1000-1500 Calorie Smoothies/Shakes

I have thrown chicken in with other ingredients like MetDrive. Still better than pea protein! :grin:

Yeah I dont drink it. Was just wondering if it’s good for an intra workout drink. I find myself gassing out alot during my lifting sessions especially brutal sessions. I assume that if I drink something to keep energy levels up I can train harder= more gains.

@Frank_C used to eat starbursts (maybe still does) mid-workout to help with energy, so if THATS your only goal, drink away - I’m not against juice if the goal is sugar, haha.

As for other intra workout stuff, I couldn’t tell ya, I workout fasted.

3 Likes

Gatorade-Protein Powder combo mid workout has been an old favorite when I was trying to bulk

Yeah fine as long as fresh/not loaded with added sugar

I’m pretty sure that a 1,500 calorie meal will spike insulin up regardless of what is consumed in said meal

1 Like

Haven’t came across any scientific studies that shows that you can overconsume calories in a sitting if you still maintain your daily caloric needs say deficit in this case. To me doesn’t matter if I eat 3 or 6 meals a day. Depends all on digestion and my personal preference and needs. And no, they wouldn’t get fat IMO.

Agree.

Exactly. I find it a bit silly when people advise stuff without context, if this was a 60 year old overweight lady asking about a 1500 cal shake to drink after her leisurely evening walk so she can hit 5000cals for the day, then yes express your concern!

1 Like

You should try Ghosts Nutritions vegan protein. According to a lot of people it tastes amazing.

Absolutely👍🏽

That’s not what’s been said!

In general it‘s advantageous to keep your insulin levels balanced during the day!
Simply google insulin sensitivity, sucrose, insulin spike and alike and it’s pretty clear who knows what!

No one says your getting fat from just fruit!

Are you able to loose fat on fruit effectively? Not whilst preserving muscles mass!!!

It‘s the additional/ increased MASSIVE calories consumption AND sucrose, which even worsens things, apart from it not being a good idea to consume this amount of calories in one go anyway!

I advise you to speak to someone who has a little more medical insight/ ecotrophologist!

Oh, wait a second, you guys don’t have that kind of profession…just speak to your dietician…

You sound very excited to be here!

2 Likes

I dont need to, I’ve drank shakes like this and eaten lots and lots of fruit for years, I even down a pint of fruit juice post workout, never been over 15% bodyfat (that’s being generous) I also need to consume close to 4000 cals to just maintain body weight whilst working a manual job.

Like I said, without context your just talking bollocks. Would it be bad for some folks…yes.

1 Like

Just as you wish, but it’s you not knowing what your talking about.

Do you understand the word context?

Have you tried an egg based protein powder? Both my wife and my ex-wife are lactose intolerant and my whey based powder will tear them up inside, but they do well on egg based powders. Also, cricket based protein seems to be catching on lately with some of my friends who can’t do dairy.

Fat: Avocado and/or coconut cream

Carbs: Bananas and/or frozen berries

Protein: Eggs, egg whites, and/or pea protein

Micros: hand full of greens

You can add cocoa powder as well

This will pretty much be an even split with the macros.

A little basil, black pepper, and some lemon juice would fix that right up!

The answer is pretty clear lol

1 Like