T Nation

10 Minute Workout

So yesterday I was at the gym and the guy who works there told me that it was closing early. I had only been there for 5 minutes and didn’t want to waste a trip to the gym so for 10 minutes I just did various complexes until I was told to leave. Obviously 10 minutes is a pathetic amount of time but I wanted to make sure my Workout Fuel didn’t go to waste.

This made me think to ask everyone here a question. If you only had 10 minutes what exercise would you do?

Deads

[quote]Sexxxton wrote:
Deads[/quote]

snatch grip deadlifts from a deficit

do I win a prize?

IMO, Deads would take too long to set up.

I would do a Tabata, then either do some core afterwards or attempt another Tabata to completely exhaust me.

A super set of dumbell pullovers, kroc rows and dumbbell press. All right there on one bench. Then I would go to another gym and pay them their fee and finish up if that were possible. I have a few gyms in my area so I can change up when holiday close time and such become an issue.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:
IMO, Deads would take too long to set up.

I would do a Tabata, then either do some core afterwards or attempt another Tabata to completely exhaust me.[/quote]

How long does it take you to put weight on the bar?

Besides, tabata workouts can easily be done outside the gym.

Most beginners will get far more out of deadlifting than HIIT and core work.

I would do 1 or 2 sets of very high reps squats, easily. Once I went to the gym, squatted 70 reps with 135, and that was it. Try it, you’ll understand why.

barbell with 135lbs.

snatch, OHP, lower to behind the neck, squat, press, return to start position

do a bunch

the Bear Complex with heavy weight. It’s a power clean, front squat, push press, back squat. You can go heavy by only doing 1 rep/each movement, it’s a good strength builder if you’re short on time.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
the Bear Complex with heavy weight. It’s a power clean, front squat, push press, back squat. You can go heavy by only doing 1 rep/each movement, it’s a good strength builder if you’re short on time. [/quote]

x2

[quote]JCholeras wrote:
If you only had 10 minutes what exercise would you do?[/quote]

If it was supposed to be any kind of upper body day, I’d go hang clean and press for doubles or triples, increasing the weight each set.

If it was supposed to be a lower body day, I’d go do a thorough warm-up and a two-minute leg press:

Consider it punishment for not knowing ahead of time that the gym was closing early. :wink:

super setting pull ups/chins with dips and hanging leg raises.

otherwise high rep squats are pretty awesome

depends what i felt needing working on most, probly back or legs for me, so squats or bent over rows?

Stretch N Go home!

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
the Bear Complex with heavy weight. It’s a power clean, front squat, push press, back squat. You can go heavy by only doing 1 rep/each movement, it’s a good strength builder if you’re short on time. [/quote]

I kind of did this today.

8 power cleans
8 front squats
8 push press

I did 3 sets of that then 3 sets of barbell reverse lunges… it was pretty aweful but didnt take very long at all

.greg.