T Nation

10 Manliest Games

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/top-10-manliest-games/?icid=aimDBDL1_link1-a

What about Metal Gear Solid?

Solid Snake is a serious T-Man

That list looked pretty dated.

Ahh, so it seems masculinity = domination and violence.

Thanks for the memo. :^P

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go help an old lady cross the street.

Or, was it to tell her to “fuck off, bitch!”?

It’s hard to keep track of what qualifies as masculinity these days.

ElbowStrike

you can help her cross the street.

as long as you spinning hook kick her head off shortly after

On second reading I also Grok’d that manly men always do the exact opposite of what women do.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
you can help her cross the street.

as long as you spinning hook kick her head off shortly after[/quote]

Reminds me of when this overzealous “Loss Prevention Officer” full-out charged at a 90-year-old woman at the local grocery store for putting some canned food in her purse.

My now-girlfriend saw this, hopped the deli counter, blindsided the LPO and put him in a headlock.

[EDIT: Pardon me, it was a “full nelson” (thanks, Jen).]

Turned out the old woman had dementia, was completely out of her gourd, wandered off, and her family was looking for her. Also had osteo and the tackle would have killed her.

LPO got fired and my now-girlfriend got Employee of the Month.

So if I’m supposed to do the opposite of what women do, does that mean that next time I should tackle the old lady?

ElbowStrike

dude.

tackle the old lady.

achieve the mount.

ground and pound.

sexually ravage.

lather, rinse, repeat.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
dude.

tackle the old lady.

achieve the mount.

ground and pound.

sexually ravage.

lather, rinse, repeat.[/quote]

/facepalm

ahh Postal…good times

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Ahh, so it seems masculinity = domination and violence.

Thanks for the memo. :^P

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go help an old lady cross the street.

Or, was it to tell her to “fuck off, bitch!”?

It’s hard to keep track of what qualifies as masculinity these days.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

If you’re about to add that ‘tetris’ or ‘mario’ should be on this list… there just may not be any helping you.

The list blows, mostly. Sure, it has God of War. I SUPPOSE you could throw Gears of War in there - and Duke Nukem’. Other than that, no.

Although it was nice to see Condemned 2 mentioned… super-underrated games for the 360.

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
dude.

tackle the old lady.

achieve the mount.

ground and pound.

sexually ravage.

lather, rinse, repeat.

/facepalm[/quote]

I facepalmed too. He forgot to include performing ‘the rape choke’

[quote]Otep wrote:
If you’re about to add that ‘tetris’ or ‘mario’ should be on this list… there just may not be any helping you.[/quote]

Any of the “Call of Duty” series would have been great:

Fighting expansionist Totalitarianism in Europe = Manly

HULK SMASH!!! = Adolescent Boy-ly

Not to mention the Half-Life series:

Gordon Freeman, with three PhD’s in advanced physics, starting out armed with nothing but a crow-bar, fights for the freedom of humanity from The Combine = Manly

POSTAL!!! = Adolescent Boy-ly

That about sum it up?

ElbowStrike

No Contra?

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Any of the “Call of Duty” series would have been great:

Fighting expansionist Totalitarianism in Europe = Manly

Not to mention the Half-Life series:

Gordon Freeman, with three PhD’s in advanced physics, starting out armed with nothing but a crow-bar, fights for the freedom of humanity from The Combine = Manly
[/quote]

That stuff might be manly if they happened in real life, but as far as video games go, they don’t even register.

[quote]Anthony50 wrote:
No Contra?[/quote]

WHAT? no roller coaster tycoon?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Anthony50 wrote:
No Contra?

WHAT? no roller coaster tycoon?[/quote]

No, no roller coaster tycoon

Theme hospital!

I just got done chucking grenades at motherfucking ghosts in F.E.A.R.

Bioshock