1000th GI Killed in Afghanistan

http://blog.buzzflash.com/honors/309

http://rethinkafghanistan.com/hp/special-ops-killing-of-civilians-in-afghanistan-9/

Who are the true killers ???

http://www.truthtube.tv/play.php?vid=3734

http://www.centralasiaonline.com/cocoon/caii/xhtml/en_GB/features/caii/features/main/2010/05/12/feature-02

good question

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

http://www.truthtube.tv/play.php?vid=3734

http://www.centralasiaonline.com/cocoon/caii/xhtml/en_GB/features/caii/features/main/2010/05/12/feature-02

good question[/quote]

I know that the Taliban are not good guys but what do you expect will happen when you invade a country and bring death and destruction to the local population? The US has nothing to do in Afghanistan and they are certainly not there for peace and democracy. Taliban or US soldier not much difference as far as I am concern.

and as far as stating the Taliban are killing civillians to get at US and Nato forces I call B.S:

http://www.rawa.org/times.htm

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/afghanistan/

http://www.hazara.net/taliban/genocide/bamyan/bamyan.html

http://www.rawa.org/photo7.htm

they were killin people way before the US and Nato showed up.

If they did not want us there, they should have given us Bin Laden when we asked for him.

[quote]joebassin wrote:
[The US has nothing to do in Afghanistan and they are certainly not there for peace and democracy. Taliban or US soldier not much difference as far as I am concern.[/quote]

Yes, the US and it’s soldiers are there to spread peace and democracy. It doesn’t do any good to deny this. The question really is, should we be trying to install peace in democracy in Afghanistan.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:
[The US has nothing to do in Afghanistan and they are certainly not there for peace and democracy. Taliban or US soldier not much difference as far as I am concern.[/quote]

Yes, the US and it’s soldiers are there to spread peace and democracy. It doesn’t do any good to deny this. The question really is, should we be trying to install peace in democracy in Afghanistan. [/quote]

If they are there for peace and democracy then why are they killing so many civilian? They are there for the TAPI pippeline :

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
If they did not want us there, they should have given us Bin Laden when we asked for him.[/quote]

So because the Talibans did not give Bin Laden to the US, it justifies murdering Afghan civilians. I hope that’s not what you are thinking.

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

Yes, the US and it’s soldiers are there to spread peace and democracy. It doesn’t do any good to deny this. The question really is, should we be trying to install peace in democracy in Afghanistan. [/quote]

If they are there for peace and democracy then why are they killing so many civilian? They are there for the TAPI pippeline :

Because it’s a war. No conspiracy needed.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

Because it’s a war. No conspiracy needed. [/quote]

Where is the conspiracy?
Killing civilian on purpose is a war crime.
If the US wants to bring Democracy to the world then why not invade North Korea or China?
I gave you the answer as to why the US invaded Afghanistan in my previous link. If you refuse to see the fact then I can’t do anything about it.

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
If they did not want us there, they should have given us Bin Laden when we asked for him.[/quote]

So because the Talibans did not give Bin Laden to the US, it justifies murdering Afghan civilians. I hope that’s not what you are thinking. [/quote]

No, It does not justify anything.

The Taliban were murdering their own citizens before we ever showed up. Perhaps we should just leave and let the Afghan people kill their own civillians. Do you think this would be a good option?

What do you think we should have done after the 9-11 attack? Nothing?

I personally think we should not gotten involved in Iraq and concentrated on keeping the Taliban and their supporters out of Afghanistan. We could have strengthened the tribal leaders and or the central goverment who were our allies, created an infrastructure and let them worry about a resurgence of the Taliban.

the TAPI pippeline

I quote: “In January 1998, the Taliban, selecting CentGas over Argentinian competitor Bridas Corporation, signed an agreement that allowed the proposed project to proceed.”

Sounds like the Taliban were all for it.

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

Where is the conspiracy?
If the US wants to bring Democracy to the world then why not invade North Korea or China?
I gave you the answer as to why the US invaded Afghanistan in my previous link. If you refuse to see the fact then I can’t do anything about it. [/quote]

Killing civilians on purpose isn’t US policy. If you have evidence of any specific incident file a complaint.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

So because the Talibans did not give Bin Laden to the US, it justifies murdering Afghan civilians. I hope that’s not what you are thinking. [/quote]

No, It does not justify anything.

The Taliban were murdering their own citizens before we ever showed up. Perhaps we should just leave and let the Afghan people kill their own civillians. Do you think this would be a good option?

What do you think we should have done after the 9-11 attack? Nothing?

I personally think we should not gotten involved in Iraq and concentrated on keeping the Taliban and their supporters out of Afghanistan. We could have strengthened the tribal leaders and or the central goverment who were our allies, created an infrastructure and let them worry about a resurgence of the Taliban.[/quote]

It’s true the Taliban were murdering their own civilians before the US showed up. I’m not against trying to help the Afghan to fight the Taliban. How to do it can be tricky. The problem when you invade a country is that the population may not like you, especially if your killing lots of civilians. I don’t pretend to have all the answers. Sending peace keeping troops instead of invading the country may be a better idea. You will not accomplish much if the majority of the population is not on your side.

For the 9-11 attack, I’m pretty sure they could get at Bin Laden without an invasion. If you look at one of my previous post you will see that I think the US invaded Afghanistan because of the TAPI pippeline project.

As you suggest strenghtening the Tribal leaders and creating infrastructure is a good idea. But again killing civilians just make the local population hate the US soldier. This cause some of them to take the side of the Talibans. And the situation just get worst from there.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

Where is the conspiracy?
I gave you the answer as to why the US invaded Afghanistan in my previous link. If you refuse to see the fact then I can’t do anything about it. [/quote]

Killing civilians on purpose isn’t US policy. If you have evidence of any specific incident file a complaint. [/quote]

I have post link about this in one of my previous post. Some of these incidents were even admitted by the US government.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
the TAPI pippeline

I quote: “In January 1998, the Taliban, selecting CentGas over Argentinian competitor Bridas Corporation, signed an agreement that allowed the proposed project to proceed.”

Sounds like the Taliban were all for it.[/quote]

They were but : Negotiations with the Taliban broke down in July 2001, just before the attacks of September 11. In October, the US ousted the Taliban, with the assistance of the Northern Alliance.

Joe, you do believe the US should try to kill Bin Laden and his pals, don’t you?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Joe, you do believe the US should try to kill Bin Laden and his pals, don’t you?[/quote]

I have no respect for al-qaeda. I have no problem with the US trying to stop or destroy al-qaeda. It’s more about the way of doing things that I don’t agree. On the point of killing them, shouldn’t everyone get a fair trial? You can’t just accuse someone of being a terrorist and then kill him. Now i am not saying Bin laden is not a terrorist.

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Joe, you do believe the US should try to kill Bin Laden and his pals, don’t you?[/quote]

I have no respect for al-qaeda. I have no problem with the US trying to stop or destroy al-qaeda. It’s more about the way of doing things that I don’t agree. On the point of killing them, shouldn’t everyone get a fair trial? You can’t just accuse someone of being a terrorist and then kill him. Now i am not saying Bin laden is not a terrorist. [/quote]

I mean, you don’t exactly show up with an arrest warrant for these guys…

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]joebassin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

I have no respect for al-qaeda. I have no problem with the US trying to stop or destroy al-qaeda. It’s more about the way of doing things that I don’t agree. On the point of killing them, shouldn’t everyone get a fair trial? You can’t just accuse someone of being a terrorist and then kill him. Now i am not saying Bin laden is not a terrorist. [/quote]

I mean, you don’t exactly show up with an arrest warrant for these guys…

[/quote]

lolll, well fighting terrorism is no simple thing. May be not a warrant but at least have some proof and give them a trial. It’s easy to go in Afghanistan to kill people but what if some suspected member of al-qaeda is hiding in Canada. You can’t just send the army or blow his house. You can’t just go in every single country you want and kill people. What if said SUSPECTED terrorist is a US citizen. The constitution says that every citizen should have a fair trial.