1000% Anchor Before Rhodes 5x5/3/1, Stupid Idea?

Hey everyone. I’m about to go onto my third cycle of 1000% awesome leader. I plan to run two cycles of the anchor for 1000% awesome. I enjoy the template a lot and have found it works for me. I’m afraid I’ll get bored plus after reading forever I have other templates I have been interested in. This is where my question comes in.

I was considering after the anchors of 1000% awesome jumping to Rhodes 5x5/3/1 template. I plan to run a few cycles and then jump back to 1000% awesome. I only see two problems with this, one, why change a program that works and that I like. The second part is what I am more concerned about. On 1000% awesome you only press one time a week at a set weight for the cycle. Switching to Rhodes 5x5/3/1 would put me back to training the press and I feel it would be difficult to progress after only training the press with limited weight, if that makes sense.

So my question is how would you handle the press on Rhodes 5x5/3/1 or should I stick to 1000% awesome? Also I do plan to use the 7th week protocol during these cycles.

I dont see any problem with the press. Just test your TM and train your press while doing Rhodes.

About the switch - well, if it works - i wouldnt change something. Most people fck up because they change so often they never actually see what works. I would suggest a change only when you can progress anymore on what worked before.

1 Like