105's Here I Come!

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
In Canada you only need to hit 258 as a 105 to compete at nationals. I don’t think the standards in general are very high in Canada though. At least, I’ve heard the Quebec federation has been rumbling about raising the standards for a few years now to thin out the competition at nationals and make it a little more elite (and perhaps a little more french while they’re at it, sneaky bastards).

And welcome to the coolest weight class there is. No other weight class can boast a lifter who’s so giant and jacked and shredded and manly he makes training to happy Russian house beats cool with his roars, as well as an incredibly gifted super powerful I’m-not-gonna-give-a-fuck-and-drink-and-drive-and-do-what-I-want tree trunk looking fellow. In a few hours time it’ll also have one weakling Canadian with an awesome 'stache . . .[/quote]

How can I learn more about O-lifting in canada

[quote]GhostOD wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
In Canada you only need to hit 258 as a 105 to compete at nationals. I don’t think the standards in general are very high in Canada though. At least, I’ve heard the Quebec federation has been rumbling about raising the standards for a few years now to thin out the competition at nationals and make it a little more elite (and perhaps a little more french while they’re at it, sneaky bastards).

And welcome to the coolest weight class there is. No other weight class can boast a lifter who’s so giant and jacked and shredded and manly he makes training to happy Russian house beats cool with his roars, as well as an incredibly gifted super powerful I’m-not-gonna-give-a-fuck-and-drink-and-drive-and-do-what-I-want tree trunk looking fellow. In a few hours time it’ll also have one weakling Canadian with an awesome 'stache . . .[/quote]

How can I learn more about O-lifting in canada[/quote]

Well, here’s the website for the Canadian Weightlifting Federation Home | Olympic Weightlifting | Weightlifting Canada Haltérophilie

Don’t see any contact information for the association out in Nova Scotia, but there is an e-mail there you can write to for the Canadian Federation. Not sure what’s going on for o-lifting out in the maritimes to be honest. Unless your profile is lying and you’re from elsewhere.

Koing make sure its all muscle so you can look like Klokov instead of Aramnau :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]GqArtguy wrote:
Koing make sure its all muscle so you can look like Klokov instead of Aramnau :P[/quote]

I only weighed 96kg last night, slowly slowly edging my way up but I’m also training 5x a week now so my weight will probably drop.

How is your shizzle?

Koing

Koing, where do you find the UK national qualifying standards?

For me a 63kg in Canada I need 146 and the US I think it’s a little less (138?) and I was curious to what the UK standards are.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Koing, where do you find the UK national qualifying standards?

For me a 63kg in Canada I need 146 and the US I think it’s a little less (138?) and I was curious to what the UK standards are.[/quote]

Usually when the competition entries are open they tell you what you need to qualify but the English or the British are open and they have taken the qualifications down.

We have the qualifications on a board at the club also. I’ll take a pic of it on Wednesday for you.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
haha

Started at 75.xx Kg or so back in the summer of 98, last comp on Saturday I weighed in at 96.2kg.

English : 240
British : 260

English : 255
British : 275

Adding protein shakes back in to my diet now.

I won’t go crazy but it’s nice to not monitor my food intake and having to cut down back to the 94’s. No rush to the 105’s as it’ll take me some time to fill out to 105 morning weight and then a solid 105. I’m not even a solid 94 but it’s easier for me to go up then cut to be solid and lose strength whilst I’m at it…I learnt that lesson!

What are your countries standard for the Nationals?

Koing[/quote]

Need a 292 to make the 105s in the US. A bit of a tall order for me right now. And welcome to the heavyweight club!

[quote]swankfest wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
haha

Started at 75.xx Kg or so back in the summer of 98, last comp on Saturday I weighed in at 96.2kg.

I won’t go crazy but it’s nice to not monitor my food intake and having to cut down back to the 94’s. No rush to the 105’s as it’ll take me some time to fill out to 105 morning weight and then a solid 105. I’m not even a solid 94 but it’s easier for me to go up then cut to be solid and lose strength whilst I’m at it…I learnt that lesson!

Koing[/quote]

Need a 292 to make the 105s in the US. A bit of a tall order for me right now. And welcome to the heavyweight club![/quote]

292 is a decent chunk over 275! At least 18-24months work depending on a lot of factors! Hell it could as short as 6months for some lifters! But 17kg for a non full time lifter this late in to the game, any lifter would do very well imo to crank it out in a year!

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
haha

Koing[/quote]

Koing,whats your diet these days like?

Stay strong! ;))

[quote]SKELAC wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
haha

Koing[/quote]

Stay strong! ;))
[/quote]

Breakfast: protein shake, oats and milk, water
later: apple
Lunch: sandwhich with lots of meat or some roast lunch or some rice, meat, veg combo
later; fruit
dinner; pasta & meat/ rice and meat etc

lots of water and other fruits daily.

Nothing special. My metabolism is slowing down so it’s easier to gain weight and get a bit fatter.

Cheers!

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]SKELAC wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
haha

Koing[/quote]

Stay strong! ;))
[/quote]

Lunch: sandwhich with lots of meat or some roast lunch or some rice, meat, veg combo
later; fruit

Nothing special. My metabolism is slowing down so it’s easier to gain weight and get a bit fatter.

Cheers!

Koing[/quote]

Sounds solid! ;))
I actually expected to hear about some massive overeating & crazy high calories food combos! hahahaha :)))

If you get get stuck at uping your bodyweight,these guys could give you some ideas! ;))

[quote]SKELAC wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]SKELAC wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
haha

Koing[/quote]

Stay strong! ;))
[/quote]

later; fruit

Cheers!

Koing[/quote]

Sounds solid! ;))
I actually expected to hear about some massive overeating & crazy high calories food combos! hahahaha :)))

[/quote]

Weighed in at 94.2kg after getting ill on Wednesday (not a good day, went to the toilet 10x :()…

Pizza is crazy calorifically dense!

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]SKELAC wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]SKELAC wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
haha

Koing[/quote]

Stay strong! ;))
[/quote]

later; fruit

Cheers!

Koing[/quote]

Sounds solid! ;))

[/quote]

Weighed in at 94.2kg after getting ill on Wednesday (not a good day, went to the toilet 10x :()…

Pizza is crazy calorifically dense!

Koing[/quote]

Just kidding with that junk! ;))
Coach Glenn Pendlay recommends lots of meat and veggies as basics and lots of quality carbs if you want to increase your bodyweight.

Mate, I love pizza!

Weight will go up now that my metabolism is slower and I’m 28 next month. I’ll up to 2 shakes.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
Mate, I love pizza!

Weight will go up now that my metabolism is slower and I’m 28 next month. I’ll up to 2 shakes.

Koing[/quote]

I have no doubt,you ll get much stronger & biggers soon ;))

[quote]SKELAC wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
Mate, I love pizza!

Koing[/quote]

I have no doubt,you ll get much stronger & biggers soon ;))[/quote]

I just want to get a lot stronger. The weight can go whatever as long as I can shift some weight!

Koing

Can I come live/train in the UK? I am right at 275 now, at 107. I will be an Olympian damn it!

You’ll need about ~355 for a 105…or 375 for 105+ :stuck_out_tongue:

94 is 339

Come train mate!

Koing