Leg Extensions:
3 x 30

Leg Curls:
3 x 15

Db SLDL:
3 x 15

2 x brush floor of face

Notes:

• Got through squats in about 16mins, so probably there or thereabouts with the 1mins rest, felt really strong, was getting a good plate rattle on every rep.
  • Leg Press is where it all started going wrong, these were awful and led to a lot of time wasted sitting down feeling sorry for myself.
  • Spent the rest of the workout thinking “this is what I have to do to build quads like @jdm135” to get through. Nearly blacked out on the SLDL, probably lucky I didn’t follow my instinct and use a bar. Now I have to spend the rest of the day figuring out how I function as a human being without the use of my legs. Goes without saying that Rower Conditioning wasn’t happening today.
8 Likes

Freaking awesome.
Thanks for the quad mention, that “growth” surprised me too!
Good speed on the squats. I’ll be there in about an hour, we’ll see how I fare.
Dreamed about messing up this session last night!

1 Like

I’ll warn you, I found the squats pretty straightforward because I’m used to that style of training. The leg presses and leg extensions were awful. Not sure if it was the heat or high rep isolation work, but I really struggled there.

2 Likes

Work for this morning:

Sandbag carries: 10 runs.

Hard work, this, but just what the doctor ordered. Once I adjust slightly, there’s plenty of opportunity to add actual back work here and make it a fully fledged back day.

Will pack with the aim of getting a run in tonight after work and hope my legs cooperate.

7 Likes

Work for tonight:
Easy 20mins run.

5 Likes

Good job, sandbag and a run.
I wanted to get something in today but it wasn’t in the cards.
Between family and work demands today, just couldn’t get there.
Also btw I am SORE!

1 Like

Sheesh, throw it in my face why don’t you.

Me too mate, it’s not as bad as I feared though. Previously when I’ve Leg pressed for high reps (or at all), I slam it around a lot and (I assume), damage the tendons because my legs randomly give way with no warning for the week or so afterwards. This time I was repping deliberately slowly so I’m “just” sore.

@Cyrrex I said easy, not fast. Definitely not fast.

2 Likes

Work for this morning:
25 mins run.

Technically the same easy route I ran last night but blazing sun makes a big difference here. Fuck, that was awful.

4 Likes

It was more like my conscience speaking to me about how I haven’t run a step in 10 days or something, slow or otherwise.

1 Like

I would happily place a wager you still run faster than me. On the condition that I don’t have to do another run to prove it.

1 Like

Is it 20 degrees yet ?

2 Likes

Fahrenheit? Yes

1 Like

Work for this arvo:

Press:
10 reps @ 60kg

Bench:
5 x 60kg
5 x 70kg
5 x 72.5kg
10 x 72.5kg
50 reps total @ 55kg

JM press:
3 x 8

Heavy partial lateral raises:
3 x 30

Y-raises:
3 x 12

Cable raises:
3 x 12
Rower:
190m EMOM, 7 rounds

Notes:

• Presses felt much better and stronger today
  • Bench is still weak. I can’t really blame it on off days anymore, my Bench is just really weak.
  • First time rowers felt tough and I’ve had to actually engage some willpower today. @carlbm
5 Likes

Keep going. I start 6 x emom tomorrow.
What sort of time do you do your 100 in? I’m getting 18/20 seconds. But Im a heavy weight so I can generate more power.

1 Like

I don’t often look at the clock, honestly, but probably early 20s? My focus when rowing is to keep my split time under 1:30/500m, usually successfully. I’ve cracked the 1:20 mark a few times, but not many.

1 Like

Nice. A split of 1.30 for 500 is a good speed. Keep going.

1 Like

Work for this morning:
Lever row:
3 x 8

Cable row:
2 x 15

Poundstone curls:
1 x 100

4 Likes

Oh you’re gonna get some arms now! Good stuff.

2 Likes

Let’s not get carried away now. I’m still firmly in DYEL territory.

Work for tonight:
100 burpees.

Triceps were not ready for this. Shoulda run instead.

5 Likes