1 x 65kg
1 x 70kg
1 x 70kg
1 x 70kg
1 x 70kg

Press (giant set with lateral raises and BPA):
3 x 8 @ 50kg

Notes:

• Press is in a really, really good place right now. I need to be smart and not fuck with this, it’s working. Will do 5 singles next session and then ready to progress. Likely go for a double, maybe add a fractional plate, we’ll see how I feel.
  • Need a smart plan for everything else, specifically squats and back, because I don’t currently have one. Maybe look at one of the push/pull/Squat templates from 531.
6 Likes

How about the one lift a day for squats and possibly back?

1 Like

That sounds bang on the money for squats, sold. For back, I think a weekly goal of X pull ups should do the trick. Allows for a lot of flexibility, which will be essential with silly season approaching at work. Add daily burpees and some steady state cardio and I’m confident I can maintain or even progress until after Christmas.

3 Likes

Also, I did 50 burpees

5 Likes

Burpees

Also, some pull ups

7 Likes

I just had this great idea for you.

Burpee to muscle up into a pike, extend into a hand stand, then an inverted push up, back down to standing position, repeat.

1 Like

Oh, that’s evil! Hand me your beer . . . :grin:

2 Likes

I can’t quite wrap my head around that one, definitely gonna need you to demo

1 Like

Work for today:
1 mile run
5 x superset of 10 burpees and a hill/stair sprint
1 mile run back

Notes:

• Planned a run to the local park for some pull ups but got most of the way there and spotted a little area that looked good for hill or stair sprints. Tried a few different routes, and scouted out some nearby parking so I can bring a kettlebell out and try some Apex Hills sometime.
10 Likes

Work for tonight:

I did some navy seals and my first ever attempt at a Brews Burpee. I filmed it purely for comic effect for the @ChongLordUno

Watching it back, it became very obvious that I look like 10lbs of shit in a 5lbs sack, so that’s something that needs to be changed.

13 Likes

Whoa dagill in real life!

2 Likes

Indeed. The older, fatter part of real life.

2 Likes

Mate I never thought I’d see a Brews Burpee on T Nation. Well played sir

2 Likes

And now that I have seen Dagill do a Brews Burpee, I can’t unsee it.

2 Likes

Attempt is the word I would use.

Work for today:

Press:
5 x 50kg
3 x 60kg
5 x 1 @ 70kg

Notes:

• Tomorrow’s planned session had to be pulled back to today so got the basic basics done.

I’ll also do 50 burpees later, but I won’t bother logging it.

6 Likes

Work for today:

40 mins elliptical.

Will do my 50 burpees later.

3 Likes

So I’m trying to adopt a “something every day” approach. Yesterday was clean and press today will be burpees.
10 EMOM for 5 mins. OR maybe a ladder up 1-10. Not sure.

At least with the ladder up you get a warm up in the work out. Not looking forward to it

1 Like

Thats because burpees suck. I’m doing similar though. I started with a “do something everyday” butni’m now just trying to make the 50 burpees a habit that I do regardless.

Yeah - burpees suck. Doing 50 a day is a good base line. Like doing 5 full depth pull ups. Or 25 press ups. Something I think a massive majority of people should be able to do.

1 Like