10 Tips to Gain 1 lb of Muscle/wk

A patriots fan I follow retweeted it.
just looking at the tweet pisses me off
i haven’t read the ‘tips’ yet
url: http://ow.ly/4GHjJ

ok more protein
and eat more

A. Your weight in pounds.
B. Multiply A by 12 to get your basic calorie needs.
C. Multiply B by 1.6 to estimate your resting metabolic rate (calorie burn without factoring in exercise).
D. Strength training: Multiply the number of minutes you lift weights per week by 5.
E. Aerobic training: Multiply the number of minutes per week that you run, cycle, and play sports by 8.
F. Add D and E, and divide by 7.
G. Add C and F to get your daily calorie needs.
H. Add 500 to G. This is your estimated daily calorie needs to gain 1 pound a week.

lift every other day

Eat Every 3 Hours

Have a bowl of ice cream (any kind) 2 hours after your workout. According to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, this snack triggers a surge of insulin better than most foods do. And that’ll put a damper on post-workout protein breakdown.

Milk before bed

WOW thats so easy at least 1 lb of muscle a week
So I’ll assume I’ll gain 2 lbs a week.
No mention of the every other day workout intensity.
So i’m going to do curls in the squat rack

OMG I’ve been pi r^2 my weight to get my daily caloric intake!
I’m so screwed!

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
[/quote]

This is where you fucked up, Patriots fans are all fucking crazy and talk funny. :slight_smile:

Man, if I would’ve known this 20 years ago when I started lifting I could be 830lbs now!!!

i’ll admit, i know little about nutrition. but, i did the math and it says i should get 4800 calories per day, to get 1 pound per week. when i bulked, i got about 250-300 grams of protein and 5000-5500 calories and got something more than a pound per week, so i dont think this was extremely off. again, im 18 and know almost nothing, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
i’ll admit, i know little about nutrition. but, i did the math and it says i should get 4800 calories per day, to get 1 pound per week. when i bulked, i got about 250-300 grams of protein and 5000-5500 calories and got something more than a pound per week, so i dont think this was extremely off. again, im 18 and know almost nothing, so… :P[/quote]

Yeah, but you are 18, likely to be active, and have a faster metabolism. I thought the formula was way off… the average readership of Men’s Health is likely to be about 35 years old. Somehow I doubt the average 200 lb slob browsing that site is going to need to pack in 5k calories a day in order to build muscle.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
[/quote]

This is where you fucked up, Patriots fans are all fucking crazy and talk funny. :)[/quote]

This~

Sorry OP - epic fail.

[quote]challer1 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
i’ll admit, i know little about nutrition. but, i did the math and it says i should get 4800 calories per day, to get 1 pound per week. when i bulked, i got about 250-300 grams of protein and 5000-5500 calories and got something more than a pound per week, so i dont think this was extremely off. again, im 18 and know almost nothing, so… :P[/quote]

Yeah, but you are 18, likely to be active, and have a faster metabolism. I thought the formula was way off… the average readership of Men’s Health is likely to be about 35 years old. Somehow I doubt the average 200 lb slob browsing that site is going to need to pack in 5k calories a day in order to build muscle.[/quote]

i agree with you, maybe a more precise type should take into account lean mass only? dunno…

lol mens health

lol

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
[/quote]

This is where you fucked up, Patriots fans are all fucking crazy and talk funny. :)[/quote]

This~

Sorry OP - epic fail.[/quote]

Thanks Edgy I knew you or Print would have my back on this.

i pound of muscle or fat???

frank zane had a hell of of nutritionist and coach and knew a bit himself about the weightlifting game… he said 7 pounds of pure muscle is all you can put on in a years time, eating well, and training like a mad man… all these clowns that say they put on 20 poundsof muscle over the summer months and guys who say the gained 20-30 pounds of muscle in a year are slobs. full of shit slobs…

the tweet said AT LEAST one pound of muscle a week
i told the pats fan, go to T-Nation.com if you wanna lift

and i’m a patriots fan! damn you guys lol

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

and i’m a patriots fan! damn you guys lol[/quote]

OMG so you talk funny. Well I have yet to hear or see you in the NFL thread, you are welcome to come and talk shit with the other Pats fan RANDMAN. We only talk football, no TMZ football talk, gently shit talking welcome.

Oh and sorry to hear about your slight retardation by being a pats fan. :slight_smile:

[quote]spk wrote:
i pound of muscle or fat???

frank zane had a hell of of nutritionist and coach and knew a bit himself about the weightlifting game… he said 7 pounds of pure muscle is all you can put on in a years time, eating well, and training like a mad man… all these clowns that say they put on 20 poundsof muscle over the summer months and guys who say the gained 20-30 pounds of muscle in a year are slobs. full of shit slobs…[/quote]

wait… weren’t you the one saying that you looked like “a lean Frank Zane” and then disappeared from that thread after being asked for a pic?

Ever gonna put up a picture of your lean frank zane like physique? (you know… cause zane was known for being a little soft. I bet a lean version of him would look great)

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
A patriots fan I follow retweeted…
…tweet…
[/quote]

^[1]THIS[/b] is where you went wrong… twitter.

1. b ↩︎

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

OMG so you talk funny. Well I have yet to hear or see you in the NFL thread, you are welcome to come and talk shit with the other Pats fan RANDMAN. We only talk football, no TMZ football talk, gently shit talking welcome.

Oh and sorry to hear about your slight retardation by being a pats fan. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Its sucks living here in New England
those parades fucked up my decade, you know the celts, red sox, patriots parades
oh i’m busy tonight, Bruins rready to to dismiss the Canadians
Celts won’t be on for week, they took the knicks in 4 games
oh sox are on, they are on fire
it sucks being a new england fan

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
A patriots fan I follow retweeted…
…tweet…
[/quote]

^[1]THIS[/b] is where you went wrong… twitter.[/quote]

dude twitter rules, i don’t follow kardasians
I follow boston sports writers, national sports writers, dave tate and elite
Shugart, leans gains dude, reauters

if something happens in sports, its on twitter FIRST

1. b ↩︎

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

Oh and sorry to hear about your slight retardation by being a pats fan. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Its sucks living here in New England
those parades fucked up my decade, you know the celts, red sox, patriots parades
oh i’m busy tonight, Bruins rready to to dismiss the Canadians
Celts won’t be on for week, they took the knicks in 4 games
oh sox are on, they are on fire
it sucks being a new england fan

[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahaha I used to be a celts fan when the NBA still played real basketball. I dont follow baseball I just today found out the MLB is still actually playing.

Now the Pats can they beat a good defense? Picture for you at one of those parades. :slight_smile:

The patriots fan sent me a message with link to MH’s 8 perfect foods

this is perfect?

PB&J or Pasta With Meat Sauce

Good for: Muscle building and repair?

The perfect post-weight training repast has about 400 calories, with 20 to 30 grams of protein (to build new muscle) and 50 to 65 grams of carbohydrates (to repair old muscle). Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or a small bowl of pasta with meat sauce fits that formula.

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
The perfect post-weight training repast has about 400 calories, with 20 to 30 grams of protein (to build new muscle) and 50 to 65 grams of carbohydrates (to repair old muscle).[/quote]

its science bro… dont knock it cause you dont understand it

lololo