy gained much more fat than is necessary to make optimal muscle gains and then quit lifting while dieting too hard.

To each his own, but this guy did everything that anti eating big people point to to prove guys like me are wrong.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I have been a defender of eating big to get big and not worrying about gaining some fat to do it, but this guy gained much more fat than is necessary to make optimal muscle gains and then quit lifting while dieting too hard.

To each his own, but this guy did everything that anti eating big people point to to prove guys like me are wrong.[/quote]

This is true, I just never thought people would look at that bulk and say “this is why I only gain 1/4th of a lb a week”

Oh well.

This guy clearly has more dedication than 90% of this forum. Making those kinds of body mods takes real effort, chemically enhanced or not. This guy is obviously unafraid to make mistakes, cares little about the opinions of others, and always runs straight toward that which he seeks.

Hopefully we can all learn something from each other’s mistakes, and try to apply this level of intensity in our own pursuits toward excellence.

-Sab

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:

Actualy I have 4 black 45’s and there were 2 on each side with the push press, the frames cut out part of the press so it looks like I dont take thhem as high. Never the less I can probably get 245x10 locking them out now.

The bench is 3 plates and a ten per side if you dont belive it thats fine. I do have clear videos of 315x6 bench but no way to get it on here. Also 5pps x 5 deadlifts from about 18 weeks ago.

Wait a second, why am I trying to prove my self to you. Your the one talking shit with no pics to back up his claims.

I try to be a expert but I will never be able to match up to your knowledge. I mean once you told me a 5ft5 125lb kid had more muscle than me. Only a expert like you could think that up.

I think your claims are full of shit, no one whos 315 and lifts what you say you do is as stupid as you act.[/quote]

OK, i’ll humour you. If you’re one for all the proof then how come the only video that is clear enough to view that you have it not possible to get on here??
How come the two ones that ARE, are extremely blurry and unclear.
I look at that kid from a while back with very low bodyfat and i look at you with an enormous bodyfat. I think he has more muscle…not weighs more… definitely doesn’t have more fat… just more MUSCLE.

I think by looking at the single picture in the profile that i was able to view, you look like the generic offspring of the current obesity epidemic.

How does me being 315 dictate how i should act?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

To each his own, but this guy did everything that anti eating big people point to to prove guys like me are wrong.[/quote]

I agree.

I don’t think that eating a lot of shitty foods and getting fat is effective at all, but a lot of kids these days seriously think that they can add muscle when they barely eat at all. That’s why I think credit should be given to N3wb, some guy here was saying that he couldn’t do a single pushup? Well, his goal is to be as strong as possible, he is insanely strong. His goal is not to be able to do as many pushups as possible, therefore I think bashing him for it is unjustified. I bet very few others had as big lifts as n3wb when they were 16 years old. I think many lifters want to have big lifts, but somehow they just can’t be bothered with the planning, setting goals and kicking ass in the gym. They lack dedication, n3wb definitely has it.