10 Miles Back Again

Damn… Crazy! And then some widowmaker? You mad mofo I love it

1 Like

SSB is HARD! I done my first last week. Its struggle with them.

1 Like

That would be awesome! You’re definitely not a long way from me, I might have a couple of lifts that I do better but that’s probably not the sort of thing that would carry over well to SM!

Would it be wrong to spend the next 18 months smashing tren to make sure I beat a couple of guys I’ve only ever talked to online? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

For sure, I think the last two sets of 20 I’ve done were 120kg back squat and 100kg ssb, I’d take the back squat over ssb (except for comfort - the ssb is a lovely thing for that, it’s just the actual squatting with it that sucks).

1 Like

Holding a PR party in here mate. Just before England throw a lifeline to the Scottish :wink:

1 Like

@aldebaran I threw a little hissy fit because the emotional part of my brain wants results yesterday and couldn’t see them so I decided to just stack up the suck. That’s how a simple volume day for front squats turns into rep PRs, widowmakers and sprints

@carlbm for sure. It feels easy on your first rep because it’s nice and comfy to hold. Then you one your air and you realise you can’t get it back and things start sucking really quickly.

@alex_uk aren’t you already smashing that Tren replacement therapy?

@simo74 I haven’t watched an England game in a while. Last night I remembered why.

3 Likes

Work for this mornimg:

Press:
10 x 5 @ 47.5kg
Ss.
24kg kettlebell rows

Ran out of time/tea for other work, may catch up what I can later.

2 Likes

Tell me about it, I’m not a football fan generally watch international games, but after spending 180 minutes of my time, which I really could have spent better elsewhere, watching some insanely dull football I end up not caring at all who wins and wonder why I bother watching. Then before the next game the “what if” gets me and I end up watching all over again - it’s like a gambling addiction but less fun.

2 Likes

Time to start betting on matches!

2 Likes

I watched half of last night, realised i was wasting my time and stopped. If we get to later stages, I might start taking an interest.

1 Like

Lol, like you haven’t already cleaned out your local dealer of his tren supply.

1 Like

Haha don’t tempt me! It would make me care more but can’t say it would make the actual game play more interesting, probably just more frustrating. Does remind me of someone I heard once who always bey against the team he supported that way he was happy with either result.

Shh, I don’t want people to know that I take 2g of tren a week and still don’t have abs/can’t pull 200kg!

Dude, you have abs, you just don’t have the genetics to have them pop like some do. I don’t exactly feel sorry for you, you are otherwise killing it.

But can’t pull 200? I don’t believe you.

1 Like

I also have the fat that covers them, but yea you’re right mine don’t pop at all, even as a super skinny kid I didn’t have abs, keep dreaming about them maybe one day I’ll get committed enough to get proper lean.

Haven’t pulled 200kg conventional yet, only sumo.

We still doing this? There is no difference. Whatever advantage people think they get from the sumo position is completely offset by the mechanical disadvantage of being spread eagle during the lift and losing leg power. There are rare exceptions, but none of those exceptions are among the world’s best deadlifters. If you have sumo’d 200, then you have deadlifted 200.

1 Like

Haha appreciate that @Cyrrex - I’m only making the distinction because this is @dagill2’s log and he’s a massive sumo hater!

Also I want to hit up a strongman comp and they’re all convo, which kinda sucks for me, but forcing me to try convo again which I haven’t done for years, so there’s positives.

1 Like

To clarify: I’m not really a hater, I’m just not very witty and lifting weights is usually a pretty chuckle free environment anyway, so I just take any punchline that comes my way. It’s the same reason I take the piss out of people who put pineapple on pizza.

3 Likes

Now I have to defend pineapple on pizza as well? Guys, Hawaiian pizza is the tits.

1 Like

It’s awful, but you do you man. Live your truth.

2 Likes