T Nation

100lb DB Bench x 11 at 157lbs

For my range of motion (ROM), I bring the weight down until the back of my arm is parallel with the floor and this still hits the chest well and I get a massive pump. As you can see from the picture, this range of motion does produce good results for me and my chest, when flexed, does look okay. The reason I cannot go deeper than this on my dumbbell bench is due to shoulder impingement. Jason Huh, who is a professional bodybuilder, uses a limited ROM on his lifts as he believes this creates more stress on the muscle due to constant tension and I like to apply this theory to my dumbbell bench. Now for those who still are going to hate on me, letâ??s see you do the same lift, POUND FOR POUND and with the same form.

[quote]AndrewMcInroy wrote:

For my range of motion (ROM), I bring the weight down until the back of my arm is parallel with the floor and this still hits the chest well and I get a massive pump. As you can see from the picture, this range of motion does produce good results for me and my chest, when flexed, does look okay. The reason I cannot go deeper than this on my dumbbell bench is due to shoulder impingement. Jason Huh, who is a professional bodybuilder, uses a limited ROM on his lifts as he believes this creates more stress on the muscle due to constant tension and I like to apply this theory to my dumbbell bench. Now for those who still are going to hate on me, letâ??s see you do the same lift, POUND FOR POUND and with the same form.

[/quote]

I don’t understand the point of this post??

Why are you so defensive?

is this a joke?

lol

With you on the limited ROM increasing muscle tension, but youre taking that principle the wrong way. When applying that principle for dumbbell presses, youre meant to come all the way down and the limited ROM describes how you dont go to full lockout. Your method is significantly less taxing on the pectorals and moreso on the triceps.

Were we supposed to be impressed? Were you hoping we’d all be PM’ing you for your routine and diet? Prepare to be very disappointed.

oh, and nice form, pussy.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

Why are you so defensive?[/quote]

most short males are very insecure by nature

Good for you man and you look good in that pic.

Keep it up!

Slamming the 100 dbs on the floor is the only way to let the rest of the fellow gym goers know that they are in the presence of a true badass.

Let’s just use this time remember when we were blessed enough to have HolyMac posting here

[quote]Anus Bleach wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

most short males are very insecure by nature[/quote]

hey now. Some of us aren’t insecure, just really weird.

it doesn’t matter what your ROM is like, this isn’t powerlifting after all. You look better than 95% of posters here, and thats what counts.

On the other hand, it is disingenous to tout your strength while using this abbreviated ROM.

Nice job though, keep it up

All I saw was 100x1 dumbbell bench.

Don’t brag about your strength,if you can’t perform your “Feat” with a full range of motion.

Touch your chest or don’t post about it. I don’t care if you are a bodybuilder and going for size; I am very happy for you and your goals.But as people said before, that doesn’t mean you should sit here and say you bench something for 11 reps that you only do for one.

lol

This guy posted in the powerlifting section as well with a decent deadlift. I thought he was initially going for critique but it’s very clear now he’s looking for his e-peen to get stroked

As for pound for pound here’s me db shoulder pressing your db press

Wow I did not realize how much bigger I’ve gotten since last summer

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

For my range of motion (ROM), I bring the weight down until the back of my arm is parallel with the floor and this still hits the chest well and I get a massive pump. As you can see from the picture, this range of motion does produce good results for me and my chest, when flexed, does look okay. The reason I cannot go deeper than this on my dumbbell bench is due to shoulder impingement. Jason Huh, who is a professional bodybuilder, uses a limited ROM on his lifts as he believes this creates more stress on the muscle due to constant tension and I like to apply this theory to my dumbbell bench. Now for those who still are going to hate on me, let�?�¢??s see you do the same lift, POUND FOR POUND and with the same form.

[/quote]

You saw his last thread in the PL forum right? That might have something to do with it lol. There’s also his grocery shopping thread in GAL.

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:
This guy posted in the powerlifting section as well with a decent deadlift. I thought he was initially going for critique but it’s very clear now he’s looking for his e-peen to get stroked

Wow I did not realize how much bigger I’ve gotten since last summer[/quote]

That’s crazy man.

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:

Wow I did not realize how much bigger I’ve gotten since last summer[/quote]
x2 looks like you might have added a solid 10lbs of muscle bro

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

For my range of motion (ROM), I bring the weight down until the back of my arm is parallel with the floor and this still hits the chest well and I get a massive pump. As you can see from the picture, this range of motion does produce good results for me and my chest, when flexed, does look okay. The reason I cannot go deeper than this on my dumbbell bench is due to shoulder impingement. Jason Huh, who is a professional bodybuilder, uses a limited ROM on his lifts as he believes this creates more stress on the muscle due to constant tension and I like to apply this theory to my dumbbell bench. Now for those who still are going to hate on me, let�??�?�¢??s see you do the same lift, POUND FOR POUND and with the same form.

[/quote]

You saw his last thread in the PL forum right? That might have something to do with it lol. There’s also his grocery shopping thread in GAL.[/quote]

Yeah I saw it, but there I felt maybe he was just new and kind of ignorant. This post was just WTF? It was like a bad attempt at bragging mixed with a universal call-out. lol

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

For my range of motion (ROM), I bring the weight down until the back of my arm is parallel with the floor and this still hits the chest well and I get a massive pump. As you can see from the picture, this range of motion does produce good results for me and my chest, when flexed, does look okay. The reason I cannot go deeper than this on my dumbbell bench is due to shoulder impingement. Jason Huh, who is a professional bodybuilder, uses a limited ROM on his lifts as he believes this creates more stress on the muscle due to constant tension and I like to apply this theory to my dumbbell bench. Now for those who still are going to hate on me, let�¢??s see you do the same lift, POUND FOR POUND and with the same form.

[/quote]

Yea maybe a bit too defensive. Just wanted to emphasize

[quote]PChpm1 wrote:
With you on the limited ROM increasing muscle tension, but youre taking that principle the wrong way. When applying that principle for dumbbell presses, youre meant to come all the way down and the limited ROM describes how you dont go to full lockout. Your method is significantly less taxing on the pectorals and moreso on the triceps.[/quote]

Yes I do lock out.

I actually get ZERO pump in my tris from this exercise and a massive pump in the chest.