100717 Bristol Comp

Bw 89.3kg : been dieting down for 3 weeks, dropped off about 1.5-1.7kg or so. Down 3kg from 3 weeks ago where I weighed in at 92.4kg

I had a 2hr drive to the venue but managed to sleep in the car at the venue after weigh in. I was feeling lethargic, then watched the Donny Shankle interview and had a red bull and my total mood changed. I felt on edge, ready to f0cking explode and just all around very aggressive. If you don’t know me I tend to get very aggressive the few hrs leading up to a comp. It’s good for me, but maybe not others.

I picked up the bar and it felt VERY LIGHT. On comp day the bar just feels ridiculously light. I know I’m at least in good shape/ on it.

Snatch warm ups
bar work, felt ultra fast and sharp
40 x 2 ; supers harp
50 x 1 ; sharp
60 x 1 ; sharp
70 x 1 ; sharp
80 x 1 ; sharp
90 x 1 ; sharp
100 x 1 ; sharp
105 x 1 ; sharp
110 x 1 ; sharp
116 x 1 ; solid, mate was s uppose to load 115 but got 116 on instead, I didn’t notice it any heavier

Snatch
122 O stuck it +2kg PB, it’s weird I’m tending to have to take a few steps forwards to recovery my Snatch’s of late?! Hips coming up too fast out of the receive position
124 x a bit too much swing at the top, but the bar height is here
124 x had to follow myself, tried to keep it closer, but didn’t pull it enough

C&J warm up
bar work
60 x 2
80 x 1
100 x 1
120 x 1 : cleans felt rough
130 x 1 : cleans felt rough
140 x O , failed jerk,

C&J
147 O +2kg PB: clean looked better then it felt, Jerk looked good, rushed forwards to recovery it (standard), got to warms up length, front foot went out well, got under it, steadied it over head, stuck that mofo!
151 x Felt really heavy off the floor, heavy on the receive, heavy on the squat up, which was quite frankly one of my worst recoveries ever, look at the lack of leg strength?! wtf?! Jerk didn’t go to arms length, but at least myf ront foot was out forwards…for me better behind then in front
151 x followed myself, heavy off the floor, heavy on the squat up, not enough juice left for the Jerk, Clean just drained me…

122/147
269 +4kg on to my PB, qualified for English and British in 2011

I’m happy with 122/147 but 124 is close and 150 isn’t out of the question if I don’t expend too much energy on the Cleans. Maybe it was the weight drop that affected my Cleans? I did kind of tweak my back on Monday and the front squats have felt gingerly…the Cleans 3 weeks ago felt IMMENSE and very easy.

Opening on PR attempts? That’s not like you at all…:wink:

Solid lifting mate. 124 is pretty much there. How small was that platform though?

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Opening on PR attempts? That’s not like you at all…:wink:

Solid lifting mate. 124 is pretty much there. How small was that platform though?[/quote]

yeah mate, had nothing to lose by going heavy, you either go home with a PB or you go home with nothing LOL

Yeah man, 124 is definitely there…I think my next comp is in October? I think I’ll enter on 125, but it depends how training is going but I don’t foresee training going bad.

Platform was 2.5x2.5M or of rubber, maybe 3x2M and then on another wooden platform of 4x4 or so then they had a 4x4M marked out area. I didn’t actually realise they had an actual 4x4M area marked out until I collected my trophy! Well weird having it raised like that…

Koing

Hey good to see PRs. I was competing there too :slight_smile:

Didn’t get to stay to watch the later lifters, how was the competition?

just have to say that u are way braver then me opening with PBs. good lifting

BADASS LIFTING KOINGERZ. Seriously you are entertaining as fuck to watch. I want to scream like you but it’s not my personality hahaha.

Nice PBs, but why were you dieting down?

That 2nd clean was amazing

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
BADASS LIFTING KOINGERZ. Seriously you are entertaining as fuck to watch. I want to scream like you but it’s not my personality hahaha.[/quote]

lol, yeah it just comes out when lifting.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
Nice PBs, but why were you dieting down?[/quote]

summerz…just leaning out over summer, done the British 3 weeks ago so no real big comps until Feb’s English and next years British. I’ll start to increase in September or so? Next comps probably in October then December.

Koing

[quote]onemandave wrote:

Didn’t get to stay to watch the later lifters, how was the competition?[/quote]

Whats your name and which group did you lift in? I was in the 4th group.

[quote]boldar wrote:
just have to say that u are way braver then me opening with PBs. good lifting[/quote]

Thats what everyone says but if your training has gone really f0cking well, would you not back yourself to lift it? If I bombed so what man…as long as I qualify for the big comps I’m okay.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]onemandave wrote:

Didn’t get to stay to watch the later lifters, how was the competition?[/quote]

Whats your name and which group did you lift in? I was in the 4th group.

James D, I was lifting in the 2nd group. First competition and I got 65/80 so I was pretty pleased. I was a little annoyed though, I thought the qualifying standard was 137, turns out it was 155. Still, great fun.

Qualifying standard for the British or for the Bristol comp? How old are you and what weight?

Koing

I weighed 68 at 17. For the British, the U17 69kg qualifyng standard was 137, U18 155. Since the British was already gone this year they were only looking at the U18 standard.

Camera angle is sweet.

[quote]onemandave wrote:
I weighed 68 at 17. For the British, the U17 69kg qualifyng standard was 137, U18 155. Since the British was already gone this year they were only looking at the U18 standard.[/quote]

Aight. My boy Regieski is competiting in 3 weeks time at the Crystal Palace meet. He needs 185 @ 85kg for the British U18.

Koing

i don’t know if you guys noticed the girl covering her ears… that shit was funny

Koing stop scarying little kids man,