T Nation

100 Miles On 4oz of Water

If I were in the oild industry,I’d be worried sick over this:
A vechicle that runs on water…100 miles on 4 oz of water,to be exact.
The future sure does look bright for this guy.

Heh, thats pretty amazing.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
If I were in the oild industry,I’d be worried sick over this:
A vechicle that runs on water…100 miles on 4 oz of water,to be exact.
The future sure does look bright for this guy.

This kind of technology has been around for years. The oil industry will never let this be commercially manufactured. They have too much clout.

Future does look good, the multi-billionaire oil industry is gonna buy is patent for more money then an army of women set loose in a mall on boxing day can spend, even for a year long boxing day, and they’ll even throw in a brand new SUV

It’s been done before…

Unf’n believable. I hope it is half as good as it sounds.

You guys never took much chem, I guess.

This guys uses electricity to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen gases, then they react with each other, releasing heat, and turning back into water. What he’s not doing is using water as an energy source. The energy he gets out of the reaction can only be as great as the energy he put in to separate the gases initially. In fact, in any real system, some of that energy is always going to be lost. It may be that this is a more efficient way of delivering energy in some applications, but they are not replacing gasoline with water. Nobody is ever going to be able to do that, because the water molecule is too stable.

You conspiracy theory dorks are pathetic. Because you don’t understand high school chemistry, you’re more inclined to believe that there’s an evil conspiracy suppressing the magic car that runs on water than that there will never be a car that runs on water, because water doesn’t burn.

Yeah, I’m surprised he didn’t claim it was cold fusion.

[quote]Magister Ludi wrote:
Yeah, I’m surprised he didn’t claim it was cold fusion.[/quote]

He couldnt have… I already figured that out, I got my name on the patent.

First of all,I never said there was any conspiracy with the oil company.
They wouldn’t want to go out of business, though.
Second of all,it converts H2O to HHO.
It’s not running on pure water,but it is USING water( to seperate water into hydrogen and oxygen gases).In other words,it’s dependent on water.No matter what you want to call it,the vehicle on the video was using water,but was not running on pure water.The guy himself said he drove 100 miles on about 4oz.
Too many people have jobs with the oil industry.I believe the oil industry will do whatever it can do to hold on to it’s place at the top.
So,to say it runs on pure water would be a false claim.But it does use water.
So,yes,the future does look bright.Why does it matter if the vehicle runs on water or not? The point is that the vehicle USES water and not gas.That is the whole point.
So please stop calling everyone childish names and grow up.

[quote]DTLV wrote:
You guys never took much chem, I guess.

This guys uses electricity to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen gases, then they react with each other, releasing heat, and turning back into water. What he’s not doing is using water as an energy source. The energy he gets out of the reaction can only be as great as the energy he put in to separate the gases initially. In fact, in any real system, some of that energy is always going to be lost. It may be that this is a more efficient way of delivering energy in some applications, but they are not replacing gasoline with water. Nobody is ever going to be able to do that, because the water molecule is too stable.

You conspiracy theory dorks are pathetic. Because you don’t understand high school chemistry, you’re more inclined to believe that there’s an evil conspiracy suppressing the magic car that runs on water than that there will never be a car that runs on water, because water doesn’t burn.[/quote]

From reading online in various sources, the HHO or Brown’s or Klein’s gas seem to be mostly pseudoscience that manage to catch the media’s eye, especially since ‘‘debunking’’ articles on it have been written on it for around a decade.

Discussing the gas:

Discussing water electrolysis and the electric car:

Haven’t found anything credible up till now on the subject.

Sounds like the perpetual movement machine.

AlexH

Don’t get your hopes up just yet. Anyone ever heard of Brown’s Gas?

Just because somebody files a patent doesn’t mean the device will actually work.

(And I agree; the conspiracy theory some of you are suggesting makes for good comedy.)

The video said the government was planning to put it into humvees. Would they do that with a pseudo science?

