T Nation

10 Miles Back Again

That’s excellent from what I understand.

1 Like

It’s only for 100m at a time though, pretty confident I couldn’t keep it up for the full 500m. Be interesting to try one time though, might line that up for next week.

1 Like

Yes if he could keep that up its record territory: https://www.concept2.co.uk/indoor-rowers/racing/records/world?machine=1&event=500&gender=All&age=All&weight=All

1 Like

In that case I’d say it’s good not excellent

1 Like

I really want to see what I can do for 500m straight out now.

Yeah I could take a serious crack at the world record in the 70-79 age bracket.
I had a 1.43 500m average for a 1000m row. So I guess 1.30 wouldn’t be impossible for 500.

2 Likes

Make sure you take a picture when you’re done, if I didn’t have a hacking cough right now I’d go set the standard!

1 Like

Darn that being too young thing holding you back!

2 Likes

I had my 6 x100m emom. Average speed 1.33/1.35 per 500m.
It’s getting a bit tough now. BUT the results are showing. I used to die after 4 sets. I’m now waiting till set 6 to die. Which is nice.

1 Like

Work for today:

Front Squat:
5 x 50kg
5 x 70kg
3 x 80kg
3 x 90kg
1 x 100kg
1 x 110kg
2 x 110kg (PR)

SSB squat:
20 @ 100kg

Treadmill sprints:
1 x 400m @ 10 things per thing
3 x 400m @ 15 things per thing

Notes:

• Decided to bring the pain a bit today. It worked, this all sucked in a massive way.
17 Likes

@alex_uk look after yourself dude. You can come shame us with your time later.

1 Like

Nice work on the PR! Congrats.

1 Like

I gotta keep going, you’re catching me with stuff like this:

Which is fantastic work!

1 Like

Hey - PR! Congrats - hard work pays off it seems.

1 Like

That’s an awesome FS!
Good units of speed too.

1 Like

Any time someone squats 20 times I feel happier.

And then a sprint session after ! NICE

1 Like

Ah totally missed that, massive work there @dagill2 I did 20 reps on the ssb a little while ago, hurt to walk after!

1 Like

Whoa I missed that too, holy crap that’s a session! On top of the crazy leg volume we’ve been doing.

1 Like

Nice manly sesh my man. Made in Britain with the Royal Seal of Approval.

1 Like

@SvenG cheers dude, and welcome to the log.

@alex_uk still got a long, long way to go to catch you man. When I do, we’ll find a strongman comp that you, me and @carlbm can all rock up to though.

I don’t find squats cause much, if any soreness in my legs. I think of squats as hurting my soul more than any individual muscles. A hard set of leg extensions and my quads hurt. A hard set of squats and my everything hurts.

@doomyguy strangely, I seem to be better (relatively) at front squats than back squats. But I also cheat and don’t try the movement very often, which makes PRs easier. Plus, my last PR on this movement was fasted, beltless and sleeveless and this one wasn’t.

@jdm135 thanks man. Was meant to be just a bit of a quick session for some squatting volume, but the emotional side of me was getting a bit pissed off at my perceived lack of progress so decided to just stack up things that suck.

@carlbm it’s a workout I stole from you, kinda. It’s my go to “let’s do something squat-ey that sucks”. The SSB was to try and make it easier, which massively backfired.

@ChongLordUno cheers man, good luck tonight.

4 Likes