100 Singles Challenge

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
You are NOT supposed to use your 1RM or even close to it.

Around 70% is right

You won’t get much permanent physiological supercompensation unless you do it for 2 weeks +

Kubrik recommended a number of different approaches, some of which, were doing same exercise singles EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR. Not just once off.

No doubt doing something like this once off can shock you, but you should not need to. If anything adding it to your normal routine will just stuff up your routine, which, no doubt, is already badly designed because you need to shock it up ie it ain’t working.

Like I said, you need to do these things for 2 weeks + or your body just thinks you had a really, really bad day and heals, but doesn’t super compensate.

Like, “gee, was attacked by a woolly rhino today, I’ll heal but that won’t happen again”.

You need your body to think you are getting attacked by rhinos every day for a couple of weeks.

[/quote]

What kind of program did Kubrik recommend? Sessions per week?

I did it with deadlifts. it was about 15 seconds rest between each rep, continously. I don’t normally do 1 RMs but I do 315 for 5 reps right now, for 5 sets. Struggling with the last 2 sets.

Anyways i did it with 225 with hamstrings almost at a parallel with the floor. I ate 3 lions , 4 crocodiles and a chiuaua that day.

[quote]MikiB wrote:
I ate 3 lions , 4 crocodiles and a chiuaua that day.[/quote]

lol!

I’ve been fairly hungry today as well.

You guys can always just go get a job with heavy manual labor.

That way you can do it 100 times an hour for 7 hours a day, plus get paid for it.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

Around 70% is right [/quote]

Whatever i did it at around 90%, more power to me.

[quote]
You won’t get much permanent physiological supercompensation unless you do it for 2 weeks +

Kubrik recommended a number of different approaches, some of which, were doing same exercise singles EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR. Not just once off.

No doubt doing something like this once off can shock you, but you should not need to. If anything adding it to your normal routine will just stuff up your routine, which, no doubt, is already badly designed because you need to shock it up ie it ain’t working. [/quote]

You never heard of a little experiment? I just did it as a little challenge and i don’t intend to regularly have it in my workout program. Don’t talk shit when you know nothing about my program, or how it is working.

no shit, this isn’t a beginner your talking to here.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

Around 70% is right

[/quote]
Steve Justa recommended a deadlift program where you lift every day. Also with singles, starting at 70%1RM. Do 1 single on Monday, 3 on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday, working up to 15 on Sunday. Then increase the weight by 10lb and repeat the cycle. Once a month retest your 1RM.

I tried this today with the front squat using my body weight (120 kilos) for the load and doing a rep on every 30 seconds. So start rep 1 at :30 rep 2 at 1:00 rep 3 so however long it took to unrack, set up, squat, and re rerack was time off rest time. It was not fun. Well it was fun when I got done because I can say I did it.

I had partner there yelling for me to start my reps and counting. I did it in 50 min. I did full ATG front squats all 100. I hurt like a SOB already. My neck and shoulders are raw, my hands hurt, but I am happy I finished without reducing load or adjusting rest times. I can only imagine tomorrow and the next day :wink:

This was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It took a lot just to finish, I almost threw up twice at 30 reps and at 83 or so.

Before anyone tells me how this won’t help me and yadda yadda, I don’t really give a shit. I did it to see how tough I am and how mental strong I could be in a challenging situation. I think it will do nothing but help my training in the long run but would not do it every week.

I have a specific sports related training goal so it may be different than a lot of guys just looking for hypertrophy, etc.

If you want to see if you can do it be prepared, keep breakfast light, and just get yourself to milestones (1/2, 3/4, 15 more etc) It also helps to call yourself a pussy if you want more rest :wink: actually I yelled it to myself, but my gym is pretty cool about that stuff.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
[/quote]

So you did 100 olympic lifts at 90% of your 1RM in an hour?

Either
a) That weight wasn’t really 90% of your 1RM
b) You have a very low 1RM
c) You are the most slow twitch dominant person in the world.
d) You’re bullshitting
e) You are a freak of nature.

[quote]tpa wrote:
That One Guy wrote:

So you did 100 olympic lifts at 90% of your 1RM in an hour?

Either
a) That weight wasn’t really 90% of your 1RM
b) You have a very low 1RM
c) You are the most slow twitch dominant person in the world.
d) You’re bullshitting
e) You are a freak of nature.[/quote]

Wow i can’t believe this thread was restarted. Uh if i remember correctly, the exercise i chose first was a power clean into a push press and i could only get seventy-some reps out before my delts gave out on me. Most of the second half of that was done using mostly my leg thrust honestly. Then i moved to just straight up power cleans with a heavier weight.

[quote]The first 73 reps i did power clean and press, then after two failed attempts at 74 i had to drop 30 pounds and move to snatches.

Uh if i remember correctly, the exercise i chose first was a power clean into a push press and i could only get seventy-some reps out before my delts gave out on me. Most of the second half of that was done using mostly my leg thrust honestly. Then i moved to just straight up power cleans with a heavier weight.[/quote]

Which one is it?

hmmmmmm…i guess i did it with snatches…i would think i would’ve switched to power cleans…ah well i wrote that the day i did it so i guess it just slipped my memory up to this point. All i remember is that it was brutal hard.

Damn.

I did this with Deadlifts. 90-95% 1RM.

Don’t know when I started or when I finished, but one of the PTs said I was on the platform for about 2 1/2 hours. (good thing they have 4 platforms)