[quote]Dandalex wrote:
From reading online in various sources, the HHO or Brown’s or Klein’s gas seem to be mostly pseudoscience that manage to catch the media’s eye, especially since ‘‘debunking’’ articles on it have been written on it for around a decade.

Discussing the gas:

Discussing water electrolysis and the electric car:

Haven’t found anything credible up till now on the subject.

Sounds like the perpetual movement machine.

AlexH[/quote]

Oops, you beat me to the punch. Didn’t see your post.

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
The video said the government was planning to put it into humvees. Would they do that with a pseudo science?[/quote]

It said that the company was developing a hummer, i.e. it’s not a finished product yet. Time will tell, but I wouldn’t bet any money on it being successful.

There is a sucker born every minute.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Magister Ludi wrote:
Yeah, I’m surprised he didn’t claim it was cold fusion.

He couldnt have… I already figured that out, I got my name on the patent.[/quote]

Who would you say was more of a help to you on that patent, Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
There is a sucker born every minute.[/quote]

Some minutes there are two…

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
There is a sucker born every minute.

Some minutes there are two…[/quote]

And Galleleo was killed for insisting the earth was round, and the greatest physicist at the time laughed openly about the wright brothers, claiming that he had already disproved that men could fly and how funny it was that two bycycle repair men from the US somehow think they have discovered how to do it. Some of you science buffs need to study a bit of history now and then also.

The one thing any scientist or even rational person should know is that we know embarrasingly little about how things work. Anything is possible to an extent. Surely a simple compound like water which is two thirds hydrogen and one third oxygen has enourmous energy potential. Also consider a catalyst, they have been known to radically alster standard chemical reactions, thus maybe there is a catalyst which acts to separate water into it’s parts with much less energy than normally required. I’m not saying believe everything you read see or hear, but it is possible that this guy is onto something.

V

Well, my “conspiracy theory dorks” comment was directed at dukefan4ever and Zen warrior, but whatever.

The big problem with stupid people is that they’re stupid, obviously. However, the EVEN BIGGER problem with stupid people is that they don’t know that they’re stupid. See this link for more on that topic, including one of the funniest quotes in the history of mankind “but I wore the juice”:
http://content.apa.org/journals/psp/77/6/1121.html?sid=d7472d9a-4720-432b-a87b-25de15da22aa

You don’t understand chemistry, which is one thing. It’s not that big a deal: chemistry is kind of complicated, but if you wanted to learn about it, you could. The real problem here is that you don’t understand the difference between people who do understand chemistry (like me, and the other people who are laughing at you) and the people who don’t (like you, dukefan and ZW.)

What is HHO?

How is it different from H2O?

Where did the 4 oz of water go? (if all the HHO “burned” turns back into water, why would you ever lose any of it?)

How is it possible to turn H2O into HHO, and then back to H20 with a net gain of energy without violating the first law of thermodynamics?

What is the first law of thermodynamics?

If you can’t answer any of those questions (and I bet you can’t even answer one without googling), you don’t know enough to evaluate the truth or falsehood of any of this guy’s claims.

Water doesn’t burn. You can turn water into hydrogen and oxygen gases, which do burn, but the energy you get from burning them is ALWAYS going to be less than or equal to the energy you put into separating them from each other in the first place.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
First of all,I never said there was any conspiracy with the oil company.
They wouldn’t want to go out of business, though.
Second of all,it converts H2O to HHO.
It’s not running on pure water,but it is USING water( to seperate water into hydrogen and oxygen gases).In other words,it’s dependent on water.No matter what you want to call it,the vehicle on the video was using water,but was not running on pure water.The guy himself said he drove 100 miles on about 4oz.
Too many people have jobs with the oil industry.I believe the oil industry will do whatever it can do to hold on to it’s place at the top.
So,to say it runs on pure water would be a false claim.But it does use water.
So,yes,the future does look bright.Why does it matter if the vehicle runs on water or not? The point is that the vehicle USES water and not gas.That is the whole point.
So please stop calling everyone childish names and grow up.
[/quote]

Doesn’t look very promising to me. What is promising is corn-run cars someday.