1050lb Bench Press

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1830359

This is a lift I never thought I would see in my lifetime. I dont care about his shirt, that is just fucking sick. A human front loader. Doc

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I for one have become bored by the shirted belly press. It may as well have been 2000lbs.

[quote]Garage_Gorilla wrote:
I know it’s not a popular opinion but I for one have become bored by the shirted belly press. It may as well have been 2000lbs. [/quote]

2000lb shirted bench and a 1650 raw bench?

High shirt bench = High raw bench, respect that if nothing else.

[quote]Garage_Gorilla wrote:
I know it’s not a popular opinion but I for one have become bored by the shirted belly press. It may as well have been 2000lbs. [/quote]

It’s not popular because you clicked on a thread that you knew was about a topic you didn’t like and had to comment about it.

I put on a bench shirt once and benched 1150, but I was alone in my garage at the time.

is this touch and go lift because it didn’t look like a pause, im just wondering how the bench is done now.

Shirt or not, that’s 1000lbs on that bar, amazing. Just imagine some asking you “how much do you bench?” and replying “1050lbs”.

Have any of you guys ever had that much weight in your hands??? If not then respect the strength…i’ve had over 750 in mine and i freakin can’t imagine 1050. Do you know the stress the bones and tendons are under.

And yes that is a pause just as they do it in the Ipf and or AAU etc. I appreciate everyones opinion but for goodness sake give credit where credit it due and walk a mile in his shoes>>>>> most if none will…ever

[quote]shizen wrote:
is this touch and go lift because it didn’t look like a pause, im just wondering how the bench is done now. [/quote]

There is no pause rule in the APA. The rule is the bar must be lowered to the chest until the lifter receives a press command. The press command will be given when the bar becomes motionless on the chest.

[quote]mattwray wrote:
shizen wrote:
is this touch and go lift because it didn’t look like a pause, im just wondering how the bench is done now.

There is no pause rule in the APA. The rule is the bar must be lowered to the chest until the lifter receives a press command. The press command will be given when the bar becomes motionless on the chest.
[/quote]

ok thanks for clearing that up because I have seen other competition benches where they have it laying on chest for at least sec or two.

What really amazes me is that this guy is still making progress even though he is so far out there.

Garage_Gorilla I agree with what you said for the most part but that’s just the nature of the sport whether we like it or not. Hope you don’t mind me posting this.