10-15% Daily Fat Consumption

Background (sorry if long winded):
Between January an early April, I finally got truly motivated and managed to drop 20lbs of fat that I had been carrying around for 15 years or so. Once hitting my target loss, I stabilized my diet, and as I was still making gains in the gym and maintaining my weight, I figured I was good.

Well, two-three months ago, I hit “the wall” in the gym, making only minimal gains on one or two exercises (at best) each workout, where before I would increase on at least 90% of all movements each workout. I assumed that I was merely not getting enough calories, so I began adding in more clean carbs, and increased my daily caloric intake pretty significantly with little to no results. Meanwhile, I changed routines, changed reps/sets, all to no avail.

Yesterday, I finally decided that I should put my daily intake into FitDay just to make sure nothing glaring stood out. Yesterday, my diet would have consisted of 280 grams carbs, 230 grams protein, and a whopping 29 grams of fat. (46% - 42% - 12% respectively, uh-oh)

While I immediately changed my menu around for yesterday, and have made adjustments for the future, I have unfortunately been eating pretty close to this for quite some time now (middle of April?) Note that my carb intake is lowered on non-lifting days.Knowing that inadequate fat content can wreak havoc with hormone production (including testosterone), I feel like I might have stumbled on a main cause of my “wall”.

My question is now that I am trying to get this straightened out, any clue on how long it will take for my body to get itself back in order?

I have a feeling that it might be wise to to add TRIBEX Gold to my normal daily supplements (Creatine, BCAA, & After-Glo post workout). Is there anything else that might be reccomended?

Sorry for my first post being a question, but other than articles regarding proper fat intake, I really didn’t see anything while searching for trying to get over a glaring problem with ones diet for some time.

Thanks,
Kinny

[quote]kinnyv wrote:
Background (sorry if long winded):
Between January an early April, I finally got truly motivated and managed to drop 20lbs of fat that I had been carrying around for 15 years or so. Once hitting my target loss, I stabilized my diet, and as I was still making gains in the gym and maintaining my weight, I figured I was good.

Well, two-three months ago, I hit “the wall” in the gym, making only minimal gains on one or two exercises (at best) each workout, where before I would increase on at least 90% of all movements each workout.

I assumed that I was merely not getting enough calories, so I began adding in more clean carbs, and increased my daily caloric intake pretty significantly with little to no results. Meanwhile, I changed routines, changed reps/sets, all to no avail.

Yesterday, I finally decided that I should put my daily intake into FitDay just to make sure nothing glaring stood out. Yesterday, my diet would have consisted of 280 grams carbs, 230 grams protein, and a whopping 29 grams of fat. (46% - 42% - 12% respectively, uh-oh)

While I immediately changed my menu around for yesterday, and have made adjustments for the future, I have unfortunately been eating pretty close to this for quite some time now (middle of April?) Note that my carb intake is lowered on non-lifting days.

Knowing that inadequate fat content can wreak havoc with hormone production (including testosterone), I feel like I might have stumbled on a main cause of my “wall”.

My question is now that I am trying to get this straightened out, any clue on how long it will take for my body to get itself back in order?

I have a feeling that it might be wise to to add TRIBEX Gold to my normal daily supplements (Creatine, BCAA, & After-Glo post workout). Is there anything else that might be reccomended?

Sorry for my first post being a question, but other than articles regarding proper fat intake, I really didn’t see anything while searching for trying to get over a glaring problem with ones diet for some time.

Thanks,
Kinny[/quote]

Take your fish oil, eat some meat, cook with olive oil, drink some whole milk, eat some yogurt, eat some peanut butter, humus etc. and don’t worry about it.

fish oil
eat eggs/beef/fatty cheese at every meal (except PWO)
add some olive oil to your veggies
add some ground nuts/seeds

Thanks for the quick replies. I appreciate the suggestions on how to fix my diet. Upon seeing my diet deficiency, I immediately hit the forums with the search tool and figured out what I needed to do diet wise, and adjusted my menu accordingly.

I was actually more curious regarding expectations with respect to the body returning to more “normal” conditions now that I have corrected my diet.

[quote]kinnyv wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies. I appreciate the suggestions on how to fix my diet. Upon seeing my diet deficiency, I immediately hit the forums with the search tool and figured out what I needed to do diet wise, and adjusted my menu accordingly.

I was actually more curious regarding expectations with respect to the body returning to more “normal” conditions now that I have corrected my diet.
[/quote]

Define normal? I find that my body reacts to major macronutrient changes within a few days. I doubt you’ve done any serious damage, people intentionally go on diets much lower in fat than yours and somehow manage to keep breathing. Get your good fat intake up, keep it there, and don’t sweat it.