10x3 for Fat Loss Squat Replacement

Planning to start the 10X3 before the x-mas holidays come up and I was curious…

I have a slight tweak in my left knee and seems to be aggravated by squats. Anything I can do besides squats? as this program calls for 2 types of squats.

I think I can do Lunges pain free, but don’t know if I have the weight at home to keep it 10x3

Thanks!!

Wrap it and keep the weight at a level you can handle

[quote]paul_b wrote:
I have a slight tweak in my left knee and seems to be aggravated by squats.[/quote]
What caused it? Did it just pop up overnight or did you injure it somehow? I’d rather address the problem, rather than just Band-aid the symptom. With that said though, 2 Flameout 2-3 times a day would be a great place to start. That should kill any inflammation causing the problem.

[quote]Anything I can do besides squats? as this program calls for 2 types of squats.

I think I can do Lunges pain free, but don’t know if I have the weight at home to keep it 10x3[/quote]

If that’s a pain-free alternative, it should be fine. Reverse lunges, especially, are better for the knees. You can also play around with the tempo and slow it down to get more “bang” out of a lighter weight. I know, I know, that’s decidedly un-Waterburian, but it shouldn’t have a negative effect (ha, no pun intended) on the rest of the session since it’s only one exercise.

Just wondering, can you do unweighted (just your bodyweight) squats with a full ROM without pain?

And how do you feel doing the cycling sprints? Those can also be hard on the knees if the seat isn’t adjusted right.

Thanks for the response…

I hurt my knee a while back, did some physio for a bit that seemed to work for the most part but my doctor won’t send me to get my knee checked further. They just want me to continue strenthening it.

Anyway, I was doing 3 days a week, then on non-weight days doing physio work. It wasn’t demanding but physio is what it is, boring.

The biking does bother my knee a bit, but when I do my physio stuff it tends to feel like it is pushing the pain out of my knee. Probably some build up of some sort.

Is there any alternative to Flame out? Don’t think I can get that in Canada.

Thanks!!

Flameout is basically fish oil. There are lots of substitutes. Check the amounts of DHA/EPA/CLA. Flameout is high in those ingredients. I think the Biotest will ship to Canada.