T Nation

100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites

Hey guys, I was wondering if any body else has tried this product? I just got my first shippment and they are great!! I put 8oz in my protein shakes in lue of water and this adds 26g of protein (They add no taste to your shake) and then add 4 pumps to a skillet for a 5 egg white omelet. I think they are a great product. Check it out at eggwhitesint.com

KraigY

I have to honest with ya. The product itself is intriguing and does appear to be of high quality. However it’s very expensive at least for my purposes. Even if you get the huge 4 gallon tub for 112 bucks it works out to about a buck 75 for 26 grams of protein. Even just using the whites I can get almost twice that for 75 cents less as whole eggs. Since I do eat the yolks too it’s about 85 grams of protein for a buck. I get a dozen and a half for a dollar. I want the fat.

The reason I started looking into it is after doing my food log on fitday.com everyday for a month I started to see the massive amount of fat / calories I was consuming just from egg yolks. I bought the 2 - 1/2 gallon bottles for $32.00 thats 14 dozen egg whites. Which seems like a good deal to me not to mention the convenience.

I’ve used it in the past, it’s pretty sweet being able to chug some egg whites without having to cook them but the shipping is just too expensive.

just buy egg whites from the supermarket its the same thing

Being that it lasts a few months I could see this being a viablee and high quality supplement, but not as a replacement for eggs altogether.

It’s not the same thing. These are pre cooked. Yhey just found a way to keep them in the liquid state. Also you use 8oz of this and one scoop of protein powder for 46g protein so your saving on the protein powder.

The whites in the grocery store actually end up being cheaper.
4 bucks for 1000 mls(2 X 500ml). So bout 16 bucks cdn per gallon or so.
I go through a good 500 mls a day. Good quality protein at a reasonable price.
See Ya

Kraig seems to be pretty persistent that his er-this product is the greateast thing since sliced bread. Nice try. Your infomercial-style spiel gives you away though.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
Kraig seems to be pretty persistent that his er-this product is the greateast thing since sliced bread. Nice try. Your infomercial-style spiel gives you away though. [/quote]

All I am doing is sharing about a new product that I think is great. To say I have some affiliation with the company is a statement that is insulting.

Been using pasteurized egg whites from the grocery store that are sold in 1 quart containers for between $4-6 depending if they are on sale. Being pasteurized, they are completely safe, but do not fluff well (a good thing, since I use them in my PWO shakes, and not to make meringue).

I just assumed they were in every grocery store in the dairy section next to the eggs. Why you would want to order a pricey, online version is beyond me.

I’m a big fan of keeping the cost to calorie ratio as low as possible, so I doubt I’ll be trying it.

However, with any luck, more companies will start making high quality egg white products, which should drive the price down.

Unfortunately, those pesky egg yolks also contain the most nutritional part of the egg: all the vitamins, minerals, and fat. The protein is fine, but is of secondary importance to the micronutrients in the egg.

Only the overemphasis placed on protein by most recreational/professional bodybuilders would lead to a market for a product like this. (That and the misconceptions regarding saturated fat and cholesterol.)

Throwing away an egg yolk It is akin to going to the shoestore, buying a box of shoes, discarding the shoes inside, then keeping and praising the shoe box This particular product is a bit like buying the empty box right from the beginning, except paying twice as much for a box with the soon-to-be-discarded shoes inside.

what do pasteurized egg whites frmo the supermarket taste like?

i dont mind eating something with eggs in it, i just cannot get myself to eat eggs. i cant stand the smell or taste. but i can eat cakes or any baked product with eggs.

so if i could somehow take these in with protien powder or something, that would be amazing. especially since i dont eat meats other than some fish twice a week.

i also wish i could eat egg yolks too, but like i said, cant stand the taste or smell. any suggestions? as a vegetarian (or pescatarian might be more accurate) i really do need to eat more fats and cholesterol.

of course all of this is in the future, im living in Egypt now where you can’t get pasteurized eggs in the supermarket. gotta wait a couple years.

[quote]silencer wrote:
what do pasteurized egg whites from the supermarket taste like?
[/quote]

Like pretty near nothing. When going down they almost remind me of skim milk. I drink a cup at a time and then usually chase the end of it with something else to drink. That twice a day is a good 50 grams of protien.
See Ya

I don’t get the impression that this guy is doing anything other than what he says and I could see the usefulness of this as a protein booster. However, like I say, it’s too much money for what it is and I have to go along with eic. I eat 12-15 whole eggs a day just because I want the yolks.

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
silencer wrote:
what do pasteurized egg whites from the supermarket taste like?

Like pretty near nothing. When going down they almost remind me of skim milk. I drink a cup at a time and then usually chase the end of it with something else to drink. That twice a day is a good 50 grams of protien.
See Ya[/quote]

thanks. cant wait to go to canada. things are gonna be so much easier there.

btw regarding the pasteurized egg whites. i read in more than one forum that:

Avidin, an enzyme found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids.

there’s also this study (http://ajpgi.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/277/5/G935) that shows that if you cook the eggs, your body uses 94% of it, but if you eat them raw, your body only uses 65%. That’s a lot of wasted protein.

the 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are somehow supposed to be cooked, so the extra money paid might be worth it.