10lbs Of Fat in 36days,Is It Possible?

Hello all,

I am new as a member of this site but have gotten many articles and workouts from time to time.

I am trying to see if this is a realistic goal but there are some issues. First I am in Iraq with the military. I have been working out for the last five months consistently until I had a back injury that put me out for a month and a half. In the time frame I was working out I lost 10lbs and 3 inchs around the waist(not enough).

I have finally been released from the doctor with some guidelines, no back work except the stretches from the physical therapist.

Also the diet here is pretty rough, lots of crap. I am going to start the tailor made nutrition when I get home and can actually monitor my diet better. Here they serve lots of fried foods and carbs, carbs, carbs. I have tried monitoring my diet and keeping as close to 1800-2000 calories as possible but after reading Dr. Berardi’s article I wonder if I might be under eating to burn fat, not sure.

Anyway enough rambling. I am 5’8" and 190lbs. I carry all my weight in my mid section and am about 26% body fat. I am hoping to get some advice to see if this goal is reachable. I am heading home in that 36day mark and want to make as many change as possible. Any advice on how to go about things would also be very appreciated.

Thanks,
D

Sorry to hear about the food situation.

I don’t know what your activity level is, but 1800-2000 calories is low. Perhaps you can supplement with whey shakes?

Losing 10lbs of fat in 36 days is possible, I lost 20-25 lbs in a month and a half.

My stats (when I was a porker):
Height: 5’9
Weight: 170

Got myself down to 150 (with 5lb of muscle gain…well at least 3lbs).

I could’ve done even better if I knew what I know now back than. I ate around 2,500 calories a day of pure clean foods. Egg whites in the morning, apple for snack, sandwich for lunch, another apple, dinner, than lowfat yogurt for dessert. On workout days I’d also throw in a protein shake instead of an apple.

I used to do Jorge De May’s “the cart” cardio which is good and all but I don’t do it anymore (since I found something better). The cardio that I would recommend for you is guerilla cardio. It’s enough to burn the fat but not the muscle…which is great and it raises your metabolism up to 48 hours (according to some scientist…I don’t know how true that is).

Guerilla Cardio:
4 min of warmup (jog)
20 second sprint, 10 second rest (slow walk) - Do this EIGHT times.
4 min cooldown (jog)

You should be absolutely dead after this, even top athletes are dead after this…I recommend doing this on an empty stomache (to avoid cramps). Good luck!

Hey guys,

Thanks alot for the advice. My activety levels were pretty high I was doing Chad Waterbury’s Get lean without Dieting when I hurt my back. The lean protiens might be a little difficult but I will find a way to get them. They do sell tuna in the BX.I will do some exploring around here and see where I can get the lean protien. Thanks again.