10,000 IU of HcG per Week?

I just ordered my HCG from Freedom Fertility. My doc, who some on this board also go to, prescribed me 3,000 IU three times per week. This is for fertility, after thirteen years of being on TRT, since 22 years old, with no HCG. I will be trying for a kid in August, after my wedding. He said that after I become fertile, we can go with TRT and a maintenance dose of HCG from then on.

I have heard conflicting reactions to HCG monotherapy, with some doing just fine, and others not feeling so great. We will see how it goes.

^ Good luck, man, I hope it works for you!

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:
^ Good luck, man, I hope it works for you![/quote]
Thanks

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
I just ordered my HCG from Freedom Fertility. My doc, who some on this board also go to, prescribed me 3,000 IU three times per week. This is for fertility, after thirteen years of being on TRT, since 22 years old, with no HCG. I will be trying for a kid in August, after my wedding. He said that after I become fertile, we can go with TRT and a maintenance dose of HCG from then on.

I have heard conflicting reactions to HCG monotherapy, with some doing just fine, and others not feeling so great. We will see how it goes. [/quote]

It seems most cases of young men using HCG mono work out very well. Some of the older gentlemen trying HCg only have less than desired outcomes.

I’ve also just started HCg mono from TRT for fertility reasons.
Good Luck

Agree, go with the powder. And with a script for 10,000 IU per week (!!) you should have enough to last a long time.

1 Like

What is the trick to injecting T with an insulin needle? I see that in the injection protocol sticky, but I’m obviously doing something wrong.

I just got my T last night (still waiting on my HCG / Anastrozole order to arrive from safemeds4all), and tried this morning to use a 29 gauge monoject needle. Finally ended up using the regular 1.5" needle because I just couldn’t get the testosterone cypionate to go through the small needle. Kept pulling back the plunger but nothing happened. Ran out of time waiting for something to happen.

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:
I just got my T last night (still waiting on my HCG / Anastrozole order to arrive from safemeds4all), and tried this morning to use a 29 gauge monoject needle.
[/quote]

Maybe it was too cold. At 75 degrees Fahrenheit it takes me about 3-5 minutes to draw about 0.4 ml (80 mg). If you can rig up a way to suspend the vial and needle upside down (I do it with a French press coffee pot and plunger I have) you can draw out the plunger, leave it, and come back later. You can heat it up a bit to make it flow easier but I wouldn’t overdo it.

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:
What is the trick to injecting T with an insulin needle? I see that in the injection protocol sticky, but I’m obviously doing something wrong.

I just got my T last night (still waiting on my HCG / Anastrozole order to arrive from safemeds4all), and tried this morning to use a 29 gauge monoject needle. Finally ended up using the regular 1.5" needle because I just couldn’t get the testosterone cypionate to go through the small needle. Kept pulling back the plunger but nothing happened. Ran out of time waiting for something to happen.
[/quote]

Sure It takes a minute or 2 for the slin pin to fill. I use cyp and can fill .25 in maybe 30-45 sec. Even if it doesn’t appear anything is happening just hold the plunger back.

I managed to fill my 50mg of T in a 29-gauge monoject insulin syringe, but it took forever (well, 10-15 minutes anyway). Actually injecting all of it was also a slow process.

Now, my leg is pretty sore at the injection site. I think I’m gonna just stick with the big needles – faster and I don’t get any post-injection pain. Ironically, the small needles at least seem (judging by the way my leg feels) to be causing more muscle damage than the big ones ever did.

Also just wondering, what do you guys think of generics from India? Pure enough to justify the savings? Too potentially dangerous?

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:
I managed to fill my 50mg of T in a 29-gauge monoject insulin syringe, but it took forever (well, 10-15 minutes anyway). Actually injecting all of it was also a slow process.

Now, my leg is pretty sore at the injection site. I think I’m gonna just stick with the big needles – faster and I don’t get any post-injection pain. Ironically, the small needles at least seem (judging by the way my leg feels) to be causing more muscle damage than the big ones ever did.

Also just wondering, what do you guys think of generics from India? Pure enough to justify the savings? Too potentially dangerous?
[/quote]

Tuberculin syringes are far easier to load. I tried using the insulin syringes and mine was damn near impossible to get 1/2 a cc in.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:

[/quote]

Tuberculin syringes are far easier to load. I tried using the insulin syringes and mine was damn near impossible to get 1/2 a cc in. [/quote]

Just curious why brand of test cyp you guys are trying to use? using Depo-test (Pfizer) I have zero issues with slin pins. 29g 1/2" pins

[quote]Ned wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:

[/quote]

Tuberculin syringes are far easier to load. I tried using the insulin syringes and mine was damn near impossible to get 1/2 a cc in. [/quote]

Just curious why brand of test cyp you guys are trying to use? using Depo-test (Pfizer) I have zero issues with slin pins. 29g 1/2" pins
[/quote]

Watson or Pfizer. I haven’t used any other T cyp and don’t even know what other brands are making it.

Just ordered some 29g tuberculin syringes; we’ll see how it goes. Thanks.

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:
Just ordered some 29g tuberculin syringes; we’ll see how it goes. Thanks.[/quote]
Did they come in yet?

Just got them. That order – and especially my order for HCG and anastrozole – took forever to get here. Apparently the holdup was the big storm in the east. So, haven’t tried the new syringes yet, but will next time.

In the meantime, I have what is probably a really stupid question, but I gotta ask it: This Ovidac HCG stuff (powdered) comes with a little saline vial in each box too. But the vial is like nothing I’ve seen before; it has a narrow end with a black ring around it, then the very end of it is just rounded-off glass. That’s it. What am I supposed to do with it, exactly? I was expecting a design that would allow me to use a needle to draw out the saline or bac. water solution from the vial, then inject it into the vial of powdered HCG. Then use another needle to draw out the reconstituted mix. But I don’t get this setup. How do I do this thing?

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:
Just got them. That order – and especially my order for HCG and anastrozole – took forever to get here. Apparently the holdup was the big storm in the east. So, haven’t tried the new syringes yet, but will next time.
[/quote]

My order was also delayed because of the northeast storms. :slight_smile:

[quote]
In the meantime, I have what is probably a really stupid question, but I gotta ask it: This Ovidac HCG stuff (powdered) comes with a little saline vial in each box too. But the vial is like nothing I’ve seen before; it has a narrow end with a black ring around it, then the very end of it is just rounded-off glass. That’s it. What am I supposed to do with it, exactly? I was expecting a design that would allow me to use a needle to draw out the saline or bac. water solution from the vial, then inject it into the vial of powdered HCG. Then use another needle to draw out the reconstituted mix. But I don’t get this setup. How do I do this thing?[/quote]

I don’t know, so it’s not a silly question. Did you read the accompanying drug information pamphlets.

I have APP brand HCG and Freedom Fertility included 1 ml syringes for injection (not quite convenient considering my three ml injections, but I have over 100 three-ml syringes for IM anyway), 10 ml barrel syringes for reconstitution and four cases of HCG and bacteriostatic water vials, all to last a month for my weekly 9,000 IU prescription.

How much will you be taking? Will you use the prescribed 10,000 IU weekly dose.

No, I’ll be doing 500 IU every other day.

I’m thinking that the ampoule (or whatever you call it) of saline might just have to be broken off at the narrow top, probably where the black ring is around it. Seems weird – I don’t like having to break glass in order to open something – but I’m guessing that that is what I need to do. Then, I guess just insert the syringe into that, draw out the water (saline), and inject it into the HCG vial to reconstitute.

I’m trying to verify that by Googling, but so far not finding much. The pamphlet that comes with the Ovidac is not of much use in this area.

OK, I found a video of it:

Any chance you could link that video? I’m going to order my Hcg from them in the future.

THANKS

[quote]GuillermoR wrote:
I’m also a bit confused about how to reconcile what I read here about iodine supplementation (12.5 mg a day seems to be popular), with what I read on medical sites like WebMD, which state that anything over 1,100 mcg a day (that’s only 1.1 mg) can be dangerous and can cause multiple thyroid issues.

So what is the story on that?
[/quote]
I don’t wish to step on anyone’s toes on this but these are some of the evidence-based reasons against really high dosing of iodine:

Iodine Excess as an Environmental Risk Factor for Autoimmune Thyroid Disease. Int J Mol Sci. 2014 Jul; 15(7): 12895â??12912. Iodine Excess as an Environmental Risk Factor for Autoimmune Thyroid Disease - PMC

Iodine intake as a determinant of thyroid disorders in populations. Best Pract Res Clin Encocrinol Metab. 2010 Feb;24(1):13-27 Iodine intake as a determinant of thyroid disorders in populations - PubMed

More than adequate iodine intake may increase subclinical hypothyroidism and autoimmune thyroiditis. European Journal of Endocrinology (2011) 164 943â??950 http://www.eje-online.org/content/164/6/943.full.pdf

Iodine toxicity from soy milk and seaweed ingestion is associated with serious thyroid dysfunction. Med J Aust. 2010 Oct 4;193(7):413-5. Iodine toxicity from soy milk and seaweed ingestion is associated with serious thyroid dysfunction | The Medical Journal of Australia