100+ Pound Dumbells

Where can I find dumbells in the low 100 pound range, say 100s-135s?

I had to make mine using some old handles I was gifted and a bunch of standard weights. I keep a hex wrench handy.

I also use some spinlock dumbbell handles and 25’s when I don’t need to rest the DB ends on my chest.

You can also check craigslist, but I’m finding it’s pretty rare for a home lifter with stuff to sell to own DB’s higher than 50 lbs.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Where can I find dumbells in the low 100 pound range, say 100s-135s?[/quote]

try play it again sports,craigslist,make some,or buy power blocks.

i have the olympic db handles, u can load each one with at least 100 just by using 10’s so they really dont get in the way today ill probably test how many i can fit

[quote]bignate wrote:
i have the olympic db handles, u can load each one with at least 100 just by using 10’s so they really dont get in the way today ill probably test how many i can fit[/quote]

I can put 4 10’s on each side for 80 pounds plus the handle.

I have fit a 25, and 3 10s on each side, but the collars loosen up after a few sets.

Where then do I get good handles and collars?

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/products.asp?dept=15

Definitely not cheap, but good.

If you know anyone with welding skills you could have them made. A straight piece of steel of the appropriate diameter, weld washers or something in place as a plate stop, and find some collars or something to work as them and you have some.

I got lucky and found 95-120 lb. hex dbs on craigslist. I now have 5-85 and 95-120. I just need a set of 90s.

Also, do an ebay search for dumbbell and you will come up with empty db handles that can hold up to 8 10# plates per side (160# db).

efs has them for 30-50 i think

[quote]bignate wrote:
i have the olympic db handles, u can load each one with at least 100 just by using 10’s so they really dont get in the way today ill probably test how many i can fit[/quote]

x2
I got 187 on mine I used 22lb plates tho as they arent much bigger than the 10lb plates and was only using them for single bent over rows.

Ow and mine were an xmas present so i dont know where they came from.

Oly DB handles + four 25 lbs plates per handle. That’s 110 lbs + whatever other plates you have laying around. DB handles will hold 4 plates per side, so 210 lbs total.

Just get good compression collars.

You can get some made, but steel is expensive. I looked in to getting a pair of 160’s made and they were going to run me close to $400 and in these hard times I dont have that to spend on dumbbells so Ill have to get them later. But if you got the money get them made.

My gym has DBs up to 220lb.

glee