100,000 lbs.

my workouts are always over 9,000

just ask Vegita

im gonna seated calf raise the shit out of that 100,000 lbs workout to just get SHREDDED and jacked them fuckers UUUPPP

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
SSC wrote:
Standard Donkey wrote:
i’ve known someone who made it his goal to move 20,000 pounds in one half hour of lifting.

How?

Pretty damn easy to accomplish if you are doing barbell complexes or something. Grab a 100 pound bar, do 10 of each:

Stiff leg dead lifts
Regular Deadlifts
shoulder press
Squat
BB Row
Bench Press

Thats 6,000 pounds right there. Do 12 of each and you are looking at 7,200 pounds. 3 sets and you are already at 20,000

In general I think the whole x-number of pounds moved during a workout is largely useless. Whats going to stimulate the chest more:

135 pounds lifting 12 times(1620 pounds total) or 315 pounds lifted 5 times (1575 pounds total) ?? One is a warm up, the other is a workout.[/quote]

Yes, in some ways. But at the same time this method of volume control has its uses. It has been very popular with many european O-lifting programs, and the Soviets were pretty big on it.

Basically you have to keep the intensity above a minimum threshold for it to work (like, if you squat 500, don’t do it with 100 lbs), but it can be very useful to estimate the total load a lifter is under. Generally, the cut-off level I’ve seen is about 60% although it varies from about 55%-65% depending on the coach. Volume done below the cut-off level is not counted in total tonnage. Increasing the total tonnage from month to month is a practical guarantee of progress, and it is typically broken down into high, med, low, very high weeks for both .

btw, Sheiko is a program that uses a similar method of control and progression for the volume.