T Nation

10 Second Rule

I was just wondering what kind of “10 second rule” everyone here at T-Nation uses.

Personally, I eat anything that hits the floor within 10 seconds unless it is of gooey consistency (i.e. Jello, Pudding, Oatmeal) or lands in the trash. The exception is if the gooey food hits the tile in my kitchen (or bathroom, if I am eating on the john).

Any thoughts?

-Fireplug

10 seconds? That’s dumb. I mean, what are you, like 3? I just keep my house clean, so if I wander through the kitchen and find a nice t-bone on the floor, it’s quickly on a plate and soon after in my belly. hahaha … no offense man :wink:

Bastard F*ck Guy

If it’s good food, I’m going to get it no matter what! And hopefully, I’ll get it before the dog.

Personally I use the 5 second rule depending on when my last meal was

I dunno man, I use the 3-second rule, but 10 seconds? What, are you having a debate with yourself over whether it’s worth bending over or not?

I’m a big fan of the 10 second rule. Unfortunately my Chihuahua/Terrier mix is really fast, he can hear food hitting the ground from across the house. So sometimes it’s only a 1 second rule! It does depend on the food though. I had a piece of my favorite pizza land face down (of course) on the kitchen floor. I plucked off a couple dog hairs and didn’t give it a second thought. Yum!
Speaking of hair in food though, I found one of mine one time. I was eating Cheeseburger Macaroni (think mac & cheese with onions, ketchup, mustard and hamburger in it, super good) and noticed something weird in my mouth. I had been helping my wife cook with my hair down, oops. I have pretty long hair, especially for a guy. Pulling a yard long hair out of your mouth is kind of disturbing, even if it is yours.

To-Shin Do

At my place we have the .0002 second rule which means if that shit hits the floor it has dog hair, lint, and probably some kind of bacteria immediately attached.

Note: I am not proud of this.

Yep, two words. Dog hair!

[quote]ToShinDo wrote:
I’m a big fan of the 10 second rule. Unfortunately my Chihuahua/Terrier mix is really fast, he can hear food hitting the ground from across the house. So sometimes it’s only a 1 second rule! It does depend on the food though. I had a piece of my favorite pizza land face down (of course) on the kitchen floor. I plucked off a couple dog hairs and didn’t give it a second thought. Yum!
Speaking of hair in food though, I found one of mine one time. I was eating Cheeseburger Macaroni (think mac & cheese with onions, ketchup, mustard and hamburger in it, super good) and noticed something weird in my mouth. I had been helping my wife cook with my hair down, oops. I have pretty long hair, especially for a guy. Pulling a yard long hair out of your mouth is kind of disturbing, even if it is yours.

To-Shin Do[/quote]

Nothing is weirder then a similarly long hair under your foreskin.

My rule goes like this. If I dropped it, and stayed in the room the whole time, then I can go back to it at any time to eat it. If i leave the room, then an inspection of the food is in order.

If I don’t know where the food came from, yet it is still clearly a food, then I look over my left shoulder… then my right… then I slyly eat said food product.

-Dave

[quote]AKA wrote:
ToShinDo wrote:

To-Shin Do

Nothing is weirder then a similarly long hair under your foreskin.[/quote]

What also sucks is when you get one caught inn your ass crack after a shower. You bend over to dry your legs and you have a little tail hanging down.