1 Yr of SS, Took 4 Months Off. How to Restart?

do i just pick some random weights i can complete a workout with and start adding to that in the SS style three days a week. A B workouts or should i do texas method with a light start weight.

my squat pr was a set of 375, recently i did 315 for 3x5

just get back in the gym and move some light weights around. I usually need some time to “grease the groove” after a long break. You’ll know when to start adding weight once the initial DOMS has worn off and your movements feel crisp again.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
just get back in the gym and move some light weights around. I usually need some time to “grease the groove” after a long break. You’ll know when to start adding weight once the initial DOMS has worn off and your movements feel crisp again.[/quote]

This. It takes me usually 2-3 weeks to figure out where I’m at after a longish layoff and knock the rust off. Once you know where you are at, just train like normal.

[quote]ScreenWatcha wrote:
texas method with a light start weight.

[/quote]

=Win

[quote]ScreenWatcha wrote:
do i just pick some random weights[/quote]
Whichever plan you go with, you don’t need “random” weights. You know what you were capable of not all that long ago, so refamiliarize yourself with the movements and recondition yourself, and then work up to 75-80ish% of those (like you did with your squat) over the next few weeks and see how they feel. Strength should bounce back quick enough once you get back into consistent lifting again.

Did your bodyweight change, either up or down, in these four months? That’ll be a factor as well, in terms of regaining strength.

Just a warning… don’t be disappointed w/ the lost strength. You lose it fast coming off a low volume, intensity based program, so you may be shocked at how low you are, but it does come back at a fairly reasonable rate.

since your starting back, i would hop back on starting strength and try to milk out the linear progression for as long as you can, then get on the texas method

To answer the person who asked a question my lbm went from 179 to 165 and my body weight went from 235 to 209. I’, back to about 220.
With a lbm of 171.

This topic is closed. Thanks for the help guys.

Why not just try for a new 1rm then continue buisness as usual?