T Nation

10 Miles Back Again

Thats FSL weight, but off what I thought to be a pretty modest TM.

It’s called Malcolm X style, first time I’ve ever programmed it, but I like it so far.

2 Likes

Work for this arvo:

1 hour of running about on a hill. Mixture of hill sprints, jogging and walking. Some of these hills are pretty brutal, so “hill crawling” should probably be thrown in the mix.

Sun, wildlife, quiet, good for the soul. I also did a burpee to keep the ChongLord away.

I’m gonna need more food.

7 Likes

Work for today:

5 x 10 cable rows
2 x 20 Wendler rows

Thats all she wrote.
New roadworks on the way to my gym. Will have to get up earlier tomorrow.

4 Likes

Work for today:

Front squat:
3 x 40kg
3 x 60kg
3 x 70kg
5 x 5 @ 80kg

Walking lunges: 100

7 Likes

Is worried about overdoing the volume on the new program
Front squats like a monster

1 Like

Just because I’m worried about it, doesn’t mean I’m going to stop.

4 Likes

I’ve found that, if I’m NOT worried about training, it’s not effective.

6 Likes

Work for this arvo:

EMOM for 10mins:

Clean and Press @ 70kg

Planned 30mins but cut it short because it wasn’t having the desired effect.

4 x 400m “sprints”:
1 @ 10 whatever the treadmill measures in
1 @ 13
2 @ 15

Notes:

• Was meant to be hard conditioning focusing on explosiveness. Clean and Press wasn’t cutting it because I was feeling fully recovered before the next rep so instead of risking having a knock on effect on my pressing tomorrow I cut it short and tried some treadmill sprints instead.
  • No times, because it includes a substantial warm up time where I have to press the “go faster” button 25 million times to get to the right speed, then wait for the treadmill to speed up.

@jdm135 balls in your court.

5 Likes

Gauntlet thrown down!
I know you’re on the other side of the world, but have you shifted your pressing 10x5 to saturday or have I lost track of the international date line?
We’ll see what I can pull off this weekend. Need to rest honestly. But maybe something involving barbell rows.

2 Likes

Yeah, it fit better with my schedule this week, but I don’t think it matters too much which day. I’ll get up earlier tomorrow and get it done in the garage.

1 Like

In other news: energy levels and mood have been consistently high this week, enough to be noticeable to others even on when returning to reduced sleep. Could be dramatically cutting caffeine, increased sun, increased conditioning or any number of other things but I like it and I want to keep it, whatever it is.

9 Likes

Work for this morning:

Press:
10 x 5 @ 45kg
ss. Pull ups.

3 Likes

That’s my vote. I live in a very dark climate and I find this makes the biggest difference for me, when the sun finally makes an appearance.

Maybe the same is true for you?

1 Like

Could easily be, yeah. So many factors at play though, I’m reluctant to home in on one and say that’s it. It’s probably a little bit of all of them.

1 Like

Work for this arvo:
25-1 swings (24kg) superset
1- 25 burpees

Plenty of looking-after-kids breaks here, so not quite straight through. Probably didn’t catch my breathe properly throughout though.

3 Likes

How long does something like this take you? Looks like a sweet little conditioning session.

1 Like

That was about an hour, maybe an hour and a quarter, but it was far from all out, lots of sprog-watching inbetween. If i was on my own and focused I could speed that up a lot.

3 Likes

I have not jumped on the burpee train here and doing 25, let alone 1-2-3- …-24-25,
sounds incredibly miserable.

1 Like

It is, yeah. I badly misjudged which exercise to start high with.

1 Like

Weigh in today: 197lbs. Slight loss, which is absolutely astonishing given the amount of food I’ve been putting away.

I guess I need more.

Happy with the week, would like a few steady state sessions this week.

4 Likes