10lbs Gained and 2% Lower BF in 5 Months while on Week 7 TRT

I got bf% checked and I went from 23.7% 202lbs and now I’m 21.7% 212lbs. Both was measured using bodyfat calipers. I’ve been lifting consistently for over 4 months it’ll be 5 months on the 21st of this month.

Why does my clothes feel like I got fatter? Shirts are tighter around belly area and pants are tighter too. I thought I was going to be like 28-30% because I’ve been eating nothing but junk practically last few months so I was surprised bodyfat% actually went down!

1st time I checked within 30min or so after cardio. 2nd time I checked 1-2 hrs after lifting and 30+mins after after finishing cardio as I did both this day.

Should I check again or in 1 month?

Did you perform the bodyfat measurement yourself, or was it performed by someone else?

If your readings are accurate:
Beginning LBM = 154.126
Ending LBM = 165.996
LBM +11.87

I’m guessing you didn’t drop from 23.7% to 21.7% while gaining 10 pounds over four months.

1 Like

Both times calipers were done by trainer at 24 hour fitness.

I wouldn’t trust that measurement to mean much.

2 Likes

They’re better than that stupid electic handle thingy. Is it possible for a beginner litter to gain 11lbs lean body mass last 3-4 months while I’m starting my 7th weekly 100mg TRT injection today?

Absolutely, in much the same way that bleach is a better beverage choice than draino.

If your stomach is bigger, you’ve gained 11lbs, and you’ve been eating mostly junk, you gotta apply a little Occam’s Razor on this one.

7 Likes

this is like The Emperor’s New Clothes

2 Likes

Wtf lol

No. There’s zero point in ever checking bodyfat percentage. The 2% points are well within the basic margin of error for calipers and the trainer should have explained it to you. I’m guessing he didn’t because it’s an error in his favor and makes him look like he knows his shit, which he doesn’t.

What you should do is take progress pictures tomorrow morning in just your shorts, fix your diet immediately (seriously, what’s the point of training and being on TRT if you’re going to keep eating crap?), and then take progress pictures in 1 month and forget about tracking your bodyfat percentage.

I hate eating clean makes me miserable first month or so I know cause I’ve Dieted eating clean for 3+ months and lost 30+lbs 3 different times since 2008. Plus I don’t know how to cook and all these boxed foods get boring and bland after eating the same thing practically everyday.

Why can’t I eat junk at maintencance calories as long as I’m getting enough protein? I do 6+ hours of cardio on top of full body 3x week. Plus I work at Amazon Fulfillment which is 10 hours of walking. They say supposedly we burn 400calories an hour but I think it’s BS.

2% Margin of error would still mean it’s possible I really did lose 2%BF as 23.7 would be really 21.7-25.7 and the 21.7 I got this time around would really be 19.7-23.7

Have you considered learning how to cook?

A slow cooker is pretty easy. Same with a foreman grill. You can do a lot of damage with those 2 things.

A fun fact is that you can burn 400 calories in an hour and eat 400 calories in about 2 minutes. Most people simply can’t outrun a fork.

4 Likes

One of the greatest skills a man can have.

4 Likes

I very much agree with what people have said about the chances of the measurements being accurat and the value of said tests.

I don’t know what there is to learn about cooking. It is pretty easy if you don’t expect to be a chef or something.
How does one even get by without knowing some basic cooking stuff?
If you are getting TRT you probably aren’t that young, right? I mean not at an age where your mother would be preparing all your meals.

Cooking:
Do you know how to prepare pasta, potatoes, rice? Brokkoli, spinach, carrots? Do you know how to prepare meat and eggs?
Do you have a pot, frying pan, stove?
It is really not that hard as some people make it sound.

If you have higher ambitions and want to cook more tasty and less plain stuff, then there are literally millions of recipes online or in books.

1 Like

Come on, man, you got fatter. There’s no use pretending you didn’t. The question is just whether you want to change it, and there’s no moral judgement if you don’t. If you do want to be leaner, it will be very difficult to do so with junk food.

1 Like

How’s that been working out again?

It’s actually been 5 months not 3-4. I asked the person today at gym that checked it before and she said Janruary.

I just checked my waist with tape it’s still the same as Janruary when 10lbs less and I think possibly 1/4inch to 1/2 inch less. I’m in my 5th consistent month as a beginner and started TRT 100mg weekly 7 weeks so it’s possible that I really am gaining lean body mass and those bf% measurements with calipers really do show I lost 2% despite going from 200ish to 212.

I read and watched on youtube that naturally the average consistent bodybuilder will put on 40-50lbs of muscle in his lifting life 1/2 of that coming in the first year.

Btw I’m 25 so it’s sad that my t-levels was 209 when I got it check in April before I started TRT.

At your age with low T? If it’s not a genetic issue it probably has a lot to do with your diet…

1 Like

Stop eating those premade frozen crap foods, stop eating all factory produced food. Jesus your 25 learn to god damn cook its not hard, grill a streak, make meatballs, chicken a million different ways. Rice cooker is great, make rice for a couple days.
If not lose weight and find a good girl to cook hahaa

1 Like