10 Miles Back Again

Dingaling.

2 Likes

Thanks man, that’s the hope.

I’ve just started taking a big old thermos of tea out seems to do the trick, bar warms up pretty quick. The pull ups at the park the other day were pretty eye opening though, think I almost got my hands stuck to them.

I’ll probably start slowly phasing this type of stuff in. There’s already a hefty workload involved here, so I don’t want to add too much too quickly.

@ChickenLittle it’s worth remembering that when we say “cold”, we mean cold for England. Today was “freezing” because technically it was hovering around the zero mark, but we’re definitely amateurs in the extreme weather game.

@Cyrrex I’m getting there. Slowly.

4 Likes

Congrats on the rep PR :+1:

Thanks man. Do you have a log? I don’t think I’ve come across it yet.

So you just pour the tea on the bar right? Could you just use hot water as I don’t like the smell of tea…

1 Like

Yeah, are hiding it in the pensioners section

1 Like

@kd13 Why would you waste tea? Are you really British? Somethings off here.

@doomyguy you as well? I thought @ChickenLittle was the only one. I’ll have to check it out later.

Easy now! Google targeted me with an ad the other day for a simple senior flip phone🤣

3 Likes

Well, I looked around and over 35 section had a lot of logs - and I figured as I had slightly passed that age, it was probably where I belonged.

Could be wrong, but doubt it, I have been a cranky old guy since birth or thereabouts. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Nah, come on, they don’t know you that well it seems.

Now, if it had been, say a trap bar with wheels or something, that I could belive :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

As promised @boilerman . Had to cut it into pieces so it could fit on the plate.

4 Likes

I’m a bit younger and sometimes I even want to swap my smartphone with a flip phone, so no shame.

3 Likes

Strange all I see is this

1 Like

Sorted?

Oh hell yes.

1 Like

Looks glorious, so much better looking than the frozen pizza I just ate!

1 Like

Love me a good pizza though. I think it’s been my birthday meal every year for about a decade.

1 Like

Swedish society almost literally requires a smartphone for identification (banking, healthcare, signing things digitally) otherwise I would get a dumb phone. If it weren’t stupidly expensive to run two cellphone plans I’d get a dumb one and keep my current smart phone for administration. Get an mp3 for music.

2 Likes

Work for today:

Jumps: 3 x 5
Hang Clean:
5 x 42.5kg
5 x 47.5kg
5 x 55kg

Front Squat:
5 x 65kg
5 x 72.5kg
5 x 80kg

Back Squat:
22 x 80kg

Press:
5 x 50kg ss. Kb carry (36 and 24kg)
5 x 50kg ss. 20 walking lunges
5 x 50kg ss. 20 walking lunges and 20 air squats
5 x 50kg ss. 20 walking lunges and 20 air squats

Dips:
3 x to failure ss. BPAs

Notes:

• Felt sore AF going into this, all my legs from ankle up
  • Weights all felt fairly light and easy, volume definitely didn’t.
  • Stole @carlbm squat workout. Started the 20 rep squat set expecting to just do 20. Wasn’t dead at 20 so decided to push to 25, then something went horribly wrong in my neck around rep 22.
  • Walking lunges continue to suck but are a far better call than goblets for this part of the workout.
  • No run today because time, but also running in -2 probably sucks really bad. May run tomorrow but I expect it to be a 16 hour work day, so may also give it a rest.
  • Put one extra upper body work in too because I had 5 mins and the presses felt stupid easy.
5 Likes

You’re training in an unheated space right now, right? With a fat loss/body transformation goal, I got the best results in my training ever back when I was in North Dakota training in a garage during winters were it got to -60 F (with windchill) outside. For a helpful perspective in that, -45F is…-45C. It’s the one time the two temps meet.

But in either sense, I’ve heard things about “brown fat” response to cold weather, and damned if I could NEVER replicate the results I got when I was training in that environment. It seems to just strip away fat from the inside out.

All this to say, even if you don’t go for that run, training in the cold is probably doing some good.

1 Like