10 Miles Back Again

The press has progressed nicely.
Basic, no time for frills. You and me both.

Edit: no time for semi-supinated medicine ball kickbacks from fingertips. Whatever will we do?!

1 Like

I hate them. Because I suck at them, but canā€™t generally find an excuse not to do them.

Iā€™m really liking how simple this plan for Press is, and effective too, this morning notwithstanding.

2 Likes

Work for this arvo:

50 navy seals.

Itā€™s been a while. These sucked.

4 Likes

Work for today:

Dan John meets @ChongLordUno:

Kettlebell swings (ss. 5 navy seals), 4 rounds:

400 swings, 80 navy seals total. Thatā€™ll do, donkey.

10 Likes

Hell yeah.

1 Like

How are you going big fella? In life and in lifting?

1 Like

Work for today:

Squat:

5 x 50kg
5 x 70kg
2 x 80kg
2 x 90kg
2 x 100kg
2 x 110kg
2 x 115kg
20 x 110kg

Notes:

• Was meant to be a full Squat session, but life happened so just squeezed some work in.
  • Got carried away with my warm ups, after accidentally leaving the ground with the first warm up, I decided to keep going all the way up. Turns out, I can still get air with 115kg on my back.
8 Likes

Unfreakingreal

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

@guineapig life isā€¦ full. Probably the best description. Lifting is very much just fitting in wherever I can right now. I fully expect that at this time of year working in food retail and with 2 small kids. Just gives me more time to come up with a solid and exciting plan for the new year.

@jdm135 I was quite suprised too. Iā€™ve never deliberately tried that before, so it was a fun suprise.

@SvenG equalled a PR there, very happy with that. I think one of my goals for 2022 might be to do this with 120kg, but Iā€™m going to have to get a lot stronger for that. And get something with safeties.

3 Likes

Dammit, man, canā€™t you just let me get through my current misery before forcing me to think about doing more Widowmakers with more weight next year?

Just not cool, dude. Not cool at allā€¦

2 Likes

I reckon youā€™ve got 130kg in you

1 Like

I thought this was gonna go like my life is so fullā€¦ of happiness lol. FWIW fitting lifting in whenever works well enough for me lol. Howā€™s that overhead press going?

1 Like

Work for today:

30mins run

Absolutely awful.

4 Likes

I spent most of last week in hospital with my little man so full of happiness isnā€™t quiet right, but Iā€™m pretty content.

My Press is finally moving again. Stripped my approach right back to basics and it seems to be paying dividends at last. Iā€™m going to keep riding that out until I stall.

2 Likes

Proof above that no matter what time you train, @throwawayfitness and @SvenG are watching and supporting. Appreciate it guys

3 Likes

Iā€™m watching but not sure I can do this:

With this:

Particularly at 5am

1 Like

Honestly, the decision there was based on how knackered I was feeling. I was meant to be doing some thruster based conditioning but I knew Iā€™d half ass it because my mind wasnā€™t in it. Itā€™s hard to half ass a run at my fitness level, youā€™re either running or you arenā€™t.

1 Like

I must have missed this. I really hope everything is ok mate.

2 Likes