100 Rep Question

OK, your going to have fun with this Jim, so, someone I’m helping a bit with training is doing your 100 rep training, they asked me how anyone could get 100 curls with the MT bar, they found it too heavy to do 100 straight nonstop reps. Anyway I explained that he was allowed to take breather’s throughout the set, as long as he didn’t set the bar down.

So, No big deal, except he told me I had it all wrong, and even quoted you, so at this point I’d usually just say do whatever you want, but instead I made a fun bet out of it. Where the looser has to do 100 burpee’s and film it ( mabey with pink ribbons in they’re hair) Since I’ve never done a burpee, and I’m pretty sure 100 would kill me, I’m hoping I’m right here.

I know this is a pain in the ass question, about somthing that really dosen’t fucking matter, but if you can find the time in your busy day, I’d apreciate it, thanks Jake

From the 100 rep challenge article about half way down the page, “You can rest during the 100-rep set but you can’t put the bar down and you can’t make the exercise “easier” during this time (i.e., lying down during a rest period during the sit-ups). If you’re in doubt of what constitutes rest, you’re probably doing it wrong.”

Show him this video to see how its done.

Thanks that how I took as well, but suposedly, now he’s going by Paul Carter’s 100 rep program, he tells me, and he recomends no rest for all 100 reps. Anyway it really dosen’t fucking matter one way or the other, I was just trying to make a fun bet out of it ( wouldn’t be fun if I lost ) but it’s become confusing, and confusing and weightlifting don’t work well togeather, so i’m bowing out

I thought Jim and Paul invented the thing togeather, but at the end of the day it’s 100 reps, usually for some tiny body part, so what’s it matter, it dosen’t. later

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
OK, your going to have fun with this Jim, so, someone I’m helping a bit with training is doing your 100 rep training, they asked me how anyone could get 100 curls with the MT bar, they found it too heavy to do 100 straight nonstop reps. Anyway I explained that he was allowed to take breather’s throughout the set, as long as he didn’t set the bar down.

So, No big deal, except he told me I had it all wrong, and even quoted you, so at this point I’d usually just say do whatever you want, but instead I made a fun bet out of it. Where the looser has to do 100 burpee’s and film it ( mabey with pink ribbons in they’re hair) Since I’ve never done a burpee, and I’m pretty sure 100 would kill me, I’m hoping I’m right here.

I know this is a pain in the ass question, about somthing that really dosen’t fucking matter, but if you can find the time in your busy day, I’d apreciate it, thanks Jake

[/quote]

I’m not sure of the question. You can stop but you can’t put the bar down.

That was the question, he takes it as your not allowed to stop, so thanks