T Nation

10 or 12 Weeks?

If You had 6 grams Test-C and it was your first cycle how would you run it? 600mg/wk for 10 wks or 500mg/wk for 12 wks?

I’m aware of most of the pros and cons of both options but that is all from reading. Any advice from anyone with hands on experience is appreciated.

Since test c is a longer ester, why don’t you consider frontloading and doing 10 weeks at 500. As it is, you wonthit peak levels for several weeks with either cycle. Make sure you read and comprehend the stickies on AIs and pct.

Personally, I think frontloading is one of the keys to maximizing a moderate test only cycle. It has worked well for me.

So two injections of 500mg the first week and then 2x 250mg a week thereafter? Only worry is any adverse reactions as this is the first cycle.

As far as ancillaries go I’m all set for:
Adex week 1-10 - 0.5mg eod
Hcg week 3-5 days before pct - 250iu 2x/week
Pct - Tamoxifen - 40/40/20/20

On that note shall I keep on the Adex until right up to pct?

id go for 500/12 weeks

run adex to start of pct

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
id go for 500/12 weeks

run adex to start of pct[/quote]

Thanks for the input

Why not the front load?

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

id go for 500/12 weeks

Thanks for the input

Why not the front load?

[/quote]

because front loading is gay

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

id go for 500/12 weeks

Thanks for the input

Why not the front load?

[/quote]

because front loading is gay[/quote]

I thought it was back-loading that was gay

Anyone else want to chime in on the front-loading situation or the cycle in general please do

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

id go for 500/12 weeks

Thanks for the input

Why not the front load?

[/quote]

Anyone else want to chime in on the front-loading situation or the cycle in general please do[/quote]

x2 in the front-loading. Mr. walkway is still in the closet, so until he comes out like th rest of us, he just has to play it cool.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

id go for 500/12 weeks

Thanks for the input

Why not the front load?

[/quote]

Anyone else want to chime in on the front-loading situation or the cycle in general please do[/quote]

x2 in the front-loading. Mr. walkaway is still in the closet, so until he comes out like th rest of us, he just has to play it cool.[/quote]

In the closet? I’d say he’s firmly out with some of his comments I’ve seen around here lately. Is ghey a side effect of AAS use that no-one told me about? :wink:

Would you suggest 500mg x2 the first week then 250 2x/week for the following 9 then?

when you run test too high anything starts to look good

Would you suggest 500mg x2 the first week then 250 2x/week for the following 9 then?
[/quote]

Exactly, of course sides can always be an issue at any level but if you got sides after 1000mg the first week you very likely would have got them at 500mg. It’s not like a speed limit where one side you are fine and then step over and you are fucked. Your body is already used to test. One week of a high dose is not crazy. Far more people do meth with no regards for any sides. You are going down a well travelled road. Test sides are more to your degree of comfort and for any that manifest there is plenty of info on how to treat.

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

[quote]Dieseldave wrote:

id go for 500/12 weeks

Thanks for the input

Why not the front load?

[/quote]

x2 in the front-loading. Mr. walkaway is still in the closet, so until he comes out like th rest of us, he just has to play it cool.[/quote]

In the closet? I’d say he’s firmly out with some of his comments I’ve seen around here lately. Is ghey a side effect of AAS use that no-one told me about? :wink:

[/quote]

I would run a gram for five weeks, plus front loading hence the five weeks not six.

This argument gets covered pretty frequently as it always ends the same way in a pissing match of " in my experience yada yada yada".

The difference between 10 to 12 weeks wont matter when you only have 6 grams of test to work with total.

The measurable difference between 500mg and 600mg over a 10 week period would be as minute as gnat balls.

Yes front loading is effective at the right dose but thats down the road for you.

My advise its your first cycle, make it as SIMPLE and ENJOYABLE as possible. There is no reason to make this rocket science.
If your shit is dosed a 250mg run it at 500mg per week if its 200 or 300mg run at 600. Just get your feet wet, learn what you personally need AI wise and how you, your training, diet respond.

You have many future cycles down the road to get crazy and experiment on your self. Think of this as establishing a base line.

Happy Pinning!

And MassiveGuns yes a gram a week is a nice maintenance dose, lol.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
This argument gets covered pretty frequently as it always ends the same way in a pissing match of " in my experience yada yada yada".

The difference between 10 to 12 weeks wont matter when you only have 6 grams of test to work with total.

The measurable difference between 500mg and 600mg over a 10 week period would be as minute as gnat balls.

Yes front loading is effective at the right dose but thats down the road for you.

My advise its your first cycle, make it as SIMPLE and ENJOYABLE as possible. There is no reason to make this rocket science.
If your shit is dosed a 250mg run it at 500mg per week if its 200 or 300mg run at 600. Just get your feet wet, learn what you personally need AI wise and how you, your training, diet respond.

You have many future cycles down the road to get crazy and experiment on your self. Think of this as establishing a base line.

Happy Pinning!

And MassiveGuns yes a gram a week is a nice maintenance dose, lol. [/quote]

For the sake of not complicating things I’ll most likely go with this. 600mg/wk.

Front loading such a large amount for a first cycle just seems too risky, I’ll take the slow and steady approach and establish a baseline.

Thanks for all the input

Frontload, trust me

Can’t believe how this has split, I thought there would be one general consensus

[quote]lbraga wrote:
Frontload, trust me [/quote]

Would you do it like this then?
week 1 - Monday 500, Thursday 500
Weeks 2-11 - Monday 250, Thursday 250

Please keep the opinions coming, juiced, rds, buds, SB, anyone else I forgot. It’d be interesting to get a wide range of opinions on this, especially since I hadn’t even considered fl’ing before this thread!

Thanks

You can keep it simple your first run and not frontload, me personally though I will always frontload

Yeah man we pretty much all agree on the benefits of front loading. I mainly suggested you didnt front load because you had limited amount of gear.

Ideally shell out the extra $35-40 and get another vial of test and front load a 12 weeker at 600mg.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Yeah man we pretty much all agree on the benefits of front loading. I mainly suggested you didnt front load because you had limited amount of gear.

Ideally shell out the extra $35-40 and get another vial of test and front load a 12 weeker at 600mg.[/quote]

Fair enough, so can we assume that it’s not worth front-loading 1g the first week if its then only 500mg/wk for 11 wks total?

1200mg in one go?! Would you split that up eg. 600 in each glute on the same day?

I see no problem frontloading then running for 11 weeks

I think he means frontload 1200mg the first week not in one Injection