1000 Pound Club

I weigh 180 and am 5’11". My current lifts are bench press 270, squat 315, and deadlift 365. Im 50 pounds away and am curious if anyone currently in the club has any words of advise while I work toward it. Thanks.

eat and train

eat and train

hit 405 on deadlift today so now im only ten pounds away

Get your squat bench and deadlift up.

Hope that helps!

I thought the 1000 pound club was for people with 1000 pound squats, not totals.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I thought the 1000 pound club was for people with 1000 pound squats, not totals.[/quote]

LOL… I didn’t realize what the fuck was going on in this thread until this post.

lololol

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I thought the 1000 pound club was for people with 1000 pound squats, not totals.[/quote]

hahaha!

regarding OP - eat. my numbers went up when i buckled down and began to eat to match the work i was doing in the gym.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

Hope that helps![/quote]

If this doesn’t work for you, get your bench up.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

regarding OP - eat. my numbers went up when i buckled down and began to eat to match the work i was doing in the gym.

[/quote]

x2. Food is your friend. Your numbers seem reasonably balanced, just eat work hard they’ll go up.

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

Hope that helps![/quote]

If this doesn’t work for you, get your bench up.[/quote]

haha

If you’re focusing just on increase your main lifts (and not aesthetics), make sure you hit your accessory exercises hard. Possibly even harder than the main lifts. For the deadlift and squat, hamstring, glute, and lower back work is a must. Best exercises are reverse hypers and GH raise.

If you don’t have access to the equipment, do lots of back extensions, pullthroughs, kettlebell swings, Romanian deadlifts, etc. For the bench, hit your triceps and lats hard. Lots of extensions, JM presses, close grip benches, every kind of row imaginable. When your accessory work improves to that of a 1000lb lifter, you will become a 1000lb lifter.

I joined this club a couple years ago at 160 lbs. I’m trying to re-enter the club again. :smiley:

[quote]chawlsrules wrote:
When your accessory work improves to that of a 1000lb lifter, you will become a 1000lb lifter.[/quote]

No. When your big three total 1000lbs, you will be a 1000lbs lifter.

Accessory work is ACCESSORY, and doesn’t mean jack shit.

Wouldn’t having a real strong back help out all of these lifts?

[quote]Give Er wrote:
Wouldn’t having a real strong back help out all of these lifts?[/quote]

ive been eating well and actually have cut weight while brining my lifts up, i want to maintain the body i have worked for while getting to 1000 pounds under 180 body weight. im going to start hitting the lats hard at the gym and hams as well to get my deadlift up.

[quote]dha5026 wrote:
ive been eating well and actually have cut weight while brining my lifts up, i want to maintain the body i have worked for while getting to 1000 pounds under 180 body weight. im going to start hitting the lats hard at the gym and hams as well to get my deadlift up.[/quote]

Shutup. Stop cutting weight, read this:

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

[quote]dha5026 wrote:
ive been eating well and actually have cut weight while brining my lifts up, i want to maintain the body i have worked for while getting to 1000 pounds under 180 body weight. im going to start hitting the lats hard at the gym and hams as well to get my deadlift up.[/quote]

Shutup. Stop cutting weight, read this:

jasonferruggia.blogspot.com/2007/10/rhodestown.html[/quote]

thats hilarious

haha fatties, wish i could throw that kind of weight around but also like having a sex life, so ill be fine the way i am