10kg to Lose for Feb 9th Meet. Tips?

cut the salad.

If I have a lot of weight to lose, my diet is 100% meat for 3-5 days

1 Like

gotcha

Where did you see this?

The article was for lifters in general, not for a crazy guy like him. He cut about 30lbs before. Amit Sapir did the same several times, once 2 weekends in a row.

He was talking about water loading

Seems to me like you would get weaker from being in a caloric deficit, no? With drugs it could be different, like what Sergey Ponamarev has people doing.

In this case the performance boost is supposed to be from some sort of supercompensation after refeeding and hydrating. His claims, not mine. I was definitely bloated as fuck though.

You don’t get constipated? Some vegetables sounds like a good idea.

I agree, I’m not.

That makes more sense, thats the angle I wasn’t seeing

Yea this, eat your veggies kids. It wont add any weight (or glycogen) but it will keep things comfortable and keep excess food from being “stuck” in your gut which will add weight.

I wouldnt go with salad though either. Just not that much fiber. Papaya would be my choice. Potatoes depending on how much I still had to lose.

1 Like

I don’t, but a laxative won’t kill you.

Gotta disagree there. It will on both counts. Maybe not enough to be a game changer, and if we’re not talking about things at the limit, I agree some veggies are good (and I eat tonnes year round, we are talking about 3 days here). But more food mass and more carbs will make a difference on the scale.

how about asparagus?

Natural direutic

Gotta weigh that up for yourself. 1 cup has 5g of carbs, don’t know how strong of a diuretic it is.

Exactly, but not going to the bathroom for 3 days will add weight to the scale. And be incredibly and unnecessarily uncomfortable if you do go.

EDIT: Love it actually. 100g of Asparagus has 20cals and 2g of fiber and most of that is insoluable (very important).

I have cut 8kg in about 6 days once (2 hour weigh in) and 5-6kg several other times over 3-5 Days. My protocol was always low carb, normal sodium/potassium, high water, high fiber and high protein. I never used diuretics or a fat burner etc. The most I manipulated water was to cut it out about 12 hours out from weigh ins (I never got a huge drop from this tbh).

In the end you will need to find what works for you and I highly recommend not having to cut more than 1-2% of body weight a week out to hit weigh ins.

@BOTSLAYER

Just want to say, im not trying to be an asshole, but if you have 20g of carbs a day, easy to do from veggies, thats an extra 100g of glycogen, which comes with 300-400g of water weight. Your looking at 500g, more than 1lb. Weigh ins have definitely been missed by less.

This presupposes both constipation and an unwillingnness to take a mild laxative. In my experience therer are two sweet spots for stool movement. The ‘right’ amount of fibre, and no fibre (not a long term option for obvious reasons that don’t need explaining). Constipation comes from some, but not enough, or too much. I’ve done this 4 or 5 times now, once for each comp, because its the easiest way to lose scale weight fast. Have never had an issue, but YRMV :man_shrugging:

LOL I know, its good to have these discussions from all sides as that is how we make better decisions in the future.

Yea this will also work. I just hate the idea of having stomach issues on comp day (or ever really). I track my fiber more diligently than protein because of this.

I guess Im lucky that it’s never been an issue for me. I couldn’t even give you a ballpark figure for my fibre intake. Literally I dont know whether it’s 50g or 500g, or even if grams is how you measure fibre. lol.

I’ve never had to use them though, laxatives. Just would be my go to rather than upping carbs . I get a lot of value from the sureity of zero carb

1 Like

That could be a problem, imagine if you kept shitting at the meet. If you never take them then you don’t know how you will respond, right?

Re: glycogen
Doesn’t you body still convert fat and protein to glycogen if you don’t eat carbs? Like endurance athletes would be fucked with zero glycogen, but supposedly keto isn’t as bad for them as it is for PL and such. How does this work?

You can eventually convert some, but not much and its slow, and you wouldn’t be doing that within a week of switching from a high carb diet.

The point of keto adaptation is that you don’t rely on glycogen stores for energy in the first place, you rely directly on fat store metabolism, the theoretical benefit for ultramarathons then being that they don’t hit ‘the wall’ when glycogen hits empty.

1 Like

Some serious stuff to shed water in this thread. I did it by changing drinking volume, and not as extreme as what I read in here. if I remember correctly:
Sunday 1 gallon
Monday 1 1/2 gallons
Tuesday 2 gallons
Wednesday 1 1/2 gallons
Thursday 1/2 gallon
Friday 20 ozs total fluids before weigh in, swishing it around in my mouth a lot.

Drank a bottle of Pedialyte stepping off the scale. drank another before I left the weigh in area. Went and ate whatever I could get my hands on, more salt more better. Weighed in at 230 lbs, the next morning 245-6 lbs. The previous Saturday usually 245 lbs give or take a pound.

1 Like

I can’t really say you did it wrong because you still made weight, but what I have heard from several sources is that you don’t want to taper off water like that, you want to keep water intake high so that your body is flushing it out at full speed and then just cut it off totally. If you taper it off your body will adjust and you will stop pissing so much. Or at least that’s what I was told.

1 Like

I don’t know, I have to travel the day before my weigh ins. Fly, so I’m loading then cutting out fluid completely the day before. That week will be no carb, also no salt.

I’m going to love life.

I knew absolutely nothing about it, I was doing what I was told by my training partner and another trainer buddy of his. I had cut from 285 lbs in 3 months. I stayed at this weight for several years and made several weigh ins afterwards by only doing the water part.

Hey, like I said it’s hard to say you were wrong because it all worked out but other people say that’s not the way to do it. Maybe you just respond to water cuts differently than the average person, or maybe tapering off vs. sudden cutoff after highest water intake makes less difference than they claim.

@weightliftingwithoutlimits - I was responding to hardartery’s comment above my last one. But as for cutting out salt, I’m no expert on this but I believe you want to keep salt intake high until a couple days before you cut out water. Being sodium-depleted and drinking a ton of water can fuck you up. I would look into this if I was you because it could end up badly, like either you get sick before you weigh in or you end up cramping.

Look up the article “Weight Cutting for Strength Sports” on the Kabuki site. It says this:

" Here is a quick breakdown of what the sodium manipulation would look like

• Saturday 1/2 gallon water (2000-3000mg salt)
  • Sunday 1 gallon water (2800-3800mg salt)
  • Monday 1.5 gallon water (3600-4600mg salt)
  • Tuesday 2 gallons (4200-5200mg salt)
  • Wednesday 2.5 gallons (1400-2400mg salt)
  • Thursday 3 gallons (600-1200mg salt)
  • Friday 1/2 – 1 gallon (no salt)."
1 Like