1003 Deadlift

Great vid.

Did it seem to you like he wasnt completely sure whether they would give the lift to him? Like there was some question as to whether he locked it out.

A

[quote]dl- wrote:
For anyone else that wants to see, here is a different vid of the lift, close up.

[quote]dbutkus wrote:
tedro wrote:
Does anybody know if he did the whole meet, or did he just do “token” lifts in the squat and bench? Not that it isn’t impressive either way, I was just wondering.

According to Powerlifting Watch he did a raw 551 squat and a 650 bench. For him I would guess that squat was a token - I hope so.[/quote]
With a pull like that? I don’t see how it couldn’t be.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
moonjumper wrote:
INSANE, finally, now everyone will be doing it.
I wonder how many reps he could get 800 for?
That way I don’t need to remember that Ronnie Coleman video of him doubling 800.

How does 800lb for 12 sound?? He’s just that strong.
[/quote]

Lets not forget Ronnie was just weeks out of a SEVERE diet and still pulled 800 on less than optimal nutrition.

However: That vid is nuts. I wonder how many extra pouds you can pull or squat with a few hundred people rooting for you. His triceps are HUGE.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
moonjumper wrote:
INSANE, finally, now everyone will be doing it.
I wonder how many reps he could get 800 for?
That way I don’t need to remember that Ronnie Coleman video of him doubling 800.

How does 800lb for 12 sound?? He’s just that strong.

Lets not forget Ronnie was just weeks out of a SEVERE diet and still pulled 800 on less than optimal nutrition.

However: That vid is nuts. I wonder how many extra pouds you can pull or squat with a few hundred people rooting for you. His triceps are HUGE.[/quote]

There’s still a HUGE fucking difference. You can in no way compare Ronnie to Andy.

He squatted light cos of an IT band issue. He took 705 on his 3rd bench and missed it cos of uneven lockout.

Any AA, yeah it does look like that. I think it’s cos the judge gave the “down” signal so early. Andy looked surprised by it.

Hell, i am still working on half of that. What an inspirational lift, even though he has all of that non-functional muscle.

[quote]undesired08 wrote:
Hell, i am still working on half of that. What an inspirational lift, even though he has all of that non-functional muscle.[/quote]

Non-functional! Are you nuts?

He’s going to start up his own company, “Andy’s Roadside Assistance”. And with all those dinky cars in the UK, he’ll have no problem lifting them out of a ditch.


That was an incredible pull! I wonder what he’s weak point is (relatively speaking), lock-out, grip or starting?

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
Andy Bolton just did it at the WPO Event at Lake George.[/quote]

That is amazing!!! Incredible. However, I think a 600 C & J would be more amazing. Reza Zadeh perhaps?

Nick

Here’s a quote from Tim Harold Jr., who was in attendance:

"i was watching andy warmup the deadlift in the warmup room. his last warmup was 755 and he pulled it so fast the bar was still going up when he locked out. im pretty sure he wouldnt be far off from power cleaning it. then his opener of 859 was almost as fast. retarded. "

two guys have benched 1000
Gene Rychalyk (spell?) and big Mendy. The bench record is still more then the bench

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
undesired08 wrote:
nucking futs is what i am. and with a pull like that, i can’t imagine what would be the relative weak point. it was just so fluid. 1100 by the end of next year?

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

That was an incredible pull! I wonder what he’s weak point is (relatively speaking), lock-out, grip or starting? [/quote]

Just watch the video… speed off the floor is good. It slows down around knee level and it’s ground out from there. If I had to say… I’d say lockout.

[quote]Nick Radonjic wrote:
Eric Cressey wrote:
Andy Bolton just did it at the WPO Event at Lake George.

That is amazing!!! Incredible. However, I think a 600 C & J would be more amazing. Reza Zadeh perhaps?

Nick[/quote]

Bullshit. 600lb is almost half of what Andy pulled. I don’t care what you say it’s not as impressive.

Jerking it would be incredibly sick tho.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Does anybody know if he did the whole meet, or did he just do “token” lifts in the squat and bench? Not that it isn’t impressive either way, I was just wondering.[/quote]

My uderstanding is he didn’t go “all out” on squat, but he did attempt 705 on bench but was redlighted for uneven lockout.

[quote]yzerfan wrote:
two guys have benched 1000
Gene Rychalyk (spell?) and big Mendy. The bench record is still more then the bench[/quote]

yeah but…it’s pretty well known that the bench press is well enhanced by equipment where the dead lift is a much more “pure” lift. Yes, gear is used for the dead, but it’s not assisting to the extent that bench gear is.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Nick Radonjic wrote:
Eric Cressey wrote:
Andy Bolton just did it at the WPO Event at Lake George.

That is amazing!!! Incredible. However, I think a 600 C & J would be more amazing. Reza Zadeh perhaps?

Nick

Bullshit. 600lb is almost half of what Andy pulled. I don’t care what you say it’s not as impressive.

Jerking it would be incredibly sick tho.[/quote]

I totally disagree. There are a LOT more technical components to C & J that weight overhead than there are to deadlifting that weight to one’s waist. I think deadlifting overa grand is incredible but to clean and jerk 600 lbs overhead is something out of this world.

Nick

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

That was an incredible pull! I wonder what he’s weak point is (relatively speaking), lock-out, grip or starting?

Just watch the video… speed off the floor is good. It slows down around knee level and it’s ground out from there. If I had to say… I’d say lockout.[/quote]

My hunch is that Andy’s weak point (and I use that term with a bit of irony- I mean- fuck- he just picked up a grand) is that it is right about knee level. Except for some very rare instances, that is where tall, long-limbed convention pullers usually miss. Their strong backs get the bar moving, the leg drive kicks in- but if the hips don’t kick in enough, the bar drifts forward and/or stalls.

Amazing- I think the 900 mark was passed in the late 70’s or early 80s (by Doyle Kenedy, I think). Here it took 25 years to crack a grand.

[quote]roofus_5 wrote:
yzerfan wrote:
two guys have benched 1000
Gene Rychalyk (spell?) and big Mendy. The bench record is still more then the bench

yeah but…it’s pretty well known that the bench press is well enhanced by equipment where the dead lift is a much more “pure” lift. Yes, gear is used for the dead, but it’s not assisting to the extent that bench gear is.[/quote]

Especially for conventional lifters.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:

Especially for conventional lifters.[/quote]

There’s any other way to deadlift?

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Great vid.

Did it seem to you like he wasnt completely sure whether they would give the lift to him? Like there was some question as to whether he locked it out.

A

dl- wrote:
For anyone else that wants to see, here is a different vid of the lift, close up.

[/quote]

Hmm… maybe it wasn’t? From the picture right as the judge gave the signal, it’s definitely iffy. Oh well, I’ll give the benefit of the doubt.

[quote]MetalMikeXVI wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Great vid.

Did it seem to you like he wasnt completely sure whether they would give the lift to him? Like there was some question as to whether he locked it out.

A

dl- wrote:
For anyone else that wants to see, here is a different vid of the lift, close up.

Hmm… maybe it wasn’t? From the picture right as the judge gave the signal, it’s definitely iffy. Oh well, I’ll give the benefit of the doubt.[/quote]

I would love to get a 500lb dl that far! But no it does not look to be locked out to me either…but not being on the platform makes it hard to judge.