10 Minute Squat Challenge - Any Brave Enough to Try?

I know someone hurt you in the past, but I’m not like those people. It’s gonna be ok, we will get thru this and I will post a video.

4 Likes

Lots of strategy in this challenge. You need something in the tank for mins 8, 9 and 10.

15 reps a min would be 150 reps. That’s a rep every 4 secs. 150 reps would probably win this challenge, no?

Just for shits and giggles I started front squatting the bar, hit 20, chuckled, put the bar down and literally said, “fuck that”.

Some of ya’ll are nuts.

11 Likes

If option 2 wasnt and option, I doubt I could do this with just the bar. The lactic buildup would be literally unbearable.

Saying that I might do my attempt tonight. Squatting to a single every day is getting stale, so I’m going to try this.

Tonight is supposed to be ab work aswell, so maybe Ill do front squats…

2 Likes

Rather stick my head in a blender

Excellent response, LOL.

4 Likes

Made 3.25 minutes for 8or 9 reps. Not beating myself up over it. I did a shit ton of singles at 135 yesterday. Will try it again Monday and see if I can make it 4 minutes…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

If you want something leg related: 10 minutes worth of step ups to a kneeish high box while wearing a 10/20/40/80lbs vest (or no vest or a filled backpack or just hugging plates) would be a good challenge.

Didn’t have the lungs for 10 minutes.

Managed 101 reps in 7:46, finished 5 minutes ago, still laying on my back panting like a dog

21 Likes

I didn’t even come close, made it 4:23min and managed around 54 reps. Shoulders gave out before anything else.

Edit: I have brought shame to my ancestors. Gonna do this once a month to see how I progress and because I’m crazy.

8 Likes

Holy shit!

Might be cheating but I switched (without racking) from low bar to high bar after about 30 reps when my shoulders started to ache and back started to cramp

1 Like

I was doing front squats haha, I wanted to trying to get it overhead and onto my back, but I couldnt even do that.

Only rules were no reracking so i think you are good.

Since I’m coming back from injury doing a much lighter than average but high rep type challenge might be just up my street! I might give it a go.

I did that too, and every so often I’d switch to wide stance then narrow then back to wide.

All these little tweaks to help make it easier whilst staying within the rules is making it feel like power lifting.

This challenge is no longer a true test of strength…

5 Likes

I’ll be giving this a go soon, finishing up my current program.

Did 185x50 today, took about 4:30, but obviously I was dead by the end. Pinky’s performance was strong. Not sure if I can top that but I’ll give it hell.

Was hoping to see more challengers on this one.

13 Likes

Solid effort
Thanks for the reminder, Ill do mine tomorrow

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but there’s no chance I’ll be trying this anytime soon. Both my knees are in terrible shape right now. I did a couple 5 rep sets at 245 yesterday, and that’s as much as I could tolerate. I can’t do any real volume right now, the inflammation just gets too severe.

What happened?