10 Minute Squat Challenge - Any Brave Enough to Try?

Yeah this sounds like a pain tolerance and conditioning check. I think it’s an interesting challenge exactly because of that, but I’m definitely sitting this out.

My most miserable sets were 405 for 9, which took me a little over a minute, and 315 for 16, which took even longer. It’s hard to describe how much I wanted that bar off my back in both of those cases. The 405 set stopped at 9 because that’s how strong I was, but holy hell I wanted that bar off of my back too. The 315 set stopped at 16 because that’s when I couldn’t handle the bar on my back any more. When I watched the video of how fast I was moving I couldn’t believe why I stopped, but I just didn’t have enough grit to keep going.

10 minutes of squatting? GTFO! I’ll cheer on whoever signs up for this kinda suck though.

3 Likes

Having done this with back squats, I’d have to comment that racking at all detracts hugely from the overall difficulty. Still a lot of work either way, but if mental stress if the goal, don’t rack it.

Neither of his options including racking the bar. That would defeat the purpose of the entire challenge anyways.

Simply put, I like:

135lbs as the base weight. 10 mins max reps no racking. If you rack challenge over.

3 Likes

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL CHALLENGE!

*If you decide to do this with front squats, god bless you.

God will probably abandon me after 4 minutes

7 Likes

Agreed.

Confidence, ruined. Self esteem, shattered.

2 Likes

How long did you go?

Didnt do it yet, might do it saturday, if not, next Wednesday.

1 Like

This reminds me of the time HolyMac was going to set off the lunk alarm at a Planet Fitness.

I think I’d rather push a prowler for a mile than do this craziness. If you used a SSB at least you wouldn’t have to hold onto the bar, but unfortunately I sold mine.

2 Likes

I wasn’t around for this, but it sounds like a good story.

He never ended up going through with it, which is what I think when I hear people saying words like “might” followed by “if not, next Wednesday.”

1 Like

Done that. It’s pretty amazing. You basically feel the vibrations in your bones for the rest of the day.

2 Likes

I’m upset because I can’t even get passed 5 mins. I’ve tried twice. And the second time I couldn’t even un-rack.

Fuck this. Lol

2 Likes

Well damn it! How many did you get in 5 mins?

I wasn’t counting all that much. Maybe 20 reps every 40 seconds or so, and then breathing for another 10-20.

I just put on a song that was five mins, and was intending on listening to it twice to equal 10 mins. And just followed the rhythm of the song.

The pain was all concentrated in my neck and I just can’t get around how uncomfortable it feels.

1 Like

Way to go for at least trying!

I’m gonna try one more time in the morning. And that’ll be it. Lol

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, our lady related thread reminded me of this.
It’s legit nowhere near as painful as period cramps. Lol

I understand!