'10 Secrets To Building Mass' by Dan John

Thinking about giving this one a go: 10 Secrets to Building Mass

Any of you guys here who’s actually tried this one out?

It’s basic, got good frequency and most of all totally different from what I would normally do.

Only thing I think is missing is direct calf work, but that can easily be put in there in my view…

All input is appreciated :slight_smile:

[quote]Roy M wrote:
Only thing I think is missing is direct calf work, but that can easily be put in there in my view…[/quote]
It’s also “missing” direct work for side and rear delts, triceps, and abs. But that’s okay. Stick to the plan as-is.

It’s only six weeks. The clean and press, squats, farmer’s will hit your calves well enough.

I hear ya alright :slight_smile:

I guess old habits are hard to break, and that’s pretty much why I’m thinking about trying this program - to get out of the old rut of many different movements pr body part that I have a secret love for…that makes high frequency pretty impossible to do.

Anyways, I still would like to know if anybody here has tried it for the full 6 weeks and what experience they have.

[quote]Roy M wrote:
Anyways, I still would like to know if anybody here has tried it for the full 6 weeks and what experience they have.[/quote]

I have tried various Dan John’s work outs and was never disappointed.

Hope you start today. You will see results. And as noted above, do it as is. After 6 weeks, you can re evaluate.

I’m always intrigued with that kind of question (I am not being condescending nor do I want to say “just do it noob”). What kind of answer are you expecting? If you don;t want to answer, that is fine. I am just very curious on the questions asked.

Well, what I’m interested in hearing is what kinda gains people feel they got from this - if it’s mostly strength or hypertrophy etc, if they feel it’s heavy on the biceps with chins, rows and biceps curls and so on…

I have previously tried GVT and it killed my brachialis doing all those chins and curls.

Myself I am more concerned with hypertrophy, I care much more on how I look than how much I lift. (And yes, I do know that one usually follows the other, but you know what I mean :wink: )

So, I’m just curious if anybody here has done this exact program and how they liked it :slight_smile:

You might want to check Dan John’s forum for more input. I can’t post a link here, but he has a subforum on Dave Draper’s website.

[quote]LiftingStrumpet wrote:
You might want to check Dan John’s forum for more input. I can’t post a link here, but he has a subforum on Dave Draper’s website.[/quote]

I sure will do, thanks :slight_smile:

So, after a few weeks off due to the flu I finally have started this program. I did some morre reading on danjohn.net and spent the first week finding the weights etc. Two weeks in and I can surely say I’m looking forward to each session. It takes a good hour and I feel powerful after finishing the workouts, a nice contrast to being drained like I’m used to. Due to some shoulder issues at the moment I’m using a barbell for the clean and press and floor press instead of normal benching. I also use fat gripz on floor press and EZ curls.

I can really say I recommend this program for everyone wanting to try something different or get out of a rut, because this has brought my training joy back after a little “dry spell” :slight_smile:

Another good thing is the fact I’m training my whole body each session and missing a workout doesn’t make a single body part suffer etc